Jack Watts Keep or Trade ?? The Poll

beelzebub

Trade or Keep  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even by Demonland standards, some of the carp on this thread is ridiculous.

Many of the posters bagging Watts here are bagging Riley on the next thread for having poor disposal, despite being as hard as a cat's head.

Another tip - we're never going to have 22 Patrick Dangerfields on the team sheet each week.

Even by Demonland standards, some of the carp on this thread is ridiculous.

Many of the posters bagging Watts here are bagging Riley on the next thread for having poor disposal, despite being as hard as a cat's head.

Another tip - we're never going to have 22 Patrick Dangerfields on the team sheet each week.

wouldnt mind 1 though !!

• Like 1

Not me MFC or nothing .

But the red and blue has been lead in our saddle bags for half a century achieved buggar all.

Fling the losing elements.

'losing elements' isn't the club, its the people been around it that don't have what it takes. over mostly 50 years anyway, excepting a couple of regimes. 81-93ish

Its those who have tried to run the club who have stuffed it. decades of boards flapping wings, feathers & choppers all about, & zilch... in fact they've taken us backwards as a group.

nothing to do with the jumper, but a lot to do with the mentality & culture of those who ran the place.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

'losing elements' isn't the club, its the people been around it that don't have what it takes. over mostly 50 years anyway, excepting a couple of regimes. 81-93ish

Its those who have tried to run the club who have stuffed it. decades of boards flapping wings, feathers & choppers all about, & zilch... in fact they've taken us backwards as a group.

nothing to do with the jumper, but a lot to do with the mentality & culture of those who ran the place.

I know dee-luded it was all a small joke.

dc and I have a little friendly banter about the "clash " jumper etc.

Stay calm

Stay calm

Am waiting for the inevitable... thread #zillion "Dees need a new clash jumper" we do...but we could probably edit all the other ones !! lol

Meanwhile back to this Jack fellow. I wonder how he ,indeed a number of current, for the moment, players will go this Sat evening, being possibly a last outing as a Dee ?

Am waiting for the inevitable... thread #zillion "Dees need a new clash jumper" we do...but we could probably edit all the other ones !! lol

Meanwhile back to this Jack fellow. I wonder how he ,indeed a number of current, for the moment, players will go this Sat evening, being possibly a last outing as a Dee ?

I don't think it will make the slightest difference bb

In words similar to someone recently with the MFC

They are what they are!

Stay calm

no worries OD, I can't keep up with all the posts & threads... but remembered your distaste I think for the extra strips. I agree now, the AFL should dump the clash strip Idea altogether.

calm, my little mate has regressed this past week, calm is fleeting. :mellow:

take Watts money and some of Chips..and go kidnap a decent Mid. Make a huge difference I agree LC

• Like 1

Is reported ( so take it with a beach of salt ) that its unlikely that Waite will stay at Carlton. Did that just up the ante , or pique the interest from Mouse for Jackie ?? Just thinking aloud here.

Watts has achieved nothing except going number 1 and people still seem seduced by that number.

Sometimes recruiters get it wrong. In 2008 recruiters made a judgement error on a 17yr old playing school football. Yes he was widely considered a top 2 pick, as was Tambling. But hey, recruiting is nothing more than an educated guess.

Lets look at what Jack can offer as a tall fwd - he can't compete in contested marked (cue J.bennell). So when he plays as a tall the side has a marking target that can't make a contest.

Let's look at what he offers at half back - doesn't make contests, gets out bodied, won't apply defensive pressure. Fantastic skills if he has space but for one nice kick he will fail to impact contests. Many of his possessions are handballs back to a stationary player.

Let's look at Jack in the midfield. Can't apply pressure, almost never wins the footy, his height means he struggles to get in low over the ball and often skirts clumsily around the contest, losing his feet.

In short, Jack doesn't have a position on the AFL footy ground.

He is not the only poor player and definitely not the worst but he is a guy who has some trade value due to that big number 1.

He is not an AFL player. Has the body and the skills but just isn't a player. We can hope and dream but he is what he is - more proof that the big kid in high school footy won't always be able to take the next step

Funnily enough, Tambling had more influential games at Richmond than Watts has at Melbourne. Tambling had the unrealistic expectation of being up next to Franklin who Richmond passed on. Watts only has to compete with NicNat, really lol

Richmond got nothing for Tambling, evidently, neither did Adelaide, but Watts has trade value and if we throw in a 30-35 pick we could get a good player in return for him.

Alternatively, he's probably worth a pick in the 20-25 range outright.

Hold on Munga !!!!! Jack Watts did take a contested mark at centre half back against the bullies last year when they were on the charge and almost got us. In fact he aggressively demanded the ball in claiming the mark. If he's ever done anything similar before or since, I can't recall but he did do it once.

Hold on Munga !!!!! Jack Watts did take a contested mark at centre half back against the bullies last year when they were on the charge and almost got us. In fact he aggressively demanded the ball in claiming the mark. If he's ever done anything similar before or since, I can't recall but he did do it once.

Stop the press, I found a legitimate Watts contested mark

Stop the press, I found a legitimate Watts contested mark

Jack Watts' finest moment, and also the apex of our last seven years. It's been all downhill since then for this club and for him.

We've put the hard yards in. May as well keep him until he notches up the 100 game father son criteria, just in case. :P

Not sure he has the balls for that kind of stuff.

Too much?

Edited by Chook
  • Like 1

One mark does not a winter make

Edited by beelzebub