Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

Crows said to be offering a swap for Trenners and pick 23 for their pick 10. Trenners has come currency on the table.

Well maybe Crows would throw in Lyons and a later pick back to get Frost. Jack goes home and we have 10, Lyons and Frost.

It actually makes me sad. But I understand footy is not sentimental anymore.

• Like 1

This is the winds of change blowing through the AFL. We, as supporters want it all our way. Players have FA which has trampled player loyalty to a club. In my mind the players have to accept the consequences of that and that is that Club loyalty to them has evolved into a commercial/business decision. Jack might well be loyal to us in exactly the same way Frawley was. Bled red and blue until FA time and then he could not get out the door quick enough. ( T$... " I want to be a one club player.")

Richmond made an offer and the club and the player are evaluating that offer. I would be seriously annoyed if the club did not work through the deal and do due diligence on it. Take the personal emotion out of it and look at the possible outcome for all involved.

Agree but what's on offer does not seem worth it and Beams to us just does not make sense for someone who wants leave Collingwood to be closer to his ill father. I like others believe that RFC have asked and MFC are thinking and that's all.

Too early to declare if MFC are confident about Beams. This all just happened today, lunchtime to be exact. But it's unlikely he will be back at Collingwood, and it's not Brisbane now. GCS have Malceski and no more big money. So QLD is unfortunately out for Dayne now.

So what happens if it doesn't go through?

I would hope we don't agree with the Tigers and then if all goes to shite with collywobbles.

This doesn't sit well with me at all tbh JJ

Roos mustn't rate him at all.

In 2013 when Roos was publicly considering the Melbourne coaching position he was asked about Melbourne's list during an episode of "On th Couch". He specifically single out Trengove as a player that could and should be an A-grader. (Can anyone back me up here?).

Anyway, not sure this is important but might suggest his opinion has changed.

In 2013 when Roos was publicly considering the Melbourne coaching position he was asked about Melbourne's list during an episode of "On th Couch". He specifically single out Trengove as a player that could and should be an A-grader. (Can anyone back me up here?).

Anyway, not sure this is important but might suggest his opinion has changed.

Trenners didn't have a navicular bone injury in 2013... and it's easy enough to judge from the outside. He's obviously seen something he doesn't like, hence he was dropped to Casey. In any case, if the opportunity has arisen to replace him with a better player, we simply have to take that opportunity.

• Like 1

Too early to declare if MFC are confident about Beams. This all just happened today, lunchtime to be exact. But it's unlikely he will be back at Collingwood, and it's not Brisbane now. GCS have Malceski and no more big money. So QLD is unfortunately out for Dayne now.

If Brisbane want him so badly, they really should offer us one of their young'uns for pick 3. ;)

Then package picks 3 and 5 to Collingwood. Simple!

• Like 1

The beams trade doesn't make sense to me. "I wanna go home due to family issues but now I wanna move across the road" Is Mitch the new manager of Beams?

Absolutely spot on.

I wouldn't be touching him with a ten foot pole. Surely we learnt something from the last time we poached a player who had thoughts of "going home". There are and will be plenty of good young footballers around trying to get back to Victoria, I wouldn't be signing one who's trying to get out.

Just hope we don't end up being Collinwood's used problem lot.

ultimately, i'm putting faith in roos i've decided.

i heard someone - another coach, i think it was - talking on trade radio about it the other day and ultimately players are 'commodities' these days.

depressing, but true.

it's all barassi's fault for going to carlton at the end of 64!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUS-MaW_yAE

• Like 2

what if this doesnt actually become about Beams but show Adelaide they can do a deal....or we'll quite happily look elsewhere with those juicy picks

3 and Trenners NOW for Danger...or they take a chance with sfa next EOS.

The Dees need to play this for all its worth

• Like 4

If this is true I'm finished. I will ring the club and cancel my membership rollover.

If this is true the notion of supporting a club is bullshite.

There is no club.

My heart agrees with you Bitty.

My head says it should be done.

Football is an emotional sport and industry, but the successful clubs tend to be pragmatic and realistic in who they keep and trade on. Trenners is a top bloke, loyal, friendly, leader.... but he has been very injury prone and hasn't hit his straps for several years. If 12 can be paired with a further trade including 2 or 3 then it may be the breakthrough we need to land our big fish. Maybe, or perhaps we will take it to the draft.

I like Trenners, but I've not liked the fact he struggles to get on the park and I can't honestly see it improving.

• Like 3

Somebody mentioned that we are planning to use pick 12 for Jake Lever. Not that l object to this as a replacement for Chip but what happened to plans for Oscar McDonald or were there none? With all the trading , FS used for Billy and Jetta upgrade, will we have any live picks in the draft apart from 1, 2 & 12?

Speculative nonsense. Nothing from Adelaide. Typical Rucci shite article

• Like 3

There is nothing in that article that actually says Adelaide are interested in Trengove. A lot of people putting a lot of faith that Trengove will play a level of football he has never consistently shown. If our list is better at the end of the trade period than the start and gives me more chance to see us win more games of footy that is all I care about.

Are beams and lumumba close and If the former is part of the later leaving will It cause friction.

While any player could be traded trenners has been loyal as others have said.

At a guess.....

We're playing everyone off against there own bluffs.

We arent just rattling trees we're running amok with a D9

This goes beyond proactive, its positively inspired.

Bugger the popcorn..... wheres the cheeses and Port !!!

Sounds like you've had a few ports already ;)

3 and JT for Sloane and Lyon?

A whole different set of doors just opened