GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

At the risk of coming across like Picket Fence and posting a song no one gives a [censored] about, this little ditty by Tool sums up this whole Clark saga for me.

Suck and suck.

Suckin' up all you can suckin' up all you can suck.

Workin' up under my patience like a little tick.

Fat little parasite.

Suck me dry.

My blood is bruised and borrowed.

You thieving bastards.

You have turned my blood cold and bitter,

Beat my compassion black and blue.

Touching!

Who came up with that serenade?

It's very fitting

No matter how hard I try, the thought of MC playing for another team makes me feel ill. I really hoped and dreamed he'd be back.

I cannot understand after everything our club has done for him, how he doesn't want to repay the faith and support given.

• Like 2

if he goes to geelong or hawthorn i can handle that, if he went to the pies I could deal with it but if he goes to essendon then I would wish his foot injuries would come back and Id be so mad. plus it would be nice if he explained why he couldnt come back to melbourne. I sort of understand. I mean you wouldnt go back to the same place where mental illness occured.

No matter how hard I try, the thought of MC playing for another team makes me feel ill. I really hoped and dreamed he'd be back.

I cannot understand after everything our club has done for him, how he doesn't want to repay the faith and support given.

Doesn't seem right... My guess is there are more underlying issues... Maybe Roos has told him best if he leaves the club.... Let's face it long term if the club can secure another player eg Harry O or a draft pick rather than risking MC bombing out in 6mths & getting nothing....Roos & Co are wanting to set a new culture don't need any passengers... No disrespect to MC illness...

I think it's an excellent thing that he's speaking to a number of clubs like this. It gives us some semblance of bargaining power. If we can get a bit of a bidding war going between the Hawks, Cats and Pies then we stand a shot of getting a decent return, although not what we've spent on him by any stretch. As someone mentioned a few pages back, the absolute best would be if he were to name several clubs he would be happy to go to and let us deal as we see fit.

• Like 1

Mitch is an elite talent and as such other clubs will inevitably be interested in securing his services. It is in our interest that there are multiple clubs interested and that Mitch factors in the compensation MFC will receive when choosing his preferred club.

I hold no beef with Mitch. In many ways the more we understand about mental health issues the less we understand.

Mitch is an elite talent and as such other clubs will inevitably be interested in securing his services. It is in our interest that there are multiple clubs interested and that Mitch factors in the compensation MFC will receive when choosing his preferred club.

I hold no beef with Mitch. In many ways the more we understand about mental health issues the less we understand.

Mitch is doing things for Mitch and he will factor in compensation for Mitch. What MFC receive will be neither here nor there and definitely not hold up any deal. And MFC's marginalised position here has got little to do with mental health issues.

• Like 2

Geelong really have no shame and love treating our club like a carcass. I expect to see Nathan Jones and Dom Tyson finishing their careers there at this rate.

Geelong are fading. Hawthorn are the team we should be worried about.

Cant' help it, it has all been said before but when I read all the posts about this guy, well, it just destroys my faith in human nature. Going back a little, he did very well with Brisbane. For 'family reasons' was heading back to the west, the MFC offers him big bucks, he jumps at it, OK gets a soft tissue injury, takes time to sort out, comes down with depression, recovers, is getting offered more big bucks to play with a more successful club and will no doubt take an offer.

How many people have we all known, friends, family that have not had their battles to fight, mental, physical etc?

He is an unworthy person, no more no less, it just sickens me.

Apologies for the rant, whatever

• Like 5

it took a moment to realise, but now I know why the Geelong article really bugged me.

Talking about how Mitch would be a great fit at Geelong, providing forward support for Hawkins.

Same thing said about why Collingwood are so interested in him.

But in all that. There is no club, no club at all, in more need of a key forward than the Melbourne Demons.

It is why we paid so much to secure him, it is why he was so important.

Mitch Clark was Melbourne's most important player, structurally even more vital than our captain.

Now we're talking about him walking off in a straight swap for an inconsistent half-back flanker or a mid/late second round pick.

Stinks.

• Like 12

To those suggesting that Roos has told Clark that he doesn't really fit in our plans, I would ask why Clark and his manager keep peddling the line about getting the best compensation that they can for the club? The two don't really add up.

It's probably just their way of trying not to look like complete and utter wankers.

It's not working if that's the case.

• Like 6

Just p155 0ff Clark. You are a lying, untrustworthy piece of work and are so succeptible to injury that any club who dares to get you can suffer accordingly. It will give me great pleasure to give you a hard time verbally when you front against us. Depression,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my arse. You are simply a money hungry turd!

• Like 1

it took a moment to realise, but now I know why the Geelong article really bugged me.

Talking about how Mitch would be a great fit at Geelong, providing forward support for Hawkins.

Same thing said about why Collingwood are so interested in him.

But in all that. There is no club, no club at all, in more need of a key forward than the Melbourne Demons.

It is why we paid so much to secure him, it is why he was so important.

Mitch Clark was Melbourne's most important player, structurally even more vital than our captain.

Now we're talking about him walking off in a straight swap for an inconsistent half-back flanker or a mid/late second round pick.

Stinks.

Go complain to the AFL, they don't give a rat's.

Danger's quote says it all "I won't go to a bottom 6 club".

Go complain to the AFL, they don't give a rat's.

Danger's quote says it all "I won't go to a bottom 6 club".

well he wont want to go to Collingwood then will he !! ^_^

• Like 1

I think it's an excellent thing that he's speaking to a number of clubs like this. It gives us some semblance of bargaining power. If we can get a bit of a bidding war going between the Hawks, Cats and Pies then we stand a shot of getting a decent return, although not what we've spent on him by any stretch. As someone mentioned a few pages back, the absolute best would be if he were to name several clubs he would be happy to go to and let us deal as we see fit.

He will name one club, in the same selfish fashion he has consistently shown, and we will get screwed over.

It's probably just their way of trying not to look like complete and utter wankers.

It's not working if that's the case.

I understand why they are doing it, the point is that being told you are not wanted would not naturally proceed this. That is why I am questioning those who are suggesting that this is what Roos has done.