THE DRUG SCANDAL: AFL TRIBUNAL DECIDES

Whispering_Jack

don't expect a running commentary from worksafe

nor expect to read much in the little paper either.

And tonight on talking footy Watson expresses real concern that a player who was concussed may play next week.

dr tim is seriously concerned about players welfare and their health being compromised.

WOW

• Like 4

nor expect to read much in the little paper either.

This might be interesting (although it could be just more Dank bulldust). Controversial scientist Stephen Dank insists drug documents were left at Essendon

• Like 1

About Essendon and ANZAC day match, many years ago 1982 to be exact whilst on deployment to Singapore[ I was in the RAAF] we were asked to provide a guard of honour for dawn service at Changi war cemetery. To watch Real heroes break down and cry openly, to hear them talk of their long dead mates buried there, it was very moving and a scene I will never forget.

To mention Essendon and those heroes in the same sentence is simply discusting. Essendon are simply DIRTY LYING DRUG CHEATS, and a simple not guilty verdict dosnt wash it with me.

On one hand you have men who gave all for their mates, and the other you have efc who took all and don't care about anybody else.

Dawn service at Changi haunts me forever, and for the efc to even exist on the same planet is so very very sad.

• Like 4

About Essendon and ANZAC day match, many years ago 1982 to be exact whilst on deployment to Singapore[ I was in the RAAF] we were asked to provide a guard of honour for dawn service at Changi war cemetery. To watch Real heroes break down and cry openly, to hear them talk of their long dead mates buried there, it was very moving and a scene I will never forget.

To mention Essendon and those heroes in the same sentence is simply discusting. Essendon are simply DIRTY LYING DRUG CHEATS, and a simple not guilty verdict dosnt wash it with me.

On one hand you have men who gave all for their mates, and the other you have efc who took all and don't care about anybody else.

Dawn service at Changi haunts me forever, and for the efc to even exist on the same planet is so very very sad.

Once upon a time, ex, there used to be a government committee called the Committee for the Protection of the Word Anzac (it might have been 'Preservation', I'm not sure now) which was charged with the responsibility of monitoring and preventing commercial exploitation of the term itself, for the very sorts of reasons you mention. Even then (about the same time you're referring to) it probably seemed a bit quirky and anachronistic. Some other government committee presumably thought so - or thought it was just another example of 'bureaucratic waste' - and it has since disappeared. We sure as hell need it now.

• Like 1

This might be interesting (although it could be just more Dank bulldust). Controversial scientist Stephen Dank insists drug documents were left at Essendon

Alan Jones interviewing Stephen Dank?

What are the chances of any probing hard-hitting questions coming from Jonesy here?

Besides, just because the interviewee on the programme claims to be Stephen Dank, can we even be comfortably satisfied that he is, in fact who he says he is?

• Like 4

Well said mate. And you are right. Its disgusting that they are allowed to be compared with real heroes, but watch the suckholes in the media do just that on ANZAC day.

Lest we forget the drug cheating

Yes, Dank could say whatever he likes with regards to what was used as he knows the records are gone:

"The biggest question in Australian sport's supplement saga – what happened to the documentation of drug use at Essendon? – may well be answered on Tuesday night when enigmatic sports scientist Stephen Dank is interviewed by Alan Jones on Sky TV.

Dank has told Fairfax Media he left all records of supplements that were used at Essendon when he left the club.

"I will tell Alan all the material, including the names of the supplements used, the names of the players administered, the dosage levels and frequency, was left at the club," he said. "Each folder was labelled with the specific supplement and included relevant research papers."

Asked why the documents have presumably disappeared, with no one at Essendon able to produce them to verify his oft-stated claim that no performance-enhancing drugs were ever used, Dank said it suited the widespread narrative that he was a rogue scientist acting alone.

"It suited the story that the program was the work of one man," he said."

• Like 1

They will both do a job on ASADA courtesy of who owns Sky.

Pretty simple isn't it. Then change the umpire. Change the rules courtesy of disgruntled AFL.

Then let WADA waffle... No political interference visible....

Yes, Dank could say whatever he likes with regards to what was used as he knows the records are gone:

"The biggest question in Australian sport's supplement saga – what happened to the documentation of drug use at Essendon? – may well be answered on Tuesday night when enigmatic sports scientist Stephen Dank is interviewed by Alan Jones on Sky TV.

Dank has told Fairfax Media he left all records of supplements that were used at Essendon when he left the club.

"I will tell Alan all the material, including the names of the supplements used, the names of the players administered, the dosage levels and frequency, was left at the club," he said. "Each folder was labelled with the specific supplement and included relevant research papers."

Asked why the documents have presumably disappeared, with no one at Essendon able to produce them to verify his oft-stated claim that no performance-enhancing drugs were ever used, Dank said it suited the widespread narrative that he was a rogue scientist acting alone.

He is a scumbag. Full stop.

What will be interesting is if he carries out his dubious threats to sue everyone that called him a 'drug cheat' etc etc. Including the EFC. They will have to stump up evidence as to why he was sacked and what the basis was for dismissing him. I figure this will now be dealt with behind closed doors. Its in no-one's interest (except the gullible football public) to drag this out in the public domain..The main players want this to go away.

Edited by jnrmac

Alan Jones interviewing Stephen Dank?

