Tension at the top?

Demons rising

According to 3AW (bring a large portion of salt with you) Glen Bartlett is allegedly looking to bring in Brian Cook to replace Peter Jackson.

Even if Jackson is on a lot of money (as suggested in the article) surely he is worth it for the stability he has brought to the club for itself alone. Plus, he hasn't been buying any desks lately either.

• Like 4

Just when we get rid of debt caused by too much salary at the top.

We entertain spending more money to load up the debt.

They just never learn.

Bartlett is starting to sound like a PM.

hope this is not true.....could be destabilising

anyway i always thought jackson saw his tenure as reasonably short-term

of course i'd be more than happy if he wants to stay longer

hooray for instability, our old friend

couldn't possibly be competition happening for our positions available,,,,,, could it ???

cook/jackson,,,,,jackson/cook,,,,,, hmmn, could they just fight for it?

Peter Jackson said it best the other night that the only thing which will get us where we want to be is hard work. PJ has put his head down as have many others at the club and we're slowly getting there. We have the right people FFS. We don't need this.

Bartlett needs to get a grip.

• Like 2

As CEO...

Jackson: 1 flag

Cook: 5 flags

Is it also worth mentioning the 2 he oversaw at WCE were the club's first ever and the 3 at Geelong ended a ridiculously long drought?

As much as I rate Jackson and all he's done for the club, Cook is also incredible at the job.

Appears to be a win/win whichever way we go, hardly worth complaining about.

• Like 4

Whatever eventuates, we don't need the disruption, Jackson is doing a good job and is well liked by fans.

Stability is what we need, I'm not sure about Bartlett, hardly hear from him, although I acknowledge that Cook is one of the best but the timing seems all wrong .

• Like 1

As CEO...

Is it also worth mentioning the 2 he oversaw at WCE were the club's first ever and the 3 at Geelong ended a ridiculously long drought?

As much as I rate Jackson and all he's done for the club, Cook is also incredible at the job.

Unless PJ gets annoyed at us for not wanting to re-sign him and wants out and Cook has no interest in coming to us. Then it's a loss/loss and, frankly, something we all don't want.

Just stick with PJ, although I don't think there is much truth at all to this story.

• Like 1

As CEO...

and what if we lose both.......still a win/win?

Unless PJ gets annoyed at us for not wanting to re-sign him and wants out and Cook has no interest in coming to us. Then it's a loss/loss and, frankly, something we all don't want.

Just stick with PJ, although I don't think there is much truth at all to this story.

I highly doubt Bartlett is flicking through a roledex of fantasy options in regards to negotiations with PJ. If said situation is actually legit, then it's safe to say Cook has shown interest.

Either we keep Jackson or we get Cook, that's definitely a win/win. A situation as good as this could only be a potential loss/loss if Schwab was still at the helm.

As CEO...

You missed the lose/lose/lose/werefuckedandputbackanothertwentyyears. We go after Cook who turns us down, go crawling back to Jackson who turns back at us and says get stuffed you had your chance and I'm now one of the sort after CEOs going around

I highly doubt Bartlett is flicking through a roledex of fantasy options in regards to negotiations with PJ. If said situation is actually legit, then it's safe to say Cook has shown interest.

Either we keep Jackson or we get Cook, that's definitely a win/win. A situation as good as this could only be a potential loss/loss if Schwab was still at the helm.

do well on the stock market, do you?

Cook played 4 games for us I believe, so he may want to come back but I see him fairly regularly down the Surf Coast on weekends, including outside footy season so it would have to be a great offer to get him to change his life style and he is nearing retirement age if he wants to. (I went to school with him)

He would be a great get but myself I would be sticking with PJ, after all CEOs don't kick the goals. You need a very competent administrator who recognises management talent and demands hard work from those around him for the good of the club. He is not necessarily some premiership guru. Geelong's success was one part great admin, one part father son and a few parts great/ fortunate drafting.

• Like 1

At the time of the problems we had with CS and co...I started a thread something along the lines of "Get Cook".

...well we ended up with Jackson and I'm happy to have him on board. The only reason we would go for Cook now is if PJ wants to retire and or take on something else.

• Like 2