Jack Trengove Support Group

What

Unless I missed something all we know is that Trengoves scan with Richmond showed something about his navicular not healing as well as expected or possibly having new damage there

Will he need further surgery, will he miss all of 2015? Has anything been confirmed?

Not finished. He's had surgery again to fix the problem. It will see him likely miss all of 2014, but theoretically if we were challenging for finals he'd be back around August/September. I doubt that will be the case though.

For those saying he's finished, I spoke with a player last night and asked how devastated Jack was etc etc. He said he was most devastated that previous to reinjuring it, he ran his fastest 3k & repeat sprints since draft camp. He felt like he regained a lot of speed that he didn't have in the years gone by.
To me it suggested these foot problems were the reasoning behind his lack of speed, and hopefully when he's back in the red and blue he will show that on the field. He know he has the football ability, his first year proved that... He just need his body right.

• Like 27

Sadly i would put $50 on this.

I'll take that bet.

I don't know whether he will ever be effective but I will take your bet that he will play seniors again.

edit - i don't want your money - whoever wins the bet donates it to the club - are we on ?

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 8

What I'm struggling to understand is the football departments stance that they would support him BEYOND 2015!

Think about it he wouldn't have played potentially for nearly 2 full seasons and the fact that we would even consider him beyond 2015 is staggering.

We are not and should not be throwing away good money on the possibility and a big possibility that he will not come up.

To look at extending his contract beyond 2015 is tantamount to very risky list management.

Remember, we were quite happy to let him go to Richmond not two weeks ago.

Very very risky!

What I'm struggling to understand is the football departments stance that they would support him BEYOND 2015!

Think about it he wouldn't have played potentially for nearly 2 full seasons and the fact that we would even consider him beyond 2015 is staggering.

We are not and should not be throwing away good money on the possibility and a big possibility that he will not come up.

To look at extending his contract beyond 2015 is tantamount to very risky list management.

Very very risky!

I am with you PK

Look after him as well as we can in 2015 but beyond that he must prove himself

He has given us little thus far(devastated or not) to be too concerned about him hanging up the boots

Unfortunately he will be taking up a senior spot for all 2015

I'll take that bet.

I don't know whether he will ever be effective but I will take your bet that he will play seniors again.

edit - i don't want your money - whoever wins the bet donates it to the club - are we on ?

you want mine too ?

My prediction.. he effectively sits out 2015.. He'll have no preseason. By the time he possibly comes up to speed ( npi ) the season will just about be over. If he's on the LTI then hed have to be fighting fit and BETTER than hat whom he would wish to dislodge.. If he's released/rookied then again has to prove his relevance i.e Be top 22

Hes coming from a very long run up with a dodgy foot ( deliberate metaphor ). I totally admire the lads dedication to himself and the desire to play for the club. Again a season 2 ver of Trengove....yes please.

All this is possible I grant if, and only if , he doesnt suffer another re-occurrence.

If he cant make it with us, then in reality who's going to grant him an opportunity with so many others to choose from.

Happily donate the 50 ...:)

• Like 2

Very very risky!

Support can come in many different forms, i.e. a rookie position, off field role, therapy and rehab

• Like 6

I'll take that bet.

Sounds fair. The MFC is larger than one man.
  • Like 1

Finished, for us at least.

As rpfc posted in another thread, continuing with us after we were happy to trade him seems unlikely.

Add to that his poor form leading up to the injury. He'll now be coming back from almost 2 years out. That'll be 2 years behind a Roos/Goodwin formed midfield which you'd hope by then Trengove would struggle to break into.

No chance.

Pick 12 was so damn close.

As rpfc posted in another thread, continuing with us after we were happy to trade him seems unlikely.

Well it will be interesting if the club agrees with you. If they put enormous efforts into getting him fit it would indicate they think he is very likely to stay (or are complete mugs if they think he'll leave regardless of what we do). If they don't do much then it will look like they agree with you.

I'll take that bet.

great post, nutbean. that's what a supporter looks like!

• Like 2

Very very risky!

I think it was somewhat of a throw away line and a clumsy attempt to repair any perceived damage from his "almost" trading out of the club.

I would not think there is a chance of him receiving an extension until he is back on the ground and looking ok.

you want mine too ?

My prediction.. he effectively sits out 2015.. He'll have no preseason. By the time he possibly comes up to speed ( npi ) the season will just about be over. If he's on the LTI then hed have to be fighting fit and BETTER than hat whom he would wish to dislodge.. If he's released/rookied then again has to prove his relevance i.e Be top 22

Hes coming from a very long run up with a dodgy foot ( deliberate metaphor ). I totally admire the lads dedication to himself and the desire to play for the club. Again a season 2 ver of Trengove....yes please.

All this is possible I grant if, and only if , he doesnt suffer another re-occurrence.

If he cant make it with us, then in reality who's going to grant him an opportunity with so many others to choose from.

Happily donate the 50 ... :)

happy to take your money too.

If I can get enough of these bets instead of donating to the club - I will buy it - call me Diamond Joe Nutbean,

• Like 1

Sounds fair. The MFC is larger than one man.

agreed - well it's not larger than fat Phil but that's another story.

Would prefer you pay the club instead of me - I love the way he went about it season one and would be saddened if he didn't make it back. There is every likelihood he won't but I like his G&D and I give him every chance of getting back on the park again.

• Like 1

Very very risky!

Sweeping statements, panic and short sightedness as usual picket.

The club would be well aware of the possibility he may not make it back and this will be monitored closely over the next 12 mths. As others have said, support may come in in the form of rehab work, off field roles or maybe a rookie spot. What were you hoping they'd say? That he'll be cut for sure at the end of 2015? FFS they haven't promised him a spot on the list for 2016.

And the general consensus was that the trade deal with Richmond was part of a wider package to land an A grade mid from another club.

• Like 2

What a sad lot we are. Here we are getting all warm and moist over Brayshaw which I suppose is fair enough, yet his highlights reel is no better than JT's , or his credentials better , yet on the other hand many here are ready to burn him at the stake 'finished' they say.

Finished, trade him, get him out of the joint is the implication.

I find it disappointing we aren't prepared to give this kid more than a fair go because that's what he tried to do for us, more than likely when he was battling his own issues.

Hasn't run off for 20 pieces of silver , took on the captaincy, thrust into the headlights and never waivered at a time was in real trouble.

Love him, love his spirit and I really hope that he shoves it up a few backsides on here.

• Like 25