What are the chances of any probing hard-hitting questions coming from Jonesy here?

Besides, just because the interviewee on the programme claims to be Stephen Dank, can we even be comfortably satisfied that he is, in fact who he says he is?

Very little chance of probing questions, I would think. I guess Dank may blurt out some stuff that he otherwise wouldn't. I guess we have to go on the balance of probabilities that he is who he says he is, but it seems beyond reasonable doubt that there will be lots of bulldust :lol:

Anyone know what dank had to say?

records at dons and all is good. .. for time being

I still find it incredible that the AFL and its tribunal can truly believe that there were no records. football clubs monitor everything heart rates, recovery times, players work rates, distances travelled, etc why would they not be keeping these records to prove if their program was or was not working. and if they cannot produce these records it is because the essendon football club chooses not to produce them or they have destroyed them...

• Like 2

Anyone know what dank had to say?

Left everything under the watchful eye of DOC RIED.

The 3 wise men were idiots

Dank has already claimed that meticulous records were given to, and kept by Essendon FC. 3RRR Melbourne Community radio had this interview about 2 months ago. AJ is so passe.

Not that I would believe Dank at all. He is the sort of person who makes your skin crawl much like Ricky Nixon.

Who at EFC did he give the records to?

It is disturbing that the records which were clearly highly important were:

1. Only kept in physical form. There were no computer records of arrangements. There are a number of affordable software programs that could have handled and stored this information of the players supplement arrangements.

2. "the material, including the names of the supplements used, the names of the players administered, the dosage levels and frequency, was left at the club," he said. "Each folder was labelled with the specific supplement and included relevant research papers.

- So important files were merely .......left at the Club!! No one in charge....no one controlling the documents.

- So there were relevant research papers but no checked to see that everything was legal and appropriate with ASADA.

Regardless of the appalling miscarriage of moral justice in respect of Hird and Reid, this guy should never ever be let in a sporting club again.

And it only further indicates how shambolic the whole supplement arrangement was at Essendon and that those "in charge" or in roles of responsibility should be shamed and exited from the sport.

Edited by Qwerty30
  • Like 1

Not that I would believe Dank at all. He is the sort of person who makes your skin crawl much like Ricky Nixon.

Who at EFC did he give the records to?

It is disturbing that the records which were clearly highly important were:

1. Only kept in physical form. There were no computer records of arrangements. There are a number of affordable software programs that could have handled and stored this information of the players supplement arrangements.

2. "the material, including the names of the supplements used, the names of the players administered, the dosage levels and frequency, was left at the club," he said. "Each folder was labelled with the specific supplement and included relevant research papers.

- So important files were merely .......left at the Club!! No one in charge....no one controlling the documents.

- So there were relevant research papers but no checked to see that everything was legal and appropriate with ASADA.

Regardless of the appalling miscarriage of moral justice in respect of Hird and Reid, this guy should never ever be let in a sporting club again.

And it only further indicates how shambolic the whole supplement arrangement was at Essendon and that those "in charge" or in roles of responsibility should be shamed and exited from the sport.

I just think about me if i had a supplement program and say it was legal and it actually worked. If i left the club would i then go "no i don't want to keep a copy of my successful program, to help inform my decision making or to base my next program off" instead ill leave every single document at my old employer.. On SEN this morning the two andies were saying he created an excel file of it after a period of time, if i had an excel file of course i would've kept a copy.. i would likely have kept multiple copies because what if one goes missing?? #hesgettingawaywithit

If he has done an excel or other type of file on his computer, why hasn't there been a forensic investigation of his hard drive?

• Like 1

If he has done an excel or other type of file on his computer, why hasn't there been a forensic investigation of his hard drive?

There was, but only the dumbest criminals fail to cover their tracks. Any records they had would have been destroyed as soon as they were tipped off made aware of the investigation. Don't assume anything Dank says is accurate either. The man can not in any way be regarded as a competent professional authority and he has no credibility or integrity. Too many people are getting hung up on the injustice of it all. It's the way of the world, criminals regularly get off not because they didn't do it, but because the law (quite rightly) requires a sufficient burden of proof to be offered. This will be the watershed for greater scrutiny in professional sport in Australia and testing regimes. The AFL need to 'reinvigorate' their drug policy and mend their relationship with ASADA or they face some troubling times ahead.

Edited by grazman
  • Like 2

This is real red letter day for dealers everywhere.

The AfL have given long awaited legitimacy to " the man".

I personally never keep records.

Keeping records is for the justice system .

I just think about me if i had a supplement program and say it was legal and it actually worked. If i left the club would i then go "no i don't want to keep a copy of my successful program, to help inform my decision making or to base my next program off" instead ill leave every single document at my old employer.. On SEN this morning the two andies were saying he created an excel file of it after a period of time, if i had an excel file of course i would've kept a copy.. i would likely have kept multiple copies because what if one goes missing?? #hesgettingawaywithit

In most employment arrangements the program IP would be company property and conditions of employment would normally cover protection of company IP and confidentiality of company data. Your proposed course of action woul fall foul of all those requirements without necessarily protecting your position.

Not that Dank is to believed but whatever went on just fails every reasonable test of basic governance.

Neither Dank nor Essendon hold much credibility out of this. And Hird and Reid moral status is only for the naive true believers.

• Like 1