WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - HERITIER LUMUMBA

Moonshadow

Some of the early comments in this thread are as bad as you see on Facebook and Twitter.

Oh no, a young man doing well for himself that actually believes in things and has morals... Must be a sook or a [censored] then.

• Like 4

Some of the early comments in this thread are as bad as you see on Facebook and Twitter.

Oh no, a young man doing well for himself that actually believes in things and has morals... Must be a sook or a [censored] then.

Yep!

A straight swap is more than fair. If we have to provide a sweetener we will be getting robbed. It's not even playing hard ball. It's just calling for fairness.

Straight swap. Done.

He hasn't even agreed to come.

If I were him, I would be going to NM and trying to do some damage off their half back flank.

And Clark's worth is less than HL's I know that - the guy is crocked. But Clark is a much better player, and a huge investment.

The situation stinks.

A straight swap is more than fair. If we have to provide a sweetener we will be getting robbed. It's not even playing hard ball. It's just calling for fairness.

Straight swap. Done.

Reckon you're pretty close to being right on the money here P-man. I'm only making an assumption here but I'm guessing the club would be pretty [censored] off with how Clark has handled everything and would be looking to move him on sooner rather than later during trade week. If Lumumba is happy to come to us, which I get the feeling he is, then a straight swap gets it sorted and we move on to getting ready to boo the [censored] out of him on QB.

• Like 1

He hasn't even agreed to come.

If I were him, I would be going to NM and trying to do some damage off their half back flank.

And Clark's worth is less than HL's I know that - the guy is crocked. But Clark is a much better player, and a huge investment.

The situation stinks.

But you're not him, so keep quiet about NM.... :)

• Like 1

A lot will simply come down to who can deal best with the filth. What sort of trade/pick currency would Scott be prepared to ante up?

I think Harry would get on with Roos. It might carry some weight.

A lot will simply come down to who can deal best with the filth. What sort of trade/pick currency would Scott be prepared to ante up?

I think Harry would get on with Roos. It might carry some weight.

Exactly. If the Pies are dead keen on Clark, which they seem to be, I can't see North trumping that deal.

Just need to hope we can convince him better than North can.

Exactly. If the Pies are dead keen on Clark, which they seem to be, I can't see North trumping that deal.

Just need to hope we can convince him better than North can.

He'd be much more certain of playing AFL with us than with NM. Hard to see what he'd add to them.

Saturday showed once again that games (and premierships for that matter) are won in the midfield and down the spine. Even the best half back flanker (and Lumumba is a long way from that) will rarely influence the result of a game, and certainly will not bring us any closer to being a decent side. Malceski was close to Sydney's best, and he had zero impact from his flank.

We need to build a core group of the calibre of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Roughead, Gibson, etc. If that means throwing everything at guys like Dangerfield, that is fine by me. But, unless they are prepared to come through the PSD for nothing, wasting our time on players like Lumumba and Malceski is ensuring that we remain mediocre for the forseeable future.

Saturday showed once again that games (and premierships for that matter) are won in the midfield and down the spine. Even the best half back flanker (and Lumumba is a long way from that) will rarely influence the result of a game, and certainly will not bring us any closer to being a decent side. Malceski was close to Sydney's best, and he had zero impact from his flank.

We need to build a core group of the calibre of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Roughead, Gibson, etc. If that means throwing everything at guys like Dangerfield, that is fine by me. But, unless they are prepared to come through the PSD for nothing, wasting our time on players like Lumumba and Malceski is ensuring that we remain mediocre for the forseeable future.

Wasting our time on Malceski.......... I think the 2012 GF when Malceski and Shaw dominated from the back completely debunks your theory.

Saturday was one game. Obviously the mids are vital, but run and creativity from the back are equally as important.

• Like 1

The way I see it is that the MFC has to get stronger on every line, not just the midfield although there is a weakness there in our depth and quality to be sure.

I actually don't think we will have to give up a lot for HL, possibly less if it involves Clark. So if he can strengthen our half back, or move to a wing like some have suggested, I don't see this as a bad thing.

• Like 5

If the reports were true then he is a sook, I have morals but also can understand the difference between a blatant attack on someone based on race/religion//sexuality and an in house joke between worknates.

