Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

We should have already had him (or the Smith's) but we made the recruiting blunder of the century by picking up Cook. That [censored] Prendergast should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute with his drafting.

We should have had Lynch over Cook.

disagree, Clark has had One injury, but a serious one for any footballer... soft tissue complications after lack of work during the layoff. Clark can rag-doll other teams when onsong. up forward, or in the ruck.

Lamumba is a good ordinary running half back flanker. handy but doesn't rag doll opposition teams. At 27 yrs of age, only 6 months between them both, Lamumba won't get better but is getting distracted from his footy over the last 12 months. has he achieved enough???

Apart from the one long-term injury, Clark has been on the park. Its just that this one injury has been an Epic.

Lamumba has been more interested on other issues than Footy, & the Pies are trying to discard him, as they have many over the last couple of years ??? They have been into Danger quietly, & all of a sudden they want Beams to go Nth, so they can afford Dangerfields.

E 'D is into a quick major reVamp at Pies, and wants any with sharp edges gone... maybe worried about future competition for sponsors if things get even tighter.

6 of his 9 years at AFL level he has been injury prone. Lumumba has never been injured and played more than 100 games than Clark.

Who are Collingwood going to give to get Dangerfield?

We should have had Lynch over Cook.

Lynch was pick 11, just before Cook at 12.

Why is Lumumba past his best but Clark isn't considering they are the same age and Clark has hardly played for 3 years?

I think it would be a fair straight swap. At least Lumumba has a proven record of staying on the park unlike Clark.

And looks like he has integrity unlike Clark it seems.

Another not NQR to add to our list.

Roos is trying to find player upgrades that we can afford and get and those that will play the role he wants, how many would have criticized his drafting of NQR players at Sydney. We are not going to move up just on the drafting of a couple of gun players we need to improve all over the ground and upgrade to better players as best we can. Some will be short term that will need to be replaced in a couple of years but they help move us forward next year.

• Like 1

We should have already had him (or the Smith's) but we made the recruiting blunder of the century by picking up Cook. That [censored] Prendergast should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute with his drafting.

I don't know Cook or anyone that does no Cook, so the follwing is mixture of internet rumours that I have been sucked into.

Was a sound pick on the factors known at the time of his selection.

Previous rumours indicated post draft that he had potential but no application (to building is physique and skills), as he only did the compulsory work and then not with the intensity required. Was more interested in attending the club only when necessary and enjoyed being a comparatively well paid kid to his peers that allowed to him to access the indulgences of 19 year old party boys.

This coupled with the other rumour that he was on 2 strikes and third was only a matter of when not if, meant it was time to cut the losses.

6 of his 9 years at AFL level he has been injury prone. Lumumba has never been injured and played more than 100 games than Clark.

Who are Collingwood going to give to get Dangerfield?

this is why Clark has being driving all around, talking to many top clubs, & lamumba is just mozying around a couple of clubs in melbourne. the "in-demand" shows the value to other sides.

this is the basis of my argument. no problems with Lamumba in red & blue, I would like that. but for us not to screwed by E 'D again after his failed Dawes/QLynch deals. Clark should get us a good market Value taking into account his recent injury.

He would be worth an end of 1stRnd pick to clubs planning for a top 6 place in 2015...

this is why Clark has being driving all around, talking to many top clubs, & lamumba is just mozying around a couple of clubs in melbourne. the "in-demand" shows the value to other sides.

this is the basis of my argument. no problems with Lamumba in red & blue, I would like that. but for us not to screwed by E 'D again after his failed Dawes/QLynch deals. Clark should get us a good market Value taking into account his recent injury.

He would be worth an end of 1stRnd pick to clubs planning for a top 6 place in 2015...

Clark may be worth that but nobody will pay that, he is a big risk and no club will pay a 1st rounder on the hope he eventually returns to top form.

The reason clubs are talking to him is they think he is gettable for next to nothing which dilutes that risk, if he successfully returns great, if he doesn't it hasn't cost them anything.

A trade for Lamumba is probably as much as we can expect to get.

• Like 2

I don't know Cook or anyone that does no Cook, so the follwing is mixture of internet rumours that I have been sucked into.

Was a sound pick on the factors known at the time of his selection.

Previous rumours indicated post draft that he had potential but no application (to building is physique and skills), as he only did the compulsory work and then not with the intensity required. Was more interested in attending the club only when necessary and enjoyed being a comparatively well paid kid to his peers that allowed to him to access the indulgences of 19 year old party boys.

This coupled with the other rumour that he was on 2 strikes and third was only a matter of when not if, meant it was time to cut the losses.

Nah I reckon he was just crap and a shocking mistake of a pick. That ain't no rumour but a fact.

• Like 3

Clark may be worth that but nobody will pay that, he is a big risk and no club will pay a 1st rounder on the hope he eventually returns to top form.

The reason clubs are talking to him is they think he is gettable for next to nothing which dilutes that risk, if he successfully returns great, if he doesn't it hasn't cost them anything.

A trade for Lamumba is probably as much as we can expect to get.

don't ask, don't receive. so is he a risk of shagging his next captains girl???

Nah I reckon he was just crap and a shocking mistake of a pick. That ain't no rumour but a fact.

Agree.

My son watched him on an early training run and came out with the bold prediction that he was no good. He obviously knows more than a highly paid recruiter.

• Like 1

One of our worst efforts at the draft table. Highlights need to go for best available rather than trading for position weakness.

• Like 2

We were (and still are) crying out for running half back\wingman and we bypassed 3 of them in Atley, Brodie Smith and Isaac Smith for a skinny, slow third tall with mental problems. Amazingly stupid recruiting.

Agree.

My son watched him on an early training run and came out with the bold prediction that he was no good. He obviously knows more than a highly paid recruiter.

Wasn't hard to do as the kid apparently broke down emotionally after his first run with the club. Perhaps we should have sacked that recruiter then and there even though he'd done most of his damage in the role by then anyway.

Sydney fans want to trade out Hannerbury. Can't believe what I'm reading.

Well lets start or re open a thread.

He didn't have a great day today but wasn't on his own there. I'm sure the door would be slightly ajar down at MFC if he would like to step in.