• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Players to target at the end of the year

I rate Watts. He wasn't the only player to have a bad day today.

Watts is possibly the most talented user of the ball on our list. There is a problem however, he is also the most scared player on the list and his effort at the contest is nearly non existent. I have never seen an AFL player jog to the ball so often or get out bodied by midgets.

• Like 5

If we can offer Cameron a good enough deal (money)...better than what GWS is willing to offer...we wouldn't have to sacrifice as much in terms of trading draft picks etc. if Cameron wants to leave (possibly likely...idk), then GWS would have no choice but to trade him, lowering their bargaining power...we have to offer him good enough money (which we can) and then possibly only sacrifice pick 2. Basically what I'm saying is that it's primarily about what money is being offered etc as opposed to what drafts or players a team is willing to trade, that will determine whether a player leaves. Maybe pick 2 for Cameron tho is a exaggeration....idk I trust roosy and the other blokes

Watts is possibly the most talented user of the ball on our list. There is a problem however, he is also the most scared player on the list and his effort at the contest is nearly non existent. I have never seen an AFL player jog to the ball so often or get out bodied by midgets.

He is the MOST PATHETIC excuse for a footballer I've witnessed at any level.

We hear how talented he is but hes not a footballers a$$hole. He is an absolute [censored]. His "elite disposal" is a myth... Gets the ball and then usually turns into trouble then cr@ps himself and handballs to a stationary team mate with 2 opposition player either side of him.... Try kicking it with your "elite disposal" Jack...

Also.. Try putting your body on the line... Tackle, bump, smother and freaking run don't jog.

1 good game and a quarter of AFL standard footy here and there is not good enough.

Do these blokes realise how much of a joke they are among AFL circles?

Dogs, Saints and even GWS are better placed than us right now. At least they're kids have a crack. We really need a massive turnover of this pathetic list.

Aaarrrgggghhhh!!!!

• Like 2

agree. I am just really angry. So much sugar coating this year.

"well at least our percentage is better at 70% and 4 wins".

The wins were due to opposition not converting (they all had higher insude 50s and scoring shots).

Todays loss to Lions was embarrassing.

• Like 1

He is the MOST PATHETIC excuse for a footballer I've witnessed at any level.

We hear how talented he is but hes not a footballers [censored]. He is an absolute [censored]. His "elite disposal" is a myth... Gets the ball and then usually turns into trouble then cr@ps himself and handballs to a stationary team mate with 2 opposition player either side of him.... Try kicking it with your "elite disposal" Jack...

Also.. Try putting your body on the line... Tackle, bump, smother and freaking run don't jog.

1 good game and a quarter of AFL standard footy here and there is not good enough.

Do these blokes realise how much of a joke they are among AFL circles?

Dogs, Saints and even GWS are better placed than us right now. At least they're kids have a crack. We really need a massive turnover of this pathetic list.

Aaarrrgggghhhh!!!!

Well, that's pretty 'deemotivating'.

Fair enuff. I'll stick with blue supporters who thought they Kennedy would amount to nothing special. They were wrong off course.

most players at the blues did nothing back then. their culture stank. & had for long time. The club was still drunk on its successes decades before. amongst other stuff.

so Kennedy hadn't developed in that environment, sound familiar? Us, we have been like a Luna-Park fun factory for 'play' ers.

most players at the blues did nothing back then. their culture stank. & had for long time. The club was still drunk on its successes decades before. amongst other stuff.

so Kennedy hadn't developed in that environment, sound familiar? Us, we have been like a Luna-Park fun factory for 'play' ers.

More reason for Brett Ratten to be the successor?

Ye after seeing today's game...I came to the realisation we're total crap. A few good player but too many passengers as per usual

thats why we need to turn 2 picks into about 4 or 5 good players. trade, to do it like last year. or we will be here doing this in 2019.

Ye after seeing today's game...I came to the realisation we're total crap. A few good player but too many passengers as per usual

thats why we need to turn 2 picks into about 4 or 5 good players. trade, to do it like last year. or we will be here doing this in 2019.

agreed 100%

he is terrible

Would trade for pick 100, at least we can then pick a player who isnt scared of physical contact like Watts is

looks to be scared of the Dumb Belle as well.,, does watts his name.

