Buckley bahahaha

don cordner

It's views like this which have us living in a nanny state, the world has gone mad with it's political correctness. All things from the 70's & 80's and before were a little bit more hard nosed with a view of tough love, whether it be sport, the workplace, school, society.

Whilst I agree some changes were required we have gone way to far ended up with a generation of helicopter parents, Auskick, sterile work environments and kids thumbing their noses at the suggestion of having to walk to school.

It's views like this which have us living in a nanny state, the world has gone mad with it's political correctness. All things from the 70's & 80's and before were a little bit more hard nosed with a view of tough love, whether it be sport, the workplace, school, society.

Whilst I agree some changes were required we have gone way to far ended up with a generation of helicopter parents, Auskick, sterile work environments and kids thumbing their noses at the suggestion of having to walk to school.

Apparently pointing out that a coach indulged in a selfish emotional boil-over on the field = nanny state / political correctness.

Tough love my 4rse. I'm sick of people trying to pass off chest-beating, grandstanding, and an endless battle up and down the pecking order, like it was some kind of meaningful system for getting the most out of people.

The death throes of racism, sexism, homophobia, picking on the short kid, and any other excuse they could dig up to say someone else is not as important as you.

I'm sick of the 'nanny-state is coming to get us' sooks. Put a f-king seatbelt on and don't drive drunk, it's not hard.

I'm sick of the 'political correctness gone mad' sooks. Political correctness is just a nation trying to tell you to stop being an 4rsehole, it's not hard.

• Like 6

Well if my boss carried on like that to me in front of others I'd be putting forward a complaint of bullying. It was very unprofessional and a fast way to get a lot of his players offside.

One of the basic fundamental rules of managing people is that you give criticism behind closed doors.

Only one way from here for collongwood while Buckley is in charge and it's decently not up!

Don, I'm with you on this one. The verbal tirade would hurt Witt's confidence. Buckley needs to learn when to use verbal v physical motivation. A headbutt to Witt's forehead would have motivated Witt's to step up a gear, the jumper grab, finger pointed verbal spray only served to dent his already fragile confidence.

Don, I'm with you on this one. The verbal tirade would hurt Witt's confidence. Buckley needs to learn when to use verbal v physical motivation. A headbutt to Witt's forehead would have motivated Witt's to step up a gear, the jumper grab, finger pointed verbal spray only served to dent his already fragile confidence.

A heabutt to the head from your coach is appropriate then a jumper grab and finger pointing.. Are you serious!??

Wow....

Edited by dazzledavey36

Well, I for one was really disappointed by Roos losing his cool and giving such a pointless spray. Remembering this was early enough in the season that the 'magic' hadn't really started to show, we were 0-3 including two disappointing losses that we went in hoping to win.

When I posted about the Buckley brain-fade I was wondering if I should mention the Roos-Terlich one. And clearly the spray didn't do anything to convince Terlich to change his ways. Here he is in the VFL, doing exactly what he got sprayed for it seems;

Dean Terlich: Dean played half-back and half-forward. He had 16 possessions. I thought he was another who was pretty consistent over four quarters for the team. He positioned himself well and communicated well with his teammates in the defensive area. He just made a couple of disappointing decision-making errors, with ball in hand. He tried to be a little bit too cute, when the conditions were certainly not conducive to tricky ball use – he just needed to play the percentages.

Oh no you were disappointed with that as well?

Apparently pointing out that a coach indulged in a selfish emotional boil-over on the field = nanny state / political correctness.

Tough love my 4rse. I'm sick of people trying to pass off chest-beating, grandstanding, and an endless battle up and down the pecking order, like it was some kind of meaningful system for getting the most out of people.

The death throes of racism, sexism, homophobia, picking on the short kid, and any other excuse they could dig up to say someone else is not as important as you.

I'm sick of the 'nanny-state is coming to get us' sooks. Put a f-king seatbelt on and don't drive drunk, it's not hard.

I'm sick of the 'political correctness gone mad' sooks. Political correctness is just a nation trying to tell you to stop being an 4rsehole, it's not hard.

