Jack Watts Keep or Trade ?? The Poll

beelzebub

Trade or Keep  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just out of idle curiosity whod you rate higher ?

Out of who, Watts and Johnstone? Johnstone by a mile at least he produced regularly early in his career and his 2002 season was stellar. Probably the best user of the footy i've seen in red and blue. Like Watts though didn't have the will to get the best out of himself.

• Like 2

But I'm in the camp that thought trading Woewodin absolutely smashed the culture of this club at the time.

And I still think that.

They had made a rod for their own backs with his contract but I agree losing Woewodin and Farmer so close to each other ripped the heart out of the team.

Out of who, Watts and Johnstone? Johnstone by a mile at least he produced regularly early in his career and his 2002 season was stellar. Probably the best user of the footy i've seen in red and blue. Like Watts though didn't have the will to get the best out of himself.

agree with that summation..

And I reckon trading Watts to Carlton for, say, pick 25 would add to that already really unimpressive list.

Fair enough we'll have to agree to disagree. Watts certainly has potential but on what I've seen he'll never realise it. He might have a blinder every so often like Sylvia but for most of his career he'll be a disappointment.

For the record I voted "trade for what we can realistically expect". I think we could get a win/win trade which is what footy is about these days, we won't get anything for Nicholson or Tapscott but Watts may have some currency.

• Like 1

Fair enough we'll have to agree to disagree. Watts certainly has potential but on what I've seen he'll never realise it. He might have a blinder every so often like Sylvia but for most of his career he'll be a disappointment.

For the record I voted "trade for what we can realistically expect". I think we could get a win/win trade which is what footy is about these days, we won't get anything for Nicholson or Tapscott but Watts may have some currency.

Pretty well mirrors my vote and view. I honestly wish Watts well in his future. I just dont see it being with us

Johnstone won a B&F

Johnstone won a B&F

So might Jack.....Baulking and Falling !!

we have to set a standard that every recruit clearly understands the day they first get photographed with the red & blue jumper in hand, or on their backs.

that not going when they're turn is not an option.

they should stay in the ressies until they fully embrace the contact side of the game. or just never play AFL.

i agree with this... Its also why the 07/08/09 experience cull was the worst part, of the tanking plan... How do you teach kids the fundementles in AFL without on field leaders showing the way? We did need to make room, but to wipeout 98% of our list was just ridicules... We moved on experienced on field leaders and replaced them with 3rd and 4th round draft picks... Pfft...

Jack Watts is merely one player from a listful, that has been performing poorly in the last few weeks... Sure... Send him to Casey to work on his desire and intensity and confidence, but to trade him because of our own flawed plan is just dumb... Right now thers is 17 other clubs rubbing their hand together with thought of poaching Jack for a second rounder... He is a highly skilled player, who has been beaten down by the weight of the number 1 tag... Its only really us (and the media flogs, who want to slap us) that see this number against his name... Clubs like Sydney, Hawthorne and Collingwood see a player they can build into a champion...

To be honest, our club is irrelevant now anyway... We are just a holding station, for stronger clubs to pick from at will...

We are to blame... We keep searching for heroes to save us, instead of building a united team.... We build up the expectation because of draft numbers, and then cry because the player doesnt reached our expectations... We are stuck in a high end draft pick cycle...

We are already doing this with Jessie Hogan... Who is now rated around here as our best forward and he hasn't even played a match yet...pffft... How long after we move Jack on, will we see a thread like this about him?

• Like 1

Got a first round pick which landed Jack Grimes. On balance, a good decision.

However, the list is very long in relation to the trades we've done that have turned out to be absolutely deadly for us.

And I reckon trading Watts to Carlton for, say, pick 25 would add to that already really unimpressive list.

funny how Carlton keeps popping up as the trade option.... They must be really be pushing hard for this to go through... I'm wondering how much this media campaign has cost them?

beelzebub, on 26 Aug 2014 - 9:06 PM, said:snapback.png

just out of idle curiosity whod you rate higher ?

out of watts & Russell rhino Richards i would take Russell Richards. i would take kelly odonell before watts in a close shave. even today.

heffernan before watts, godfrey before watts. bennell before watts.

There is a future for you in advertising copy BB, but splitting supporters is not be the same as splitting the club. Never heard that any of the players have it in for him.

Thank goodness you didn't find a photo of Watts smiling after 186.

Sue Jack has given up demanding he ball over the last 5-6 weeks because they refuse to kick it to him

It is obvious when watching live at the games They dont kick it to him and he has stopped trying

Given jack was outplayed by Bennell can you blame them for not kicking it to him..... Jacks lack of run, chase and really attitude is what appears to be wrong, i dont know if that is something simple that you can solve. He has massive potential and talent but without the desire and attitude he is just another player out on the field getting average stats. I really cannot recall too many times Jack has chased and I mean really chased, running flat out. He could go the way of Sylvia and move to another club and find that without an attitude change, he just may not make it into their side.

The players on our list rate Jack Watts.

Some of the uncritical hyperbole on this site is beyond frustrating.

Watts is not the problem with our list. He's just one player who would be dynamite with an effective midfield feeding the ball to him.

But many people here want him to be Sam Mitchell. Cop a tip - he's not that player.

And judging by their preparedness to kick it to him Id say they dont rate him too highly. There's actions, and there's words.... One is speaking louder !!!

• Like 2

Watts is not the problem with our list. He's just one player who would be dynamite with an effective midfield feeding the ball to him.

But many people here want him to be Sam Mitchell. Cop a tip - he's not that player.

How do you know they rate him Ron? It appears on the field that they ignore him in the main

• Like 3

Jack Watts will be a good player in a better side. He is a hit up HFF, thats it. The issue he faces at Melbourne we can't hit targets and he doesn't work hard when the ball misses him. The only way I would trade him is in a part of a deal to secure a current good AFL player, I'm not really interested in trading him for a draft pick that we use to pick up a kid.

Jack Watts will be a good player in a better side. He is a hit up HFF, thats it. The issue he faces at Melbourne we can't hit targets and he doesn't work hard when the ball misses him. The only way I would trade him is in a part of a deal to secure a current good AFL player, I'm not really interested in trading him for a draft pick that we use to pick up a kid.

I would think the club is looking to do just that..a trade for Watts involvng a Player and a pick upgrade ( in some fashion )

Since Carlton does come up often in this as a hypothetical Id look at Watts and our 3rd round for Casboult and their 2nd rnd.

Going to be interesting how this all pans out

watt? rate him as a person,,, or as an AFL footballer. If I had to guess I'd say the former RB as a player he's a liability with his attitude to hard work.

• Like 2

Huh, are you suggesting we merge with the bullies? and train at north dorklands ? have you heard anything 'G'.

Not me MFC or nothing .

But the red and blue has been lead in our saddle bags for half a century achieved buggar all.

Fling the losing elements.

And judging by their preparedness to kick it to him Id say they dont rate him too highly. There's actions, and there's words.... One is speaking louder !!!

Yep leads a lot and is ignored.

Perhaps we have a lot of players with poor vision.

• Like 1

certainly had a lot of recruiters with it :rolleyes:

He's just another one of our players who people think would star in a good team. He will be Jack Watts wherever he goes. I have no fear of him making us pay.

nor I....but shhhh!! lets pump him up !!! :rolleyes::unsure:

• Like 1

No Old Dee They dont like his attitude and poor efforts could be what is behind it