Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

If we pull a good player in the PSD, I hope everyone will remember today.

Question for those with more knowledge, can a player nominate the PSD if he isn't in the ND?

If there was a player on an AFL list who could go in the PSD we would have heard about it by now. Unless there's another Jurrah out there we're unlikely to use it.

If thats the case and Frost wanted to go the MFC, why wouldnt he just nominate for the PSD only.

Because we wanted him to train with us for the extra month.

So he played 16 secret games this year ?

What difference does it make where a player was drafted ? That is a single point time and bear no reflection to their actual output - Fyfe was pick 20 and is arguably one of the best footballers in the league - Scully went no 1 and ewwwwwwww...

He only played due to injuries to David and Gilham. Where he was drafted doesn't matter, as you highlight it's the output that matters. He hasn't done anything of positive note in his time in the AFL, he had 11 goals kicked on him by J.Kennedy in round 8.

When are we going to hear the answers to GNF's riddles?

The super trades we missed out on all because of Trengove (major sarcasm if you can't tell)

If we'd done this yesterday we could've spent last night looking at options for picks 40 and 53.

Essendon got Giles for pick 51 or thereabouts didn't they? I mean, come on... even Merrett would've been a great get with pick 40.

I for one, think we've done OK this trading period - we couldn't get the 'superstar mid' but rarely do they move anyway (I know some went home).

We've replaced Frawley, got a rebounding defender in that should mean Howe goes forward again plus a small crumbing speedster, and got picks 2 & 3 and Stretch.

The trade period should never be the magic 'fix' everyone wants, smart clubs use it to fill gaps and then develop what they've got/draft.

Longtime, first time.

Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland
Jack Grimes, Sam Frost, Lynden Dunn
Bernie Vince, Jack Viney, Heriter Lumumba
Jeff Gartlett, Chris Dawes, Jack Watts
Dean Kent, Jesse Hogan, Jeremy Howe
Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson
Christian Salem, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Max Gawn, Angus Brayshaw

• Like 1

If Nathan Jones is happy im happy!

Nathan Jones ‏@nathan2jones 18h18 hours ago

Get around the new demons @lefrost48, Heritier Lumumba, Jeff Garlett & @billyjstretch! I'm excited by these great additions, big preseason

If Nathan Jones signs a 5 year deal now, I'm happy.

• Like 4

So he played 16 secret games this year ?

What difference does it make where a player was drafted ? That is a single point time and bear no reflection to their actual output - Fyfe was pick 20 and is arguably one of the best footballers in the league - Scully went no 1 and ewwwwwwww...

Dean Cox was a rookie draftee. Imagine what we would have paid for him if we could have got him in his 3rd year.

• Like 1

ROUND 21, 2014: Melbourne vs GWS

Final Score: 3.16.34 - 15.8.98

Jeremy Howe, Lynden Dunn, Daniel Cross

Bernie Vince, Jack Watts, Matt Jones

Dom Barry, James Frawley, Jack Viney

Dean Kent, Chris Dawes, Max Gawn

Christian Salem, Viv Michie, Jack Grimes, Aidan Riley

So we've traded out a grand total of.... ZERO players from the most embarrassing loss we've had since 186. Fantastic stuff.

Who would you have traded out and what were you hoping to get in exchange?

Longtime, first time.

No love for Daniel Cross?

Longtime, first time.

Wow! Looks good on paper...

Who would you have traded out and what were you hoping to get in exchange?

Howe, Watts, Grimes in a heartbeat, for anything between 5 and 25. And if we believe the so called insiders, that gets the magical pick we required to convince Adelaide to let Danger go.

Of course, that seems like rubbish now.

I think you are missing the point, Mahoney was saying Saints had an interest in trading for Frost and they had a slightly better pick. They have confirmed that. They weren't saying they would take him in the PSD, as they knew and we knew, they were taking Membrey.

In other words if they did the deal with GWS for say 21, we would have lost him and then they would have got Membrey as well. They need a big defender more than us actually.

That is why we jumped and also because he could train now and we then have first live pick in the PSD.

Maybe we needed a fall back plan ie a sauce Merritt to say well go ahead take him we'll look at this bloke instead and maybe we did but think Frosty is still a better proposition. Again history will tell our story here.

Could we have got him for free? Yes. Will they be of equal or greater value? Yes.

He was last in the KPD line at GWS. The only reason he got games was injuries to Gilham(11 games out injured) and Davis(14 games out injured).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he the one who had 10 goals kicked on him by both J.Kennedy and J.Riewoldt this year?

What were the winning margains in those games? A team of kids got beat up on by more experienced opponents? If the coaching panel didn't think he had potential they wouldn't have drafted him.

If we'd done this yesterday we could've spent last night looking at options for picks 40 and 53.

Essendon got Giles for pick 51 or thereabouts didn't they? I mean, come on... even Merrett would've been a great get with pick 40.

you really need to apply for Taylor, Mahoney and Viney's job - you weren't happy that we weren't trading, you aren't happy that we did a trade. You obviously think it is as easy as asking players to come to our club - contracted or not and its a done deal. Apply at the club - they could use your help.

So many experts here who seem to know exactly went on and would have done better. Dunno why we employ anyone, just ask other teams to read Demonland, obey and cough up their best players for a pick or two.

If you build up your expectations unrealistically (with or without riddles) you are bound to be disappointed.

• Like 3

Howe, Watts, Grimes in a heartbeat, for anything between 5 and 25. And if we believe the so called insiders, that gets the magical pick we required to convince Adelaide to let Danger go.

Of course, that seems like rubbish now.

OK good start. Bad news I'm afraid Lamashtu - no interest from any club with the picks you are after. Now what?

Longtime, first time.

No Cross or Toumpas?

Longtime, first time.

Hmmm as someone above mentioned, I would have thought that Cross would get a spot. Not convinced that Frost is a walk up start for next year either... hopefully he is though.

Also is it just me, or does the most vulnerable player at the moment out of that team look like Grimes... I know Salem, JKH and Brayshaw are likely to be fighting for a couple of places between them, but I really hope Grimes was carrying some sort of niggle, because I didn't rate his season last year at all.

I think you are missing the point, Mahoney was saying Saints had an interest in trading for Frost and they had a slightly better pick. They have confirmed that. They weren't saying they would take him in the PSD, as they knew and we knew, they were taking Membrey.

In other words if they did the deal with GWS for say 21, we would have lost him and then they would have got Membrey as well. They need a big defender more than us actually.

That is why we jumped and also because he could train now and we then have first live pick in the PSD.

More and more people should read this if they think we paid overs.

But I get the feeling the hand wringing will continue about paying overs, because they need to vent.

• Like 3