Well thank you for judging me as a 6 foot 4 inches tall, homophobic drink driving, racist on what I put in previously. wait a minute whilst I put down my banjo and can of beer. As I said in my previous post the tough love approach of the previous generations needed some changes but not to the point of going to far the other way

Just to shed some light on me to clear up some misgivings you may have

I am the short kid nothing changes you wont grow learn how to deal with it, just get on with your life, there are some advantages

I don't see myself as you put it as a nanny state sook, I am an 18 year Police veteran who has seen many deceased road accident victims and had to advise next of kin of their passing, so please don't tell me the importance of putting on a seat belt and not drinking and driving

I am however frustrated at being unable to focus all my time towards assisting victims of crime and actually targeting those who need to be targeted due to ridiculous red tape, courses and other countless things which were brought in by politicians with an agenda and a lack of understanding of what the community actually wants

I don't agree with sports where kids don't keep score until after the age of 12 (below 10 is fine), because it may cause some low self esteem or affect them emotionally, what is wrong with doing your best, participating and having fun. Winning isn't everything and it's part of life learning to deal with losing and not always getting what you want

I don't consider myself being an [censored], racist, homophobic because what I saw yesterday did not seem over the top.

Just a few things

If Buckleys or any coaches players don't do what they are asked or supposed to do his neck is on the line and the team will generally suffer - if you think it's not true look at our footage over the last 7 years

I would think a coach knows his players better than we do and there are different ways you would deal with each player to achieve a desired outcome. Buckleys actions yesterday had the desired effect Witts went back out and kicked 2 goals and had greater effect on the game was it luck or the fact the coach pointed out what he was doing was not good enough.

So in closing thanks again for judging me and pointing out that the current climate in which we live is so wonderful

• Like 2

No, but I didn't like the look of him grabbing the jumper. Doesn't bother me if I'm the only one.

You're not, and I don't care either if I cop it from the 'yay for a spray' crowd either. Just think grabbing someone, screaming and gesturing aggressively at them like that is completely unnecessary.

Well thank you for judging me as a 6 foot 4 inches tall, homophobic drink driving, racist on what I put in previously. wait a minute whilst I put down my banjo and can of beer. As I said in my previous post the tough love approach of the previous generations needed some changes but not to the point of going to far the other way

My honest apologies Pennant St Dee. I did actually notice that you qualified your comments with a 'needed change but not too far', and considered explicitly saying that my rant wasn't as much specifically at you as against the 'cultural block' that still thinks it is appropriate or effective to lose your nut because someone wasn't playing well.

People who celebrate aggression and physical displays of dominance like it is an effective way to solve problems... well, you're the police officer, I'm sure you've seen a lot more of that culture's handiwork than I have. Though I've seen enough.

As for the 'scoreless' games for kids. Well... deep down I think we know that is more about having scoreless games for parents. Parents who ruin the entire experience for everyone when they turn up at kids games and yell and carry on and abuse umpires. I think increasing the scoreless games age is ineffective and reactive, but in truth it's not the 'helicopter parents' who made things like that happen, it's the ones still clinging to "80s values".

• Like 1

My honest apologies Pennant St Dee. I did actually notice that you qualified your comments with a 'needed change but not too far', and considered explicitly saying that my rant wasn't as much specifically at you as against the 'cultural block' that still thinks it is appropriate or effective to lose your nut because someone wasn't playing well.

People who celebrate aggression and physical displays of dominance like it is an effective way to solve problems... well, you're the police officer, I'm sure you've seen a lot more of that culture's handiwork than I have. Though I've seen enough.

As for the 'scoreless' games for kids. Well... deep down I think we know that is more about having scoreless games for parents. Parents who ruin the entire experience for everyone when they turn up at kids games and yell and carry on and abuse umpires. I think increasing the scoreless games age is ineffective and reactive, but in truth it's not the 'helicopter parents' who made things like that happen, it's the ones still clinging to "80s values".

No worries & agree with you on the ugly parents keeping score

Gracious step back.

Dammit, I still have to respect him.

Why oh why wont at least one club give me a completely unambiguous run at legitimately hating them.

Hang on, what about essendon?

What? Can't a coach give a player a spray anymore?

Getting a too precious if anyone has a problem with that

A spray ...Yes ..slightly forceful physical contact in front of a few thousand spectators and a large TV audience ?? No.!!..Not in 2014 !! Typical of the arrogant character of Buckley...

Well if my boss carried on like that to me in front of others I'd be putting forward a complaint of bullying. It was very unprofessional and a fast way to get a lot of his players offside.

One of the basic fundamental rules of managing people is that you give criticism behind closed doors.

Only one way from here for collongwood while Buckley is in charge and it's decently not up!

They're football players not office workers.

And to quote Jordan Lewis "We're men not boys"

I just watched the "spray" for the first time, how sensitive have we become when this is even an issue.

• Like 3

They're football players not office workers.

And to quote Jordan Lewis "We're men not boys"

I just watched the "spray" for the first time, how sensitive have we become when this is even an issue.

Borders on hilarious really doesnt it.

Headlines...Coach gives player Spray........WoW !! :unsure::rolleyes:

• Like 1