Training - Friday 28th March, 2014

Satyriconhome

Mark Stevens@Stevo7AFL 1m

Tom McDonald's thigh heavily padded .. Away from main group .. Looks a long way short of 100 PC with corkie .. WC land of giants await

I spoke to Tommy as he was getting his GPS inserted.

His response was verbatum. "Yeh not bad" end of conversation.

Jack, sorry, Great Pretender (the irony is killing me) trying reading what I wrote and remember context. You know, context. You're a student of history, or so you boast. You'll know the importance of context. Saty is famous here for the "nothing to see here" manoeuvre last year. But you knew that. So are you, too. But hey, let's not dredge up the past. Otherwise I'll worry about men in black poisoning player drink bottles and laughing nefariously in darkened rooms. Alone.

Strike me dead.

As if it is so bloody unclear. I want answers. I want the truth, and, as a paid up and loyal member I'm actually entitled to them. So, MFC, don't feed me total garbage about injuries. If a player is out, say so. Don't make stuff up. Don't be deliberately vague when you know better. No-one loses, no-one gets hurt. Try that.

After the appalling load of nonsense I've sat through for the last 7 years, I deserve that. Loyalty is about a relationship - it is not a one-way street. I don't give my loyalty and simply accept whatever comes back. I'll go Sunday. I'll go with my kids. It's my birthday, as it happens. I'll sit through the game. And my loyalty is forever. I don't use emotional threats. Just don't lie and mislead because it suits. I've no tolerance any more. This is not complex, not ambiguous, not conflicted. I can live with defeat and sustain hope when I know I'm not being strung along. Right now, we are all being strung along. If Roos came out and said "Well, we are hopelessly unmanned in the talls department; we are coming up against WCE, who have great talls. So, it's gunna be tough. But I want every MFC person there because the team needs you and we want to show everyone the fight we have. And if we fight well enough for long enough, who knows..." things might feel a little different.

What price leadership?

• Like 5

Give it a rest old man. Every positive comment doesn't have to be jumped on

I don't mind if you don't agree with me and you may be correct

But is the "Old man" bit necessary?

Seems superfluous to me.

• Like 7

Any reports...you know, re training :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I don't mind if you don't agree with me and you may be correct

But is the "Old man" bit necessary?

Seems superfluous to me.

So do we call you dee from now on? Or do you object to the man reference?

We are all Deemen here - lets just act like adults people. A little respect never hurt anyone.

Exactly what I am driving at YD

Some members seem incapable of voicing a different point of view without making disparaging comments about the person they disagree with.

• Like 4

Funny, but you've just figured out what a bad workplace is like

Is it really that funny when someone's talking about redundancies?

What a snide little remark.. and yet you have the temerity to have a great big sook b/c the the coach didn't whisper sweet nothings in your ear about what a struggle this week will be but how we're going to tough it out... as if that's not also SPIN !

• Like 4

The training reports are getting really detailed lately.

Keep it up gents....some excellent observations.

• Like 9

Jack, sorry, Great Pretender (the irony is killing me) trying reading what I wrote and remember context. You know, context. You're a student of history, or so you boast. You'll know the importance of context. Saty is famous here for the "nothing to see here" manoeuvre last year. But you knew that. So are you, too. But hey, let's not dredge up the past. Otherwise I'll worry about men in black poisoning player drink bottles and laughing nefariously in darkened rooms. Alone.

Strike me dead.

As if it is so bloody unclear. I want answers. I want the truth, and, as a paid up and loyal member I'm actually entitled to them. So, MFC, don't feed me total garbage about injuries. If a player is out, say so. Don't make stuff up. Don't be deliberately vague when you know better. No-one loses, no-one gets hurt. Try that.

After the appalling load of nonsense I've sat through for the last 7 years, I deserve that. Loyalty is about a relationship - it is not a one-way street. I don't give my loyalty and simply accept whatever comes back. I'll go Sunday. I'll go with my kids. It's my birthday, as it happens. I'll sit through the game. And my loyalty is forever. I don't use emotional threats. Just don't lie and mislead because it suits. I've no tolerance any more. This is not complex, not ambiguous, not conflicted. I can live with defeat and sustain hope when I know I'm not being strung along. Right now, we are all being strung along. If Roos came out and said "Well, we are hopelessly unmanned in the talls department; we are coