Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

An ex Melb player (who will remain unnamed) just said Dees are looking to build for the future & has heard the following.

Saints are taking McCartin.

Dees will take Petracca, Brayshaw & Lever - banking that he'll still be there due to his injuries.

I wont believe anything until I see it. But it wont be Danger.

If true that means we are giving up 23 and Trenners for Lever. If Lever is gone by 12 what then, we give up 23 and Trenners for some other young kid.

Seems a hell of a lot to lose for a kid at 12.

• Like 4

If this is true I'm finished. I will ring the club and cancel my membership rollover.

If this is true the notion of supporting a club is bullshite.

There is no club.

bye bye then! off to barrack for richmond where u belong!

Edited by tarzan16
  • Like 2

If true that means we are giving up 23 and Trenners for Lever. If Lever is gone by 12 what then, we give up 23 and Trenners for some other young kid.

Ridiculous. The more I think about it the sicker I feel. As supporters we have gone through a lot with this kid. To watch his best years unfold elsewhere would be very tough to watch.

• Like 3

Well we were waiting for the Tyson deal.......

didnt see this coming

Definitely a very questionable theory.

We dont know what the deal(s) is just yet....all rumour, conjecture and vexations currently.

Richmond approached Trengove and MFC, not other way round...

No I'm talking about the deal that the MFC has in mind after getting pick 12 and on forwarding it to who ever for Beams.

Are the MFC confident that deal will get done?

A slow outside midfielder who can't get any inside ball and is injury prone for pick 10 or 12, what's not to like?

We lack leg speed, GWS showed us up in that aspect.

We are addressing that with the recruitment of Garlett, Lumumba and Stretch. Hopefully we can get another speedster like Ahern with that pick.

• Like 2

Don't like it all.

My kids sang its a grand old flag to trenners over the phone when he called them to encourage them to stick with the dees a year or two back.

He showed great faith in us a year or two back, I reckon he will recapture his pre injury form next year and, mist importantly, it is our turn to show faith in him.

Please don't do it.

• Like 6

Really...gee thats mature of you

It IS about supporting a CLUB.... you seem to be supporting personnel... which is it...

oh btw...your dummy is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A club is made up individuals working for a common cause or interest.

I've said many times that the only loyalty left in football is the dumb bastards like us who pay our memberships.

But what are we loyal to?

Players trade jumpers, clubs trade players, coaches are sacked, drugs are taken, players don't like coaches etc. etc. Sport and loyalty are gone.

I love cricket but cannot get interested in the 20/20 comps because it reminds of school lunchtime " pick up sides". There is no sense of team.

I realise this is living in the past but this Trengove deal would be the last straw for me.

• Like 3

I suspect if the Giants land Griffin and have too give up there Pick 4 and possibly more. They will want to trade back into Round 1 calcations. I'm thinking Pick 3 & 12 may just get us Sheil, Frost & Pick 19/or another Mid (eg.Whiley).

Shiel/Treloar and Frost is the only deal I can really think of that would be worthwhile but the Giants seem adamant neither Shiel or Treloar are going anywhere.

Strange days, I'm not averse to Trengove leaving though it would suck but like you said everyone is on the chopping block. Kinda makes it hard to preach loyalty and commitment though I'd you're doing that to an ex-captain regardless of how ill-advised his appointment was. If Jones wants to go next year in FA what do we have to come back with?

What is annoying though is once again Roos is packing up and leaving for Hawaii during an extremely important time for the club. He couldn't wait another week???

How about 2, 23 & Trengove for Dangerfield & 10

Then give 3 & 10 to the Pies for Beams & 48

48 to GWS for Frost

We need atleast 3 live picks in the draft.

Looking at that we have absolutely no picks whatsoever.

83, 97 & 115 ?

Guess we'll need at one of those for Jetta, but presumably we still have a pick to come from Geelong in the Clark deal? Or a token one for Blease?

At a guess.....

We're playing everyone off against there own bluffs.

We arent just rattling trees we're running amok with a D9

This goes beyond proactive, its positively inspired.

Bugger the popcorn..... wheres the cheeses and Port !!!

• Like 1

This is the winds of change blowing through the AFL. We, as supporters want it all our way. Players have FA which has trampled player loyalty to a club. In my mind the players have to accept the consequences of that and that is that Club loyalty to them has evolved into a commercial/business decision. Jack might well be loyal to us in exactly the same way Frawley was. Bled red and blue until FA time and then he could not get out the door quick enough. ( T$... " I want to be a one club player.")

