Queens Birthday - Blockbuster Coming Soon

Grapeviney

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy isn't it?

How can the small teams grow and get out of its poor brother state if you don't treat them equally?

Is maximising crowds what we want to do?

Or is building up lower clubs something worth considering?

We all want a fair and equitable league. The draw is apart of why it isn't an even league and it is apart of fixing the inequity.

I'm all for equalisation measures but the draw isn't a particularly effective tool for achieving a level playing field.

We could have played 22 Friday night matches last year and it wouldn't have made a jot of difference to anything; membership, gate receipts, our win-loss record etc.

Those games only become beneficial - in dollar terms - when you're a good team (offering an attractive product).

• Like 1

WTF is qb a twilight game , 4.40 grrrrrrrrr was so lookin forward to this but I aint driving 300 klms down the crappy higway in the dark to get home at bloody mid night

??????? here says 4.40 fridge fixture says 3 , 30 ??????????????

3:20 on AFL website - I would go with that

I am also disappointed that a blockbuster (only game on Monday) is being played in the afternoon???

Should be 2:00 start

Edited by Young Dee

I am also disappointed that a blockbuster (only game on Monday) is being played in the afternoon???

It's because Channel 7 want to show it live, and have it lead directly in to their nightly news.

• Like 2

3:20 or 5:20 or whatever.....

Why the hell would the only game on a public holiday immediately before a working week NOT be 2:20 or even 2:00

Are TV dictating this or is it just some bloody marketing guys telling that it is cool.

Pity those as Bard Dee says who have to travel home long distances.

Yet another example of the AFL being totally out of touch with the people. Yesterday had 2 ridiculously late games. Why???

Do they not care or just not think???

• Like 1

3:20 or 5:20 or whatever.....

Why the hell would the only game on a public holiday immediately before a working week NOT be 2:20 or even 2:00

Are TV dictating this or is it just some bloody marketing guys telling that it is cool.

Pity those as Bard Dee says who have to travel home long distances.

Yet another example of the AFL being totally out of touch with the people. Yesterday had 2 ridiculously late games. Why???

Do they not care or just not think???

FOXTEL & Ch 7 had to pay overs.

They will maximize revenue making.

This is why the fixture is putrid for the fan who wants to go to the game.

It is designed for couch potatoes.

Are people really crying about a 3:20 start time? Sometimes I can't tell if we're living in 2014 or the 50s.

The game will be finished by 6pm. What's the problem?

• Like 4

I don't care if they start at midnight, I'll still be there.

Might be on my own though.

Not for the first time-you've earned it.

We all rah-rah and then some Collingwood nuffie says 'they'll be up for this; it's their Grand Final.'

A Melbourne player said it once and since then it has stuck, particularly since we've been out of finals contention since this player said it.

I agree, it's a condescending thing to say from the pies fans/club. I reckon Roos will try to hammer home that this is another game, but also emphasise the importance of performing in front of a big audience.

I personally love the build up and I'm gutted I'm missing it.

Are people really crying about a 3:20 start time? Sometimes I can't tell if we're living in 2014 or the 50s.

Yeah, know what you mean... you have to travel all the way from East Melbourne and Barn Dee, who started this whole whinge over start times, only has a mere 300km drive ahead of him.

• Like 2

Exactly! Who cares if it's 2:10 or 3:20?

Haven't looked forward to a Queens Bday match this much in a long time. I have a good feeling.

• Like 4

I have never forgotten 1958

My 2nd Grand final

Agree Chippy. Nothing can completely overcome the pain for '58, but beating them any time is a nice analgesic.

Edited by Deeoldfart

I work with lots of Pies supporters. Every win this year it has been, "Oh, it great to see you get a win against...Carlton...Adelaide..." So damn patronising, like we are a basket case. I am just wondering if they will say the same thing on Tuesday morning if we beat the mongrels? I have a good feeling and I think the boys do as well. Jack Watts seemed quietly confident when he spoke about Monday afternoon on "On the Couch". Very upbeat.

• Like 1

jeezzz I over getting screwed , was QB or did QB used to be a 1,10 odd game ? that made it easy , now 3.20 AAAAAAHHHHHGGGG

Is there still a walk to the "G" ?

Keep an eye on the Club website for news of activities before the game.

Also thought it would be great to see a massive amount of flags up and about before and during the game. Would be uplifting for the boys to hear our voices and see the flags waving. The Demon Army do such a great job but it would be even better if that effect was continued all around the ground. The other show of support would be for everyone to wear their scarves - a sea of red and blue.

Also noted on the Club website was that the first open training was on Saturday morning. Good to get the kids all down to watch training.

• Like 1