The Road to Adelaide Oval - Round 3

Demonland

You are the one that had a go at me for saying the GC game last year 'we were never in' after losing by 8 points...

We were leading by 27 points after your half of no positives...

it is way too often lately that I am asking 'what are you even taking about?' from a poster

Sydney lost to GWS in round 1 last year.

That's the only thing giving me confidence that things aren't as bad as they seem.

Hopefully we come out breathing fire and catch Adelaide off-guard because they (hopefully) might have pencilled in a win already.

• Like 1

I was being a tad facetious. Felt like some of the doom and gloomers needed a morale boost. Take confidence from my lead or just laugh at my expense - I don't mind which. :)

Nasher, the frank and enthusiastic awareness of your own delusion is to be both applauded, and pitied. But definitely to be recommended. :)

• Like 1

I'm sure it will be a tight game. For anyone interested, here is Vince talking about it:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-04-15/vince-on-sa-return

I know I am captain cynical at the moment, but does anyone else get annoyed at when players talk all glowingly about their mates on other teams.. when we are about to play them... days after a pathetic loss... they are the enemy, you shouldn't be talking like that. You should be a ruthless melbourne footballer first and a mate of the enemy second. The whole tone of that interview was like 'yeah we'll have a go and see what happens" very casual, which is exactly what we see from the side periodically and with dire consequences. Just thought i'd throw another log on the negative fire :o

I expect us to play like we did last year, this will be a defensive game, low scoring, to get pumped by a 3 digit number, as C&B believes will be a huge shock.

Bit of a shock eh, bit like the second half of last week

I said if we play like last week we will lose by 100

Might get within 50 best case

I think it will be a tight game, maybe about 20 pts in it. IMO we are a more balanced team against Adelaide than GWS, not comparing the two, just think the match ups have more balance.

Not going to buy into the defeatist attitude of some, I'm with you on this one Gnasher!

• Like 2

Bit of a shock eh, bit like the second half of last week

I said if we play like last week we will lose by 100

Might get within 50 best case

What happens if we play like we did in Round 1? You seem to be forgetting that, while the second half of the last game stunk, we have shown we can play some very, very good footy.

Yeah right. The fact that the shortest odds for the premiership are listed as Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo and Port means 'jack' when predicting what is going to happen in September.

It's a mathematical concept called PROBABILITY and ours is very low this weekend

Go ahead and make some multis that are paying '$11-$12 combined' and see how many of them pay off

So your tips are based on who the bookies have as favourites??

Tips on betting on Multis.

1 - only bet what you can forward to lose

2 - don't bet on all nine games, after about around 4/5 the competition even is it self out. Each week there about 5 to 6 games which have clear favourites and they normally get up then there are 2 to 3 games which could go either way, pick the two games out of the three which have the better odds and back them both ways. In essence you are placing four bets, you can start off nice and simple with 4 x $5 bets.

Edited by Al's Demons

I will be happy if we make a game of it. Very worried we will embarrass ourselves.

However in saying that it is hard to imagine our midfield playing that badly two weeks in a row. Jones, Tyson, Vince were as bad as I have seen them last week. These are our 3 best midfielders.

I thought this was going to be the first time Dangerfield played his old club.

Oh well.

I doubted Viney in the off-season, but he has had a ripping start to the year. I know nothing.

How do you come about to doubting a bloke in the 'off-season?'

Edited by McQueen

How do you come about to doubting a bloke in the 'off-season?'

His kicking/disposal was horrendous in the pre-season games,never doubted his endeavor for a second, but his disposal was so bad it would (and did) literally cost us goals and games. For whatever reason, he turned it around.

There is absolutely no way to predict this game. We beat them there last year but this is a VERY different Crows team he way they're playing.

Evidently, this is a very different Melbourne team. Do we have a better team than the one we bought over last year? On paper, we do: it's clear we have more talent. But do we objectively have a better team? After last week's second half, I'm not so sure.

103875-chris-tucker-facepalm-gif-Frid-GS

Edited by praha
  • Like 1

There is absolutely no way to predict this game. We beat them there last year but this is a VERY different Crows team he way they're playing.

Evidently, this is a very different Melbourne team. Do we have a better team than the one we bought over last year? On paper, we do: it's clear we have more talent. But do we objectively have a better team? After last week's second half, I'm not so sure.

praha, I think the second half last weekend was WORSE than anything last year. That's why it's so concerning. PR suggests they aren't organic as a team yet, don't know each other's games etc, on account of having so many newbies. We can only hope that's the case, and it seems he will make few changes so as to keep them together, but if he's wrong, I shudder to think about the rest of the season.

103875-chris-tucker-facepalm-gif-Frid-GS