Jesse Hogan Injury Update?

dazzledavey36

Who is carrying on like a pork chop? You're the one that's reading that into it, all I'm doing is presenting the facts. From memory you were pretty adamant Scully was staying as well and ridiculed anyone who dared think otherwise - how did that turn out?

I'd said you're free to.

And you remember incorrectly, which you're also free to do.

Does anyone know if they have looked at using electromagnetic pulse therapy on his back, this has been used for years for the treatment of troublesome broken bones, pain, etc... the electric pulses are supposed to speed up bone regeneration and healing.

Put him on the LTI and elevate Harmes whose VFL form has been good.

Out of curiosity, anyone know if any team has ever had to elevate all of their rookies? We'd be getting close if Hogan goes on the LTI etc

Out of curiosity, anyone know if any team has ever had to elevate all of their rookies? We'd be getting close if Hogan goes on the LTI etc

Harmes punctured his lung on the weekend

Wasn't there a rumour about Harmes possibly puncturing a lung in the VFL yesterday

Sure, if he hadn't played that particular minute of that particular game he wouldn't have had that particular knee in that particular part of his back.

Just has Strauss not played that particular minute of that particular game v Carltank he wouldn't have broken his leg. Was it a poor decision to not have him on the bench at that particular moment?

Injuries happen: he got unlucky and a knee exacerbated his back injury. Had the knee not been there right then who knows, we may not be having the conversation and instead be celebrating being 4 and 1 ?

exactly... we are not wasting our time this season wallowing. we are learning who has it; who doesn't; & who needs what to get better.

the 2nd half season will see us slowly put stronger teams on the paddock. we will finish stronger than we started I'm sure. & at the end of season, Roos will know Well which have got to leave.

C'mon after all the crap we went through with Scully, the fact Hogan wouldn't entertain a contract extension, is from Perth, will have the WA sides knocking down his doors, is unable to get on the park to form a bond with the rest of the team, the performance of the team and perception of the club and was quite happy to have a photo of himself wearing a Freo scarf publicised on Instagram I think those of us who are a little sceptical as to where this will end up have a right to be.

Ever thought that he may not, with an uncertain injury, have been offered an extension at this stage, or even that he may be "doing the right thing" and declined to negotiate just in case he is not able to continue (heaven forbid)??

Put him on ice...

Is this a Franklin or a Hogan thread?

• Like 1

Freo I think stuie.

From memory In the last year before Lyon took over late in the year they had 28 players to choose from.

I am sure all were elevated much earlier than that.

• Like 1

Unbelievable

Who the hell monitors injuries at the MFC? Whos responsible for rehab?

They are all bloody useless

Spoken like a true hogan hero :P

Unbelievable

Who the hell monitors injuries at the MFC? Whos responsible for rehab?

They are all bloody useless

out of curiosity is it your age or are you not switched on upstairs

your comments are astounding in regard to all manner of subjects be it player management, player performance, our list or team structure

• Like 2

out of curiosity is it your age or are you not switched on upstairs

your comments are astounding in regard to all manner of subjects be it player management, player performance, our list or team structure

because i speak the truth and I am right every single time

I admit that is astounding

doesn't look like he will debut this year. maybe very late if anything.
I guess we focus on getting him right for next preseason :S

For a little perspective here is an excerpt from an article about Nick Riewoldt who was drafted in 2000. "Riewoldt injured his knee in the 2001 pre-season and after playing two VFL games he made his AFL debut in Round 15 against the Adelaide Crows. St Kilda lost by 97 points at Colonial Stadium in what turned out to be Malcolm Blight’s final game as coach. After player four consecutive AFL matches Riewoldt missed Round 19 and 20 with a shoulder injury, he played six of St Kilda’s last eight matches predominantly at half forward but was also given stints on the wing." In 2002 Nick won the Rising Star but his breakout year wasn't until 2004 when he took an AFL record 256 marks. He has been constantly linked with a return home to his native state Qld but that has never eventuated and now he is almost their longest serving captain and likened to the greats Baldock and Stewart. Give Jesse a chance and let the club look after him till he is right to play, I am sure the saints probably wondered about their investment in St Nick at a similar stage of his career.

• Like 3

doesn't look like he will debut this year. maybe very late if anything.

I guess we focus on getting him right for next preseason :S

Correct Deez

I put him in the 2015 frame a couple of weeks back it looks like it is now a reality.

• Like 1

Who was that geelong player that kneed him in the back? he has a lot of answering to do

I think the problem was there before then.

He supposedly complained of a sore back before that game

• Like 2

I think the problem was there before then.

He supposedly complained of a sore back before that game

And some peanut above called Pennant St Dee has a go at me when i question our deplorable injury management and rehab practices

I can accept that injuries happen, setbacks happen and young players like Hogan need to be treated carefully. That's footy. What I don't accept or like is that the club were clearly aware of the setback at the time of Misson's last injury update (and the time this thread was made). Instead of addressing the issue and informing the members of his condition, they conveniently leave Hogan out of the report altogether, instead letting us find out the bad news from Damian [censored] Barrett several days later. Not really good enough...

it's because tv execs and media interests run this comp

i wouldn't be surprised if all clubs have a "scoop quota" with the media

until membership provides more dollars than tv rights we will remain second class

Yep dc

I think the cause is lost.

When they sold out to the dollars of TV we started a new era where the TV execs run the important things.

The old will never return.

And some peanut above called Pennant St Dee has a go at me when i question our deplorable injury management and rehab practices

Some peanut has played the game and sport at professional level knowing a little bit about injury management and rehab, knows family and friends of Hogan, you have tunnel vision and don't realise we are no different in this respect to any club

Please go and do your homework on

Richmonds management of Richo's lisfranc injury

Geelong with Hawkins back

Brisbane with Brown's knee

Essendon with Hirds issues with his feet in the late 90's

Meth Coast with Natanui's groin issues over the last 2 seasons

Freo with Sandilands turf toe and it's recurrence

Port managing Hartlett through his early years

Reiwoldts management early on after going pick 1

• Like 11