GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Denham is reporting: '...a day after he finally confirmed he was leaving the Demons, Frawley is understood to have accepted a longstanding four-year deal worth about $2.5 million from the Hawks...' If reliable, this will get us pick 3!

That is about $650K so Frawley has done fairly well for himself.

He is a great bloke and deserves all the money he gets. That is the important thing. I don't even think about pick 3. Such a humble return not commensurate to his true worth. Edited by america de cali

What does "longstanding" mean?

good question

Denham is reporting: '...a day after he finally confirmed he was leaving the Demons, Frawley is understood to have accepted a longstanding four-year deal worth about $2.5 million from the Hawks...' If reliable, this will get us pick 3!

That is about $650K so Frawley has done fairly well for himself.

As much as it pains me to say, Denham is usually pretty spot on with his rumours.

Perhaps he means the offer has been sitting there unchanged for a while.

you really should use the emoticon for that line...lol :rolleyes:

Jon Ralph-

James Frawley will get to Hawthorn as broken on @superfooty but won't be announced today, in part our of respect for Dees and Robbie Flower

James doesn't need to respect Melbourne( I for one do not respect him). I think it would be far more poignant for him to announce it today. We will mourn the loss of a club champion, and with Frawley I could not care what he does.. Robbie was a one club player, James was not. With each generation sadly we loose more and more of our values. Regrettably they just don't make them like Robbie anymore. So we will be left cheering on half hearted clubmen. Nathan Jones may prove to be the exception if he re-signs. God I hope he does.

Edited by Strapping Young Lad
  • Like 3

James doesn't need to respect Melbourne( I for one do not respect him). I think it would be far more poignant for him to announce it today. We will mourn the loss of a club champion, and with Frawley I could not care what he does.. Robbie was a one club player, James was not. With each generation sadly we loose more and more of our values. Regrettably they just don't make them like Robbie anymore. So we will be left cheering on half hearted clubmen. Nathan Jones may prove to be the exception if he re-signs. God I hope he does.

I loved and respected Robbie.

I understand what Frawley has done but I do not respect him for his decision.

Delaying the announcement will not alter his place in history. He will be just be another player who came and went - as opposed to the players who are icons of our club who stayed the course.

• Like 1

Because delaying the announcement will make him less of a money hungry fool chasing quick success.

When he retires, along with Clark, nobody will remember their name.

That's the difference between these two and Flower.

Just go away already Chip.

• Like 5

What does "longstanding" mean?

He said this morning he believed that Hawthorn have been into him for a while and this offer may have been on the table since January.

Hence longstanding.

• Like 2

Just so I get it right :;

Theyre announcing that they arent going to announce it ( today ) .....so they just did !! fwits...honestly :huh:

• Like 3

Frawley should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Tulip.

Lucky for him we have been evenomated by Clark

Unless the sentence is. Frawley is not 1/1000th the person or player that Robert Flower was.

Apparently you haven't learned the lesson of not listening to unsubstantiated rubbish. Frawley didn't burn Geelong, didn't spend the year teeing a deal with Rivers and Scott. I am sure that his manager has had discussions with Geelong and may well have got an offer months ago. But as I have been blabbing on about incessantly, why on earth would you make a commitment early in a free agency environment. You hold off committing until the last moment and let the bidding war escalate.

Don't be so sure.

By the way, your inbox is full. Delete some PMs.

Don't be so sure.

By the way, your inbox is full. Delete some PMs.

I'm not sure. All I am sure of is there was absolutely no concrete commitment to Geelong or he would be there. The official paperwork can not be done today - you could structure a contract before this which may make the actual move unenforceable but will award damages to the party who pulls the plug.

Irrespective - I have constantly defended Frawleys season - has it been good ? - no. Has it been diabolical - no. Just very average. Took lots of marks, our second best forward this year but that ain't saying much. People point to his half arsed approach - but you could mention plenty of others that fall into that category this year as well. The hubris directed to his output was based in part on his contract situation (most, including myself, thought he was gone. Once you put the talks on hold you can back it in that he has one foot out the door).

I understand any player leaving for more money , opportunity or success - they are professionals. On the other hand I am not a professional. I pay to watch my team play and no amount of money could make me switch my allegiance. Therefore I have love for likes of Flower and Jones ( who is talking to the club about re-signing which is a good indication) and to me the likes of Frawley and Rivers are just footballers who don't leave a mark on me like the aforementioned ( Scully and Clark are in another league again as far as I am concerned).

(message box empty)

• Like 1

Frawley, Clark ... Flower.

Those names should not be mentioned on the same day.

Nor in the same sentence!

• Like 1

I think the timing has less to do with respect for Melbourne and Robbie and more to do with the fact that on this day more than any other, when we celebrate the life if our most loyal son, Frawley would come across as a grubby, flag-chasing mercenary. The public and media couldn't help but draw comparisons on a day like today.

• Like 1

I think the timing has less to do with respect for Melbourne and Robbie and more to do with the fact that on this day more than any other, when we celebrate the life if our most loyal son, Frawley would come across as a grubby, flag-chasing mercenary. The public and media couldn't help but draw comparisons on a day like today.

We'll all still think that tomorrow.

• Like 7

Filling up Hawthorn's Coffers with experienced players is the ultimate kick in the balls for all of us who witnessed '87 & '88 and the madness of the '96 Merger...

If we can trade Hardball for what WE want & need we can still improve....

Personally i think we need to Draft Experience this coming Trade Period....We simply MUST get out of the Bottom 4 next year

Chip can walk off into the Sunset...I have no care. As long as he gets beaten when playing the MFC..

For him to chase a Flag at Hawthorn now is a bit like going Seconds in a Brothel..

A Cheap Flag Chip.

But i am just a 35 year Member....

• Like 3

I don't think the dream is to win a flag with a once struggling club who overcame adversity etc, I think the dream is to just win a flag.

Ask Lake how a cheap premiership feels. He'll probably say pretty damn good!