Changes vs North

What

I know everyone i very excited about this game, and the chance to finish the season by burying two hoodoos at the same time

In - Aiden Riley, JKH, Jimmy Toumpas

Out - Mark Jamar, Colin Garland, Matt Jones

It wont happen but I'd also drop Watts and I'm sure Roos would too if he didnt have perceived trade value to worry about

10-goal loss. Easily.

Not sure I can get the drive to go. The past 10 weeks have been dead awful, excluding the Essendon game, and even then the first half was deplorable.

I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen the last two games, but I would like to see the most attacking team possible named. I want to see Blease, JKH, Riley, Toumpas and even Strauss given a game.

Really change and mix things up and try something new just to see if they can score freely. The only problem is Melbourne would be accused of tanking.

• Like 3

The worst part will be if some player in the gun to be delisted/traded,gets a game and kicks 6.

Oh the headaches.

• Like 1

The worst part will be if some player in the gun to be delisted/traded,gets a game and kicks 6.

Oh the headaches.

If he's going to get traded, VALUE! If he's going to be delisted, I'd imagine minds will be already made up.

I didn't watch the match and haven't really tried to see a replay (why would I?) but I'd definitely look at getting Riley and JKH back in there, they both are a part of the future and played good games on the weekend for Casey. Salem was again the sub, I think he should finish the year with a full game, whether that's VFL or AFL I'm not sure.

Remember the years when bottom sides actually found an extra gear for the last game, when all that was on the line was pride? Both teams can't shift from their position (unless we get into record winning margins), can't we just for once show some heart, some desire, just something?! I get really annoyed when I read that our players are "tired", well there are 8 teams that are going to be playing at least an extra week and they don't seem tired. Richmond had a woeful first half but they are finishing with a flurry, there's no sense of being tired there.

The players aren't tired they have packed it in (again), but they have one more chance to give something. I don't even care if we lose, if the Kangas have multiple players with concussions due to bumps and tackles I'll be happy. Bait them into stupid situations of suspension. Make Brad Scott sook again! Give the fans a bloody reason to come back for more next year!

• Like 1

In all honesty is there anyone who cares.

There is no one in the reserves who we can even play to see if they have anything to offer.

Cannot get the season over soon enough for me and get to the list changes.

That is what is going to improve 2015 nothing that happens this weekend will make any difference.

Some of the players don't seem to care by the way they play so why the hell should I??

Yet another season I am looking forward to seeing the end of.

That's 8 years in a row.

Yet again the off season will be more exciting than the season itself.

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 3

I don't really care any more, but the biggest statement Roos could make would be to drop Jamar - 2 kicks & 1 mark on the weekend, and precious little more in recent weeks. If Frawley is going, we may as well make a statement and drop him too - I really can't see our compensation being affected.

I can't see Roosy forsaking any of his senior players now so I'm sure Watts, Frawley etc will survive the final cull of the season before the real cull post-season.

We always get smashed by North's tough players, so I would hope that both Riley and McKenzie come back in (yes I know their disposal isn't great, but I'd rather have intensity than woosiness).

JKH is our only true crummer, so I'd get him back in as well.

Matt Jones, Garland (injured) and one of the bigs (given it's a night game, it's probably not that wise to play four ruckmen!) should be the third omission.

As I've said every week for five weeks now, given Roosy does not want to make a media issue over dropping Watts, it might be nice if he made him the sub - that way it gets lost in all the talk about the game and Roosy can play it down post-match by saying some babble like we wanted a bit of spark off the bench.

Love Salem to play down back so we can actually see what he can do with the ball without the pressure of being a small forward. And as I've said before, every side in the comp except us has at least one left-footer in their back six - might partially explain why our guys miss targets coming up the left-side.

I don't have fox and couldn't bring myself to watch the AFL replay on the net yesterday so missed it.

Can anyone tell me if Garland has done his ACL? Is it a foregone conclusion or are we waiting for confirmation?

• Like 1

I don't have fox and couldn't bring myself to watch the AFL replay on the net yesterday so missed it.

Can anyone tell me if Garland has done his ACL? Is it a foregone conclusion or are we waiting for confirmation?

Didn't look like an ACL, he was proppy for most of the game after it looked like he hyper-extended it in the 1st quarter. He did try and play on and they even threw him forward but was obviously no good.

There'd be no way he'll play him this week, and hopefully he'd avoid the knife for it as well and gets a decent preseason.

• Like 1

Out - Garland ...injured, Jamar

In - Riley, Jkh

Jetta Mcdonald Dunn

Howe Frawley M Jones

Michie Viney Vince

Bail Pedersen Salem

Jkh Fitz Dawes

Gawn Tyson Jones

Int. Cross Riley Kent

Sub. Watts

spirit I am struggling with the fascination that Riley seems to inspire in some on here.

I have watched him quite a bit.

He was not getting more than the occasional game in Adelaide, delisted and then we picked him up.

I saw his first Casey game and thought he was a VFL player at best.

His AFL games have been struggling affairs , he has poor decision making and average disposal on his good days IMO.

He is IMO not much above VFL level if at all.

Out: Dawes, Garland, Viney

In: Blease, Strauss, Nicholson

Get Dawes out and hopefully he can do a full pre-season, Garland and Viney the same.

Bring these three in for their last games for our club, hopefully Blease has a ripping game and we can suck a club into giving us overs for him.

Riley at least brings in the right attitude and attacks the ball and the opposition, yes he may turn it over, but then I still think he is better than some of the spuds we have played who dont tackle, dont chase and dont have the right attitude and who still turn the ball over when they get it. Riley is still getting used to the team and AFL football so he is worth persevering with.