MFC MEMBERSHIP - SEASON 2015

Longsufferingnomore

Considering the results and Admin problems DD are you surprised?

Win 8 games this year, recruit well again, win the first two games of 2016 and it will 40 000 before you can saw Carn The Dees

Hypotheticals are good and all, but what truly counts are membership numbers.

Fact is we have gone backwards in membership growth. Circumstances aside, we have gone backwards since 2011 when we need to be going forwards.

35000 is still not enough.

Our membership record is above 37,000 achieved back in 2011. If this club is to survive, we need to grow our membership base, something we haven't been successful at in the last 4 years now.

Since 2007 our membership base has grown by 25%. That is amazing considering the results we have been serving up. Yes there has been a little dip for the last couple, but we are now back at our second biggest membership numbers. If that is the base we are working from, and where we will improve from when our on field performance improves then I for one am happy.

• Like 3

Considering the results and Admin problems DD are you surprised?

Win 8 games this year, recruit well again, win the first two games of 2016 and it will 40 000 before you can saw Carn The Dees

Can the MFC ever win two games in a row?

Just a wild guess

Id feel sorry for my mates who go for them, but the amount of cap I've copped over the years and the amount of times I've been told Melbourne will fold..

Just makes me laugh now!!

Edited by Coup Cooper
  • Like 1

Id feel sorry for my mates who go for them, but the amount of cap I've copped over the years and the ampunt of times I've been told Melbourne will fold..

Just makes me laugh now!!

I am sure we have all had similar Coup.

Strange thing is I don't hate any clubs however Adelaide do test my resolve.

• Like 1

Ok I don't think I can get father to cover that. Best I can do is cancel my dogs membership with the Bulldogs and make him a Demon. I'm guessing they're 40 bucks too.

old dee, don't disappoint all your followers, you need take a bex or a single malt and have a lie down.

I shall try harder in the future Ernest.

A single malt is a good idea might have one either way.

I have been a member most of my life, and one of the hardest things to see is all the kids running around with hawthorn and Collingwood jumpers on. Rarely do you see kids outside of the football in Melbourne colours. If we want serious member numbers, we need a flag. Look at what on field success has done for hawthorn.

• Like 2

I have been a member most of my life, and one of the hardest things to see is all the kids running around with hawthorn and Collingwood jumpers on. Rarely do you see kids outside of the football in Melbourne colours. If we want serious member numbers, we need a flag. Look at what on field success has done for hawthorn.

If we want serious numbers we should be able to avoid an away jumper like Collingwood! Those kids only need buy one jumper which has never changed. We seem to get a couple of new versions each year!

Its nice to have 35,000 but it is a long way from the 40,000 the club aimed at and some way from 37,000 PJ thought would happen.

Before we gloat too much about Carlton's demise they have 46,000+ members right now. That is over $2m extra revenue!

We have a way to go before we get too excited about 35,000.

• Like 1

Its nice to have 35,000 but it is a long way from the 40,000 the club aimed at and some way from 37,000 PJ thought would happen.

Before we gloat too much about Carlton's demise they have 46,000+ members right now. That is over $2m extra revenue!

We have a way to go before we get too excited about 35,000.

Being only 2,0000 members down from 2011 is a bloody miracle conidering what we dished up in 2012-2014

Keep winning and those not signed up will flood back

• Like 8

Being only 2,0000 members down from 2011 is a bloody miracle conidering what we dished up in 2012-2014

Keep winning and those not signed up will flood back

I do hope that will be the case, but I do worry sometimes that we've burnt too many bridges with some supporters.

Just last week I was talking to a taxi driver who said he was an MFC supporter but couldn't even follow the footy anymore after what we've served up in previous years. He was shocked when I told him that I went every single week. He said he'd consider coming back after we'd actually won something. I tried to convince him that we are heading in the right direction and to get on board now, but he wouldn't have it.

• Like 1

Considering how we've been, the fact we have 35,000 while both North and Footscray are still in the vicinity despite playing Prelims and finals is staggering.

Imagine if we were playing *decent* football? Not even finals, just decent, competitive football? We'd be pushing 50,000.

It's true that Melbourne has been an indictment on the league. We've turned away our own fans for too long. You can't expect people to buy a crap product. It's a miracle we even cracked 30,000 tbh.

Well done to the membership team. If we crack 8 wins this year we'll hit 40,000 next year.

• Like 1