The way I see it is that the MFC has to get stronger on every line, not just the midfield although there is a weakness there in our depth and quality to be sure.

I actually don't think we will have to give up a lot for HL, possibly less if it involves Clark. So if he can strengthen our half back, or move to a wing like some have suggested, I don't see this as a bad thing.

Id agree . Obviously the priority is to beef and build up the midfield but we arent consolidated anywhere on the pitch really. A relatively cheap Harry off the hb does actually provide for some run and carry in the midfield also Id have thought.. A bonus , not the goal , so to speak.

• Like 1

Id agree . Obviously the priority is to beef and build up the midfield but we arent consolidated anywhere on the pitch really. A relatively cheap Harry off the hb does actually provide for some run and carry in the midfield also Id have thought.. A bonus , not the goal , so to speak.

Agree. All depends on price for me.

• Like 4

His manager just said he would be a great fit with a coach like Roos due to his personable coaching, but that there are "lots of clubs interested that are further up the ladder."

What a wonderful world the AFL has become. Anyone who denies this is already a two tiered system is kidding themselves. The same 6 of 8 clubs will make up the finals every single year from here on. There will be maybe one or two Port Adelaide success stories every few years if sheer luck is on their side.

• Like 3

His manager just said he would be a great fit with a coach like Roos due to his personable coaching, but that there are "lots of clubs interested that are further up the ladder."

What a wonderful world the AFL has become. Anyone who denies this is already a two tiered system is kidding themselves. The same 6 of 8 clubs will make up the finals every single year from here on. There will be maybe one or two Port Adelaide success stories every few years if sheer luck is on their side.

That covers it

Managers are simply trying to get a bigger salary for their clients so of course they are going to say there is interest from a lot of clubs.

If the reports were true then he is a sook, I have morals but also can understand the difference between a blatant attack on someone based on race/religion//sexuality and an in house joke between worknates.

I wouldn't believe much out of Collingwood atm, I have a few connections with the club and all have said that the coaches personnel management skills need work - it's a 'my way or the highway scenario' and players are choosing to take the highway.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-09-29/lumumba-a-good-fit-for-dees-says-manager

It's up on the MFC website, not sure what that indicates however.

I wouldn't believe much out of Collingwood atm, I have a few connections with the club and all have said that the coaches personnel management skills need work - it's a 'my way or the highway scenario' and players are choosing to take the highway.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-09-29/lumumba-a-good-fit-for-dees-says-manager

It's up on the MFC website, not sure what that indicates however.

...indicates that his manager is talking him up so that he can get a better trade for Collingwood out of Melbourne! Call me a cynic....

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

...indicates that his manager is talking him up so that he can get a better trade for Collingwood out of Melbourne! Call me a cynic....

That suggests you think that Paul Connor actually cares what Collingwood gets out of the trade. Connor is concerned with two things:

1. Getting the best contractual arrangement for his player. Doubt that factors in the club that the player is leaving.

2. Ensuring that the player goes to the club of his choice, or at least to a club that the player is willing to join. There is a tenuous link between this and the needs of Collingwood.

His job is not to care about what happens to Collingwood. That is what the list managers, Eddie and co are there to worry about, just like our guys are looking after our interests.

• Like 1

Sounds like he is a lock for us.

I said earlier in the thread i didnt want him but i was being a bit silly in those posts as they wre just basd on his perceived personality flaws and how that would fit in the locker room

Would be great to have him coming off half back for the Demons and would be a massive upgrade on what we have now

Was surprised to see hes still only 27 too

• Like 1

That suggests you think that Paul Connor actually cares what Collingwood gets out of the trade. Connor is concerned with two things:

1. Getting the best contractual arrangement for his player. Doubt that factors in the club that the player is leaving.

2. Ensuring that the player goes to the club of his choice, or at least to a club that the player is willing to join. There is a tenuous link between this and the needs of Collingwood.

His job is not to care about what happens to Collingwood. That is what the list managers, Eddie and co are there to worry about, just like our guys are looking after our interests.

I was being facetious!! Nonetheless, Collingwood will accept the highest bid so the manager has a keen interest in getting a higher trade position.

BTW...his manager is Ben Niall not Paul Connors.