Jade Rawlings - Roos Successor?

McQueen

Is it just me or do others find it interesting Rawlings is the only assistant who sits beside Roos week in, week out?

Essentially listening intently to every word that calmly comes from Roos mouth.

It's staring us in the face.

Is it just me or do others find it interesting Rawlings is the only assistant who sits beside Roos week in, week out?

Have thought the same thing this week, noticed him next to Roos in the box and have always been very impressed by how he seems to go about his job as an assistant coach at training - though it must be said that we supporters really know sweet FA about how good any of the assistants are.

Not just you. I thought this same thing a few weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he took over from Roo's in 6-8 years, wishful thinking...

• Like 2

He has done an outstanding job with out defence for years. Constantly pulling players out of nowhere to stand up.

Not really.

They were a freakin shambles under Neeld though this was not all the fault of the backs.

Rawlings has shown he is ambitious and that is it.

I'm not into this young coach fad.

It's not working anywhere.

Someone 45 years plus with success at Afl level please.

Roos said rawlings would fill that role while the search was on, but it has to be a serious head start

When was this said?

I hope Jack Viney is Roos' successor, which would be about 3 years after Jack's playing career has finished.

Should give Roos about 15 years to groom him and be ready to take over when it's time for Roos to step aside.

Dawesy could be the go.

Not really.

They were a freakin shambles under Neeld though this was not all the fault of the backs.

I wouldn't judge an assistant's role under a control-freak. That is why Garry should never have appointed Neeld in the first place as he was a Malthouse assistant. NBuckley is a bit different, because he wasn't a Malthouse yes-man. Quite the contrary. Neeld was, according to Rocket Eade allegedly.

These megalomaniac control-freak type coaches don't allow their assistants to breathe, think, explore, create etc...

They are given a specific role and a specific mandate to do a particular job in a particular way.

Do the maths. It aint hard.

• Like 1

Not really.

Alistair Clarkson (36 started coaching hawks) says hi.

• Like 1

I think it will be an outsider. Although I have previously not been a big fan, Michael Voss's behavior after his sacking from the Lions in admitting he has a lot to learn and expressing a desire to do this as an assistant under an experienced coach I think struck a humility I would not previously associated with him. Voss certainly has a fierce desire to win and captained three premiership teams. I think 5 years under Roos he might develop into an excellent Coach. My only doubt is whether he has Roos smarts, then again not many football people do.

The other hot tip I have heard recently was Brett Kirk. He is very very close to Roos and is currently an Assistant Coach. Is a Brett Kirk senior coach, Paul Roos Director of Football regime on the cards? The other suggestion I have heard is that Roos is being groomed to take over from Peter Jackson in three years time. Watch for Roosy to go off to Harvard Winter School in the off season over the next couple of years. If he does, I suggest he is a shoe-in for Jackson's successor. Could we end up with Kirk - Senior Coach, Rawlings - Director of Football, Roos - CEO MFC. We could do worst I reckon!

Not really.

Ken Hinkley is doing okay at the minute, just turned a bottom 4 side into a top 4 side in a year and abit.

Very confident Roos will do the three years and then sign on for another couple after that, you can tell with each week he is getting a taste for it and wants to see this out.

Very confident Roos will do the three years and then sign on for another couple after that, you can tell with each week he is getting a taste for it and wants to see this out.

That would be simply awesome after what he has done with Bail,Jetta,Pederson and Dunn already.

If a Roos stays for the 3 years and brings the team to the brink, it would be hard for him to just walk away at that point I would've thought.

I'm not thinking successors either. I'm holding on to hope of Roosy being in for the long haul.

Surely that's by virtue of his role as lead assistant coach?

He's Roos' number 2. That's always been evident.

Not really.

Geelong have a bloke you might have heard of called Chris Scott... only 38 now