Richmond made an offer and the club and the player are evaluating that offer. I would be seriously annoyed if the club did not work through the deal and do due diligence on it. Take the personal emotion out of it and look at the possible outcome for all involved.

• Like 5

A club is made up individuals working for a common cause or interest.

I've said many times that the only loyalty left in football is the dumb bastards like us who pay our memberships.

But what are we loyal to?

Players trade jumpers, clubs trade players, coaches are sacked, drugs are taken, players don't like coaches etc. etc. Sport and loyalty are gone.

I love cricket but cannot get interested in the 20/20 comps because it reminds of school lunchtime " pick up sides". There is no sense of team.

I realise this is living in the past but this Trengove deal would be the last straw for me.

Asked and answered BBO...the Club....everyone....EVERYONE else comes and goes.....some before their time. But the club carries on.

You sir have a choice

I know mine

• Like 1

Don't like it all.

My kids sang its a grand old flag to trenners over the phone when he called them to encourage them to stick with the dees a year or two back.

He showed great faith in us a year or two back, I reckon he will recapture his pre injury form next year and, mist importantly, it is our turn to show faith in him.

Please don't do it.

Trenners is a top bloke and always will be. But he is not agile enough to play A Grade footy. Sad but it has happened.

Blame the clowns who played him all through 2013

No I'm talking about the deal that the MFC has in mind after getting pick 12 and on forwarding it to who ever for Beams.

Are the MFC confident that deal will get done?

Too early to declare if MFC are confident about Beams. This all just happened today, lunchtime to be exact. But it's unlikely he will be back at Collingwood, and it's not Brisbane now. GCS have Malceski and no more big money. So QLD is unfortunately out for Dayne now.

What is annoying though is once again Roos is packing up and leaving for Hawaii during an extremely important time for the club. He couldn't wait another week???

My thought exactly Gonz which I posted earlier.

Can't leave during this important period IMO.

me too BBO.

Trenners and Jones are off limits. Their loyalty has been invaluable to MFC in keeping OUR loyalty through these tough years.

• Like 6

Don't like it, and consider Trenners and 23 for pick 12 is overs. Good on Richmond for making and enquiry and to MFC for being upfront and not denying it. My next step would be a polite response of thanks but NO THANKS. If they want Trengove then offer pick 12 alone, we keep pick 23 and even then I don't like trading out a respected, experienced player coming back from injury for a kid.

• Like 4

At a guess.....

We're playing everyone off against there own bluffs.

We arent just rattling trees we're running amok with a D9

This goes beyond proactive, its positively inspired.

Bugger the popcorn..... wheres the cheeses and Port !!!

keep the popcorn for the bummers bub, maybe a few footy franks too :lol:

• Like 1

Statement from the club

MELBOURNE is considering trading former captain Jack Trengove and pick 23 to Richmond for pick 12.

Trengove has battled foot problems in the past two seasons and played just two games in 2014.

The 23-year-old had an operation on the navicular bone in his foot and spent time away from the club this season to recover.

Trengove was the second pick overall in the 2009 AFL National Draft and had a brilliant start to his career however his form tailed off after he was named captain in 2012.

He was the youngest captain in the game's history but only lasted two seasons in the job before relinquishing the spot to concentrate on enjoying his football.

The Demons are aware he is a popular and loyal figure and remained coy about whether the deal would eventuate.

"We said after our last game to our playing list that we would look at all avenues to improve our list. Richmond came to us with a potential deal, Jack is aware of this and all parties will now take some time to consider our options," a Melbourne spokeperson said.

However with the Tigers looking to bolster their midfield and being a club on the rise, Trengove might be recharged by a new environment.

Its probably been pointed out already but this is not a statement from the club, it is a news article on our website that includes a comment from a MFC spokesperson.

Too early to declare if MFC are confident about Beams. This all just happened today, lunchtime to be exact. But it's unlikely he will be back at Collingwood, and it's not Brisbane now. GCS have Malceski and no more big money. So QLD is unfortunately out for Dayne now.

So it was more about leaving the Filth.

I have thought this since he was a no show at their B & F.

Interesting.

• Like 1