Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

So much for Roos being the master list builder. To date he has lost our number 1 forward and number 1 defender, and the best he might be able to do in return is Lumumba and Garlett, both unwanted by their current clubs. Perhaps he should cancel his holiday and work on bringing some established midfielders to the club.

The two win season we are heading for next year will be fun to watch.

Bad day at work?

So much for Roos being the master list builder. To date he has lost our number 1 forward and number 1 defender, and the best he might be able to do in return is Lumumba and Garlett, both unwanted by their current clubs. Perhaps he should cancel his holiday and work on bringing some established midfielders to the club.

Ohhhh dear.....

It's also possible that Frawley and Clark weren't wanted by this club on the terms proposed by those players.

Relevantly, Clark and Garlett also seemed to attract interest from other clubs, as did Goodwin (albeit not as a player), and they selected us, I expect principally because of Roos.

Allen Christensen purported to be on the move North to Qld.

Can't remember an off season where so many contracted players have wanted to walk from their clubs.

sorry about running over your dog.

• Like 3

Allen Christensen purported to be on the move North to Qld.

Can't remember an off season where so many contracted players have wanted to walk from their clubs.

Raises the question, do we even need free agency?

This !

Elliot Kavanagh was very heavily rated by Essendon in the draft and he has some real talent. He is the kind of player that I think that Roos could get to play a role in the midfield, but he would need some development.

Elliot Kavanagh was very heavily rated by Essendon in the draft and he has some real talent. He is the kind of player that I think that Roos could get to play a role in the midfield, but he would need some development.

Can run and can kick, if the interchange cap drops to 80 in the near future could be a very handy acquisition.

that said, 3rd round picks dont grow on trees and we are too heavily invested into Lumumba that if we got one we would be using it already

Wow, Billy and Elliot....Reggie Dwight may sign on as a member!

Kavanagh has serious mental weakness

They would want Jones and Tyson for him, it is Essendon.

• Like 1

Hearing Dogs are floating Cooney..

If they offered Cooney + # 6 for our # 2 (in the knowledge they'll take McCartin or Wright), would you do it?

No, Cooney's got a couple years left max.

• Like 1

Haha, just about unanimous so far, let me play devils advocate.

Its been said before by someone on DL that winning is just as important as talent in creating a culture. He really didn't have too bad a year last year. Him running around with Jones and co will definitely boost our midfield and what's more, we can still take Brayshaw and a quality youngster at # 6. He would also help to educate some of the younger fellas before he moves on.

I just ran into a Melbourne person who is employed at the club, know him very well, there is nothing happening behind the scenes. Players we targeted have not wanted to move, and at this stage a sit stands, we are taking 2 & 3 to the draft. He did say, there are still 5 days to go, but its all very quiet at the moment.

Just passing on.

Definitely not the worst news I have heard as surely we are due to nail a top end pick this time.

Best two mids for me, Petracca and Brayshaw. Surely one of the two will become a quality player (I remember writing the same about Sculldog/Trenners).

Can't see the interest in McCartin at all from what I have, just looks like an ok to good key forward. Nothing spectacular. Also, I'm not massive on spending high picks on talls as they are definitely riskier.

I'd rather us having the best mids in the country at the dees and then see which key fowards are decent down the track in which we can poach instead of once again running the gauntlet in the draft

• Like 1

While I think we can get Garlett for a late pick or maybe a Blease swap if Blues want him, I am a bit concerned on doing the Frost deal.

GWS could be holding out to see if we upset their chance of getting pick 1.

Also they may want our 2 nd rounder as we have lost our 3rd rounder for Billy.

It would be good if we could get enough from our only asset on the table MC, to do both the HL deal and the Frost deal.

That way they are put to bed and we get the 3 blokes named as wanting to come to us. We can then hopefully get involved in some more deals.

Keeping 2 and 3 won't make me unhappy.

• Like 1

While I think we can get Garlett for a late pick or maybe a Blease swap if Blues want him, I am a bit concerned on doing the Frost deal.

GWS could be holding out to see if we upset their chance of getting pick 1.

Also they may want our 2 nd rounder as we have lost our 3rd rounder for Billy.

It would be good if we could get enough from our only asset on the table MC, to do both the HL deal and the Frost deal.

That way they are put to bed and we get the 3 blokes named as wanting to come to us. We can then hopefully get involved in some more deals.

Keeping 2 and 3 won't make me unhappy.

Hopefully Geelong's second and third rounders come to us. That's Lamumba and Frost trades done. Frost has played 12 games, we aren't giving our second rounder for him unless it's packaged with another player (Giles?)