Jack Watts Keep or Trade ?? The Poll

beelzebub

Trade or Keep  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given Jack signed a contract with us last year (and many of us were having nasty thoughts about him because he didn't sign early enough for our liking) how many Clubs do you think will be willing to pick up the rather extravagent pay packet he is no doubt on?

We are going to either have to trade him for a second rounder and supplement his income at another club or we can trust Roos to work a way through the mess Jack is in.

At the moment almost every player, including Jack, expects to fail. The problem with missing 2m handballs, shots directly in front from just outside the goal square and falling over randomly is above the shoulders not due to skill. We can have the best pre-season ever but if the mental issues aren't addressed then we are doomed to fail again and again

• Like 1

this is what's really hard ta the moment. My 8 year old daughter is struggling to stay interested in the footy while the demons are so bad, that's ok, I'm a bit the same, but the one thing she loves is Jack Watts', if he went, I think she would lose all interest in footy.

Its not a reason to keep him, but it does hit home that Footy can still be emotional, and personal.

I Love Jack, i know he is great around the club. I loved that he signed on when he had every right to leave after his treatment. I'm really passionate about this, i want Jack to stay and i want him to contribute to our rise. I know most fans are fed up with him and his non competitiveness. I love when he has the ball in his hands, more than not he sets us up, does not waste it. Needs to be stronger, needs to be more urgent.

Im in the minority i know. But im loyal, i love him, he is a great bloke and i want him to be a demon for life and a good one at that.

You are not in the minority mate. Have a look at the posters who rubbish him. Not really many different ones just the same old knockers venting their spleen over and over again which of course they are entitled to do.

You are not in the minority mate. Have a look at the posters who rubbish him. Not really many different ones just the same old knockers venting their spleen over and over again which of course they are entitled to do.

You suggest we knock. Most of us are simply exasperated and fed up with this lads inability to deliver on his spasmodic indulgences. Maybe it is knocking. Explain why he should be exempt from it though. What gives ? He has some inexhaustible supply of get out of jail free' cards or something ?

This guy plays footy like a wet sock half the time and that's simply not good enough for this level nor is it good enough for this club.

He earns a considerable dollar .He can bloody well earn it for mine. Theres this silly notion amongst a fair few supporters that this thing footy is some kind of 'goodfellas' club. Its all buddy buddy schmoozy . Its a crock.

This is AFL footy. Its actually a business not a social venue. We're crapp at this business. And we are because some players play like crapp. Currently less some and more like most. But lets not hold players accountable....the poor darlings. Jack is far from alone but this thread is about Jack. There are other threads about other players.

I suppose one of the things that gets up my craw is the temerity of players to get all high minded and want to know "what the club is doing" and whether their future is here or there and at the same moment deliver [censored] for dinner. They , like many supporters it would seem have priorities arse about.

There are players at the club Watts could take a few good tips from in terms of how to conduct oneself on the playing field and if I thought they might have some rub off Id probably , like some , be inclined to persevere yet again , in the hope of him delivering . But despite these role models, despite some very good coaches, despite external mentoring he just comes at the game like a wet lettuce to a salad.

enough is enough and I think in the interests of all parties that Jack finds a new home, a fresh start and maybe a club where he can punce around and that's sufficient.

I would put it to all the apologists who decry us for knocking Jack that maybe the problem isnt that we knock, but that he continually serves up rubbish that is KNOCKABLE.

If there's nothing to complain about , complaints stop. Funny that!!

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 3

Just punch the F$%ken suitcase out of the big blouse until he gets some c#nt in him.

Guys in a circle, one ball, two men in , no rules.

There are other drills for [censored] as well.

I could sort out that kid.

Send him to the Gat for some survivor training.

The AFl is a yuppie hand bag fest of overpaid bogans anyway.

I'm about over the lot of it.

• Like 4

. I loved that he signed on when he had every right to leave after his treatment. I'm really passionate about this,

What treatment are you referring too???

