THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

No he's not, he's a father and a club legend. He is most definitely not an unbiased reporter with a balanced view as he tries to portray, but gullible moron? No.

Rjay, Tim Watson says he has spoken to Danks three times and has been told the players have not taken illegal drugs. Danks has stated that the players took TB4. Danks also said it was not a banned drug.

Every time I have checked TB4 is not approved for use or banned. If not approved it is banned by default. If banned by default it is illegal. Now I am no Rhodes scholar but to me I think the players are in for a world of hurt, perhaps Tim Watson is gullible or at the very least wishful in his thinking but he is not a moron.

• Like 1

Today either we hear Emperor Hird's nakedness called out, or we know where we stand in all this: it's about to become clear whether we have a fair-dinkum "No Drugs In Sport" policy or whether it's been a cardboard cut-out all along.

Either way, something will be gone come 2pm today.

The AFL went an each-way bet with tanking, but this time it appears they can't - WADA lurks in the wings. Despite that, we have watched in growing horror as the AFL eventually set about systematically queering the pitch, showing no more respect for processes aimed at keeping the code clean than Essendrugs have.

And the tribunal today - they are in the position of the Dutch kid and the dyke - except that their motivation in ruling on the mess is compromised by their being paid by the AFL, who in turn are paid by the media, who love the EFC... Spare a thought for those poor buggers obliged to hand down their decision today - they are about to be trashed, whatever they rule.

Sad, sad day. Sadder still if the absurd travesty of a decision that is being anticipated should be delivered. So much to be repaired, even with the best of decisions; and seemingly irretrievable if it goes the other way. FUEFC.

• Like 2

No he's not, he's a father and a club legend. He is most definitely not an unbiased reporter with a balanced view as he tries to portray, but gullible moron? No.

For mine he appears to have failed parental priorities. His blibd allegiance to the club has compromised his own son and that of many others. Thats despicable.

His gullibility in seemingly believing that uttered by pathological liars puts him firmly in the "lesser sharp in the shed" category.

Hes a fool

• Like 1

For mine he appears to have failed parental priorities. His blibd allegiance to the club has compromised his own son and that of many others. Thats despicable.

His gullibility in seemingly believing that uttered by pathological liars puts him firmly in the "lesser sharp in the shed" category.

Hes a fool

For God's sake bb

Can you stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think.

• Like 2

He was once as you say BUT he has "gone moron" as I will "go postal" if the dirty 30+4+1 are not found guilty!!

"Going postal, in American English slang, means becoming extremely and uncontrollably angry, often to the point of violence, and usually in a workplace environment".

• Like 1

Disagree with this. This was a systematic black ops programme. They are all guilty.

No-one spends $600-700k and doesn't know what it was spent on and the results it achieved. To think otherwise you would have to believe that clubs don;t monitor their players to within an inch of their lives for skinfolds, blood tests, miles run, food intake etc etc. That suspends belief.

That's what I believe as well but I'm surmising how a Tribunal could possibly find in favour of the players and against Dank.

I don't believe the Tribunal could find that way WJ. It isn't logical.

Either they were given illegal substances or weren't.

A verdict that says "Dank is guilty because he ordered illegal substances but the players are not guilty because we can't be sure who was administered them" who be a farce.

The players are surely guilty by association in that case, and while maybe not officially, the stain who follow them forever

• Like 1

I don't believe the Tribunal could find that way WJ. It isn't logical.

Either they were given illegal substances or weren't.

A verdict that says "Dank is guilty because he ordered illegal substances but the players are not guilty because we can't be sure who was administered them" who be a farce.

The players are surely guilty by association in that case, and while maybe not officially, the stain who follow them forever

I don't dismiss out of hand though that this result won't be farcical.

I still think they have to be guilty.

We'll know soon...well...at least what 'this' tribunal thinks :rolleyes:

I still find it incredible that Dank was able to speak to the public at footy club pie nights

Yet could snub his nose at all levels of the legal system.

If these players are found guilty or one defirmed child is concieved from any of the "34" He should face lengthy charges immediately.

I honestly reckon it's 50 50. A not guilty finding is very possible as whilst there seems to be circumstantial evidence no one outside the hearing (well almost no one and most likely no one on this site) has a clue as to what has actually been presented or argued.

It funny though because both possibilities - guilty and not guilty - will lead the zealots on both sides to say this is clear evidence of an AFL conspiracy (even though one conspiracy disproves the other).

The pro EFC Hird kool aid drinkers will argue a guilty verdict is proof positive of the AFL's vindictive conspiracy to get EFC and Hird.

The feverish anti Hird camp will argue a not guilty verdict is proof the fix is in and the AFL has corrupted the independent tribunal and got the result it always wanted.

If the verdict is guilty the penalties will be determined at some future date which when handed down will provide more opportunities for both camps to cry conspiracy.

Not confident but I believe that a guilty verdict will be handed down

May not be all 34 though

• Like 1

At around 2.10Pm today I expect the site to go down.

Don't hold your breath OD... there's every chance that they won't have made an announcement by then.

On Tim Watson i reckon more fool anyone that thinks he could be balanced - as opposed to knocking him for being unbalanced. Its his son after all.

I listened to SEN this morning, which i rarely do. I find bizarre how on that station so many of their presenters argue that the media have shaped a perception that the EFC is guilty, something Watson and that other clown (not Gaze) ere banging on about again today. Crazy given most would say the opposite is true, given the relentless pro hird, EFC pap the Murdoch press has been pumping out for 2 years, not to mention the influential voices of Tracey Holmes and Gerard Whatley

And expect the saga to go on. Irregardless of the verdict there's an extremely high likelihood that there will be more lengthy appeals.

Many are wailing and gnashing their teeth that this may take as long as four years to resolve... welcome to modern justice. Without the wisdom of King Solomon and a device such as a guillotine for cutting things in half (or off) this is what we are left with... thanks James

I may be wrong but the players will break ranks well before that - if they have a provisional suspension pending appeals AND their contracts expire - they will basically be in worse limbo than if they take a penalty.

My (unprofessional) advice to the Essendon players has been the same along - cop the penalty and sue the bejesus out of the club for any loss of income etc

Going out on a limb here - a bit after 2pm, a decision will be made that will pizz a number of people off.

Will we actually know the result at 2 pm though?

My understanding is that the result will only be told to the parties by video link at 2 pm. So we'd have to wait for it to leak or for an official announcement later today.

Will we actually know the result at 2 pm though?

My understanding is that the result will only be told to the parties by video link at 2 pm. So we'd have to wait for it to leak or for an official announcement later today.

Live feed is abut to start on afl.com

we will know soon