Last sentence is bollocks. And you know it. They reluctantly let Kennedy go. He didn't want to go either. The trade for Judd hinged upon him going to WCE, so they let him go paired with a very high draft pick.

I'd trade for Cameron or a a mid, such as Parker. Work your best magic Roosy!

Correct. The blues tried to offload Fev as it would have suited the eagles perfectly.

Unfortunately for Carlton,eagle spies knew how bad he was and Woosha was in the middle of a clearout.

Kennedy was the one player the blues didnt want to lose.But the Judd was to tempting for them.

Malceski is a must get. A must get.

Our backline have the most laughable kicking skills which is the number one reason there's such a discrepancy for inside 50 counts for and against. We consistently turn it over in our backhalf. Consistently.

Malceski would have a huge effect and I'd be going after another back flanker who can player hard but can also use the ball and setup play well either at the draft or from another club to slot in and take the Terlich/Grimes spot. (This captaincy thing is an issue).

That's clearly a priority.

I know there have differing opinions about the worth/value of O'Keefe but I'd also throw him a deal similar to Cross's. It doesn't concern me one bit that he has lost a yard of pace. It's not like he's a David Rodan or a Shannon Byrnes. The bloke is a genuine A grade player with leadership all over him, work ethic, great user of the ball and would slot in beautifully on the half forward line for a year or two. Sydney have a plethora of midfield talent and experienced leaders. Our club is trying to offload spuds and we're still screaming out for that experience, drive and leadership to help cultivate this culture we're striving for.

Malceski

Cross

O'Keefe

Dawes

That gives you an experienced, hardened and strong group of leaders at every line. Players who have the capacity to help change a club and to bring the young talent through.

Then hit the draft for gun mids or do another Tyson trade with the Frawley pick and our second rounder for a gun young player and another chance of nabbing a great mid inside the top 10-15.

Imagine that off-season.

Malceski

O'Keefe

Shiel (insert talented young mid)

Petracca or Brayshaw

Pick 10-15

Billy Stretch

Then we've got Hogan to look forward to. An injury free Trengove who will hopefully show us why he was rated so highly

The possibility of Clark coming back... (Too far?)

It's so incredibly sad that I'm already excited to see how the offseason pans out.

Roos knows how hard he'll have to go to get quality experienced players in as well as quality youngsters for us to flush out the trash that is still running around.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 4

Good.

I hardly think going after him is injecting our list with 'talent'.

Yeah because chasing a bloke who is best 22 in a potential premiership side isn't injecting our list with talent. Bird might not set the world on fire but he would be someone who would help to make our side better.

• Like 1

Yeah because chasing a bloke who is best 22 in a potential premiership side isn't injecting our list with talent. Bird might not set the world on fire but he would be someone who would help to make our side better.

Just because he is best 22, doesn't mean he is a genuine talent. He's no more than a role player who adheres to the instructions given to him by a coach who has a side playing like a unit. There is no chink when everyone performs their role. Bird is hardly a game breaker and he certainly doesn't influence the outcome of matches. He plays a minimal but effective role in the best functioning side within the AFL.

How mich better did Mitch Morton look when playing at Sydney and in that Grand Final than he did in his entire career at tigerland?

Bird is not the 'talent' that Roos speaks about when addressing our problems.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

Just because he is best 22, doesn't mean he is a genuine talent. He's no more than a role player who adheres to the instructions given to him by a coach who has a side playing like a unit. There is no chink when everyone performs their role. Bird is hardly a game breaker and he certainly doesn't influence the outcome of matches. He plays a minimal but effective role in the best functioning side within the AFL.

How mich better did Mitch Morton look when playing at Sydney and in that Grand Final than he did in his entire career at tigerland?

Bird is not the 'talent' that Roos speaks about when addressing our problems.

Minimal role? I think you're selling him short. I'll admit he isn't exactly a game breaker type but the bloke averages over 20 touches a game to go with 5 tackles. He is a bloke who works incredibly hard to get the best out of himself and would be an instant upgrade on at least half of our list. Not everyone we get has to be an A grade talent, and we won't necessarily attract those, but someone like Craig Bird would be more than welcome on our list IMO.

It's a moot point now anyway with him re-signing but he would have been a terrific addition to our list.

Edited by Wiseblood
  • Like 2