What treatment are you referring too???

bank deposits ??

bobby it seems you just stand for more & more of the same.. thats 50 Yrs worth of sameness & counting.

it often takes rebellion to force change. just like the women & mothers finally did to bring about an end to our actions in the Vietnam war.

one thing IS for sure, change is needed, & our past Boards of half a Century have been impotent in bringing it. Because they were also a part of the problem, unwittingly.

• Like 1

"I have no doubt he's a great bloke unfortunately he's just not very good at football."

Dr, you just summed up our recruiting & teams of almost 40 years... anywon with any C()n$ about them, gets the heave Ho, or leaves.

were all mates at Melbourne

• Like 1

Dr, you just summed up our recruiting & teams of almost 40 years... anywon with any C()n$ about them, gets the heave Ho, or leaves.

were all mates at Melbourne

Not true,Biff and BBO are still here

In the voting options there was no good option to tick to explain why I voted 'keep unless a really good trade is offered'.

I voted that way not because he has been hard done by (he has, but that in itself is not sufficient), or can be reprogrammed (no idea), or is playing well. But because he is far from being on a list of our worst players. (I'd accept he may have a better trade value than some of them however.) His detractors say he is not hard at the contest etc, but some good clubs have a player who is like that - they play outside and have good skills like he does.

I see a lot of others ticked 'not applicable' and I wonder if it was for the same reason? Or because sadly in this modern era 'keep unless a really good trade is offered' is a position we'd take on almost every player bar some long serving hero.

• Like 2

What a sorry admission it would be to get rid of him

It would be an admission that we dont know how to get the best from the best

We have not and are not maximising him

Its not all his fault there ere other aspects of our game and our team which need to be adressed

I just hope Roos has got the answers.

Its not all his fault there ere other aspects of our game and our team which need to be adressed

He plays every single week.

He has been playing AFL for 6 seasons. There are plenty of recruits and players that have come to poor teams and played well. He is a downhill skier and is simply taking up space in a team that doesn't have the right cattle.

It's time to move on and trade him while he has (minimal) value.

• Like 4

This is where the view of many , to me , falls down. Hes not the best. He WAS a #1 draft pick but thats only a number and a supposition based upon obviously dubious criteria.

He is a skilled but very average footballer. No where near the best

The thing is I think we ARE maximising him and thats the problem.

No one wants anyone to take ANY responsibility for failure. Well when you cross that white line its all down to you ( the player). No one else is playing Jack Watts but Jack Watts.

• Like 4

This is where the view of many , to me , falls down. Hes not the best. He WAS a #1 draft pick but thats only a number and a supposition based upon obviously dubious criteria.

He is a skilled but very average footballer. No where near the best

The thing is I think we ARE maximising him and thats the problem.

No one wants anyone to take ANY responsibility for failure. Well when you cross that white line its all down to you ( the player). No one else is playing Jack Watts but Jack Watts

The bolded sentence may well be true, but when most of the rest of the team are below average it makes sense to get rid of them first.

• Like 1

Nah lets give him another 5ys like Sylvia before we realise we are pushing the c rapola up a big hill

• Like 4

The bolded sentence may well be true, but when most of the rest of the team are below average it makes sense to get rid of them first.

yes and no

you upgrade the list as you can, when you can. I would think this is the last year we could off load Jack for 'something" before he becomes a write off.

but, i think here we are talking of trade not delisting, there is a difference

True, but is he worth that much more in a trade than some of the others? I don't mean the out and out duds, but some others who show promise. Is the #1 pick tag relevant to other clubs?

True, but is he worth that much more in a trade than some of the others? I don't mean the out and out duds, but some others who show promise. Is the #1 pick tag relevant to other clubs?

all that means is youd hope to get more for him ( than others) , not to keep him for ever and a day

Unless we can get a second round pick for him I think he should see out his contract with us.

and contribute what ?

thats said I think we could wangle a 2nd rounder out of someone....Mick.,.,.....MICK !!!!!