Players to target at the end of the year

Yeah because chasing a bloke who is best 22 in a potential premiership side isn't injecting our list with talent. Bird might not set the world on fire but he would be someone who would help to make our side better.

I think anyone with minimal ball skills would make our list better.

• Like 1

Just because he is best 22, doesn't mean he is a genuine talent. He's no more than a role player who adheres to the instructions given to him by a coach who has a side playing like a unit. There is no chink when everyone performs their role. Bird is hardly a game breaker and he certainly doesn't influence the outcome of matches. He plays a minimal but effective role in the best functioning side within the AFL.

How mich better did Mitch Morton look when playing at Sydney and in that Grand Final than he did in his entire career at tigerland?

Bird is not the 'talent' that Roos speaks about when addressing our problems.

What exactly do you think Paul Roos is trying to create at the MFC?

• Like 2

What exactly do you think Paul Roos is trying to create at the MFC?

You need a core group of consistent and regular AFL standard performers before players like Bird begin to perform consistently for your side.

Sure he's trying to create all of this.

All I'm saying is, I don't think Bird would be a player Roos would target as a means to increase the 'talent' level of our club.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

You need a core group of consistent and regular AFL standard performers before players like Bird begin to perform consistently for your side.

Sure he's trying to create all of this.

All I'm saying is, I don't think Bird would be a player Roos would target as a means to increase the 'talent' level of our club.

I agree in part Steve, although Bird brings so much else to the club that, if he were on the table for the right price, we would have been mad to overlook him. But I also see your point as well, just thought you were selling Bird a little short in your summation of him.

Again Moon, he was traded therefore was a commodity! If Kennedy showed the same form as a Cameron, he would have been seen as an untouchable. Kennedy was underwhelming at Carlton.

Never said he wasn't a commodity. All players are potential commodities. He was re-signed for two years by Carlton just before the WCE trade. Kennedy showed considerable potential at the Blues. The fact he is now a star is proof of that. Undeniable.

does anyone thin we are actually a legitimate shot to get Jeremy Cameron or that hes possibly already agreed to a deal with us?

I know we all want it to be true and that his season ending injury helps to fuel the rumours as does the fact we have a shitload of salary cap $$$ to play with, but what are the chances realistically

Edited by hogans_heroes

does anyone thin we are actually a legitimate shot to get Jeremy Cameron or that hes possibly already agreed to a deal with us?

I know we all want it to be true and that his season ending injury helps to fuel the rumours as does the fact we have a shitload of salary cap $$$ to play with, but what are the chances realistically

I think we and others have a legitimate chance of landing Jeremy Cameron, we have the dollars, and the picks

I reckon the Jeremy Cameron rumor is an absolute myth. If he is going to go it will be a top club that plays finals regularly.

It depends, none of the top sides could match what we could offer, or even go close really, and then satisfying GWS in a trade without giving away a senior player becomes tough

Umm.. Idk if you guys watched the game on Sunday but if you did, you would of realise our primary problem isn't out foward line. When we do get inside 50 we're relatively dangerous...but because our midfield always gets soo comprehensively beaten...we never do! So ye getting Cameron is risky because it would be at the expense of potential quality midfielders so highly unlikely we would want him. I think everyone who does want him is consciously ignoring the fact that we have Jesse Hogan who will make a huge difference when he starts getting some game time. Plus I'm pretty sure most of our passengers would fit the midfield category am I right? (By midfield I mean players who do sometimes play other positions but are predominantly In the midfield.) So ye... Basically...[censored] Cameron...he will cost too much. This doesn't make our off season any less exciting tho. I'm sure we will sign at least one big fish. Not sure if this [censored] makes sense..but oh well

Anyone know what matt sucklings contract situation is ? Is the best kick in the comp... Wouldn't be against throwing him a 4 year deal at around $400k.. Would have to be a significant pay rise on his current wage and we'd be paying overs but I don't care, we need good ball users. Obviously we'd have to trade for him so makes it hard.

Edited by JV7
  • Like 2

After watching the crap we served up yesterday I am hoping we now get Ryan O Keefe

He will be an upgrade on at least 20 of the spuds on our list even if he is almost 34

Hope we get Malceski more though, but would love both

We need leaders.

Someone who understands the modern game and can analyse it on the run.

It's no good waiting to the end of a game or quarter to talk about it.

On field leaders are just that, players that can see how the game is changing and make immediate changes or contact the bench.

If that doesn't happen then the game can be lost.

The leaders that fit this mold are Sellwood, Hodge. Mitchell, Lewis, Pavlich, (probably 6 swans) Watson.

Pick up 1 or 2 of those types and I'd be happier.

Hopefully, we have Salem, Toumpas and Trengrove coming back with another pre-season under Roos and committed to proving to Demonlanders why they were all top ten draft picks! (Maybe also Watts with something to prove?)

• Like 1

Hopefully, we have Salem, Toumpas and Trengrove coming back with another pre-season under Roos and committed to proving to Demonlanders why they were all top ten draft picks! (Maybe also Watts with something to prove?)

One thing all three are that we seriously lacked on the weekend is good users of the ball

Im reasonably confident those three will in time be very handy footballers. I hope trenners wants to stay.