WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRISTIAN PETRACCA

Demonland

Thats your comeback? He got smashed a couple of times and got up!? Good god what a pathetic and idiotic excuse!

Of course he is gonna get smashed is football FFS!!! I have seen Nicholson, Terlich, Riley etc get smashed and put their head over the ball. Not once did I question Salem effort to go in hard.

But he has played 11 games for one game where as a half forward he has only managed to get two digits disposals.

Fact is he is struggling to win the ball and looks sluggish and cant run out games.

Jimmy Toumpas copped it alot more last year then what Salem has showed. Im gonna put it down to lack of Pre Season. But so were Dunstan Billings and Taylor.

Fair dinkum Machsy if your rating of a players talent is based on getting crunched and getting back up again then maybe its you that needs all the luck in the world FMD!

Got crunched, got up, got to the player with the ball, layed a tackle which stripped the ball from that player.

Salem has obvious talent though like you I am surprised he is not dominating this year!

We had a play for Ollie Wines two years ago and someone decided we needed an outside runner more - sadly that option is gone now.

I still would love someone to confirm who over-ruled Todd Viney on drafting Wines?

Was probably Jack Watts

• Like 2

Petracca is this draft's best player, if that's not enough to not want him, i don't know what is.

Same was said about Tom Scully if i recall...

Same was said about Jack Watts and/or NicNat if I recall.

They all look like guns and jets at TAC level.

Here's a riddle - how do you turn a jet into a spud - put him in a Melbourne jumper. ( sorry - still in the grieving process after Sunday - I asked an MCC attendant for my membership money back)

• Like 1

We had a play for Ollie Wines two years ago and someone decided we needed an outside runner more - sadly that option is gone now.

I still would love someone to confirm who over-ruled Todd Viney on drafting Wines?

sigh........

Again......

Toumpas was the more highly regarded player at the time of the draft.

You can all rewrite history as much as you like but go through every article by TAC watchers and Toumpas was more highly ranked than Wines. That much is fact. The next probability is that Wines is now arguably the best player out of that draft so following the flawed rear vision logic - we should not have been able to draft him because GWS had picks before us and they should have taken him first !

(if you go back through posts at the time - there was even talk of "collusion" that we gave up too much for Hogan but the trade off was that Toumpas would somehow slip through to our pick)

• Like 3

Why bother! When we are in the box seat for Petracca, stretch, wright and Brayshaw. All part of the U18 all Australian midfield. I'm happy with that. Good way to start a rebuild.

lordy lordy - when we all learn. Cook was All Australian centre half forward !!!!!

• Like 1

Can anyone who has seen Petracca play tell me whether he is aggressive? Does he have some mongrel in him?

So many of our failed high draft picks haven't made it because they're just nice boys that don't like the physical stuff. We've picked so many softcox.

Does Petracca like smashing blokes and burying them into the ground? Does he have that Hodge/Lewis ruthless mongrel in him?

Can anyone who has seen Petracca play tell me whether he is aggressive? Does he have some mongrel in him?

So many of our failed high draft picks haven't made it because they're just nice boys that don't like the physical stuff. We've picked so many softcox.

Does Petracca like smashing blokes and burying them into the ground? Does he have that Hodge/Lewis ruthless mongrel in him?

Yes. Loves it. One passage of play that stood out for me when he played for Metro was when Petraccae was guarding the mark, WA player tried to fake and take him on, Christian took him down hard, ball spilled free to another WA player, and Petracca rag dolled him to boot.

lordy lordy - when we all learn. Cook was All Australian centre half forward !!!!!

Gawd and i thought Cook sailed a boat somewhere,Oh well back to the rocker.

Everyone seems to rate Petracca highly. I can only go by the limited vision I have seen in the available clips. Looks big bodied, aggressive and seems find his own footy but I haven't seen him hit too many targets. Can anyone confirm he is at least reasonable by hand and foot?

• Like 1

I wonder if we will ask the Saints who they are thinking of taking. If we are trading it will be very important to know that fact. I think the clubs' recruiters get on pretty well and it won't hurt them to tell us if they have already decided.

For example if Saints are going to take Petracca and if Clark is a definite no go for us next year, then we may look at McCartin or another tall as a trade. This info will be vital to us in respect to the way we trade and prepare for the draft.

• Like 1

I wonder if we will ask the Saints who they are thinking of taking. If we are trading it will be very important to know that fact. I think the clubs' recruiters get on pretty well and it won't hurt them to tell us if they have already decided.

For example if Saints are going to take Petracca and if Clark is a definite no go for us next year, then we may look at McCartin or another tall as a trade. This info will be vital to us in respect to the way we trade and prepare for the draft.

Roos is not a fan of drafting talls early in the draft apparently.