Dion Prestia

14 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Id have thought he'd do well to just STFU at present...... but then Ive always thought his best commentary was when he does STFU !! :rolleyes:

Yep. He's a dinosaur. Has no idea these days.

Watched his presser today.. He is gone. Looked very uncomfortable and very Scully like in the way he trotted out some of the clichés...

http://m.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2016-05-17/suns-tv-dion-prestia-presser

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Id have thought he'd do well to just STFU at present...... but then Ive always thought his best commentary was when he does STFU !! :rolleyes:

" . Always back the horse named self-interest, son. It'll be the only one trying  " and we know matthews is certainly trying most times

• Like 1

Sam McClure (who i find increasingly annoying) said on 3aw the front runners for Prestia are Tigers and Blues, with the dees in the frame. Surely of those clubs the dess would be a better destination for him, particularly given his connections to the club.

• Like 2

Good ol' Scoop .. He's on the ball :rolleyes:

If he says it's so ....must be eh....meh

I know I will get howled down for this, but I don't rate Prestia as highly as others on here and more to the point, don't see him as one of our major needs.

I think we need more outside pace and I don't think he is that. We also need another key back and a second ruck.

If the Tigers offer to Hurley is correct, I would imagine they would win a bidding war with us, if he leaves the Bombers, as we have a number to satisfy. I can see the Tigers letting a few go to make a fair bit of room in the cap.

I would be looking carefully at the GWS talent pool, as they have plenty not getting a game.

• Like 5

Not on my "must' get list" either . He's icing.  We need more cake still.

57 minutes ago, binman said:

Sam McClure (who i find increasingly annoying) said on 3aw the front runners for Prestia are Tigers and Blues, with the dees in the frame. Surely of those clubs the dess would be a better destination for him, particularly given his connections to the club.

Sam McClure has a massive hard on for both those teams so it's not surprising he suggested them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Sam McClure has a massive hard on for both those teams so it's not surprising he suggested them. 

He certainly does ET.

2 hours ago, Vineytime said:

Tim Watson said on Talking Footy last night that his mail was Prestia is 100% leaving GC. 

I thought we already agreed on demonland he was leaving? 

FWIW i have a cousin playing for the same team with the same player manager and he has told me Prestia is leaving.

It is just whether he comes to Melbourne.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Cheresus a million pages about a bloke who will not be coming to us!

Gee we are easily pleased!

Better than a million pages about a bloke who has left us. [censored] you Scully.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I thought we already agreed on demonland he was leaving? 

FWIW i have a cousin playing for the same team with the same player manager and he has told me Prestia is leaving.

It is just whether he comes to Melbourne.

He gave  no opinion on the likelihood of him choosing the dees?

2 hours ago, binman said:

The way the media works is to get as many people viewing their product as possible.  Carlton and Richmond have more supporters than us so it is better to name them as "frontrunners " while mentioning us as an afterthought. 

He's definitely leaving GC and I would say we are the frontrunner assuming we want him and he's willing to come at the right price. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Moneider96 said:

I think we will try and get Steven May instead. 

Why, or is that just pulling something out of your clacker?

• Like 1

Can't see Prestia going to Richmond or the Blues. Richmond are in for some pain and a rebuild. The Blues aren't going anywhere fast until they dramatically improve their list. I don't care that they've won four games this year. They're being held together by performing B graders and Bolton structures. Prestia will come to Melbourne. Bookmark it.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Why, or is that just pulling something out of your clacker?

Well, the lack of a key defender is a glaring hole in our list...so yeah, it's a guess. Pretty reasonable one I think. 

Not to mention Brett Anderson (tweeted) said that Michael Hurley and Steven May are our no.1 targets (not sure if he is guessing as well). 

Edited by Moneider96

Just now, Moneider96 said:

Well, the lack of a key defender is a glaring hole in our list...so yeah, it's a guess. Pretty reasonable one I think. 

Not to mention Brett Anderson said that Michael Hurley and Steven May are our no.1 targets (not sure if he is guessing as well). 

Ah ok. I dont listen to commercial TV or radio, so I dont hear that sort of stuff.

Would love May. Tough as nails, and not afraid to push people around. Something we lack in our key defenders. A Gorilla Killa.

Surely would cost a lot less than Hurley.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Ah ok. I dont listen to commercial TV or radio, so I dont hear that sort of stuff.

Would love May. Tough as nails, and not afraid to push people around. Something we lack in our key defenders. A Gorilla Killa.

Surely would cost a lot less than Hurley.

Main concern is that he's not very tall. Only 190 cm. 

Nvm...193 cm. 

Edited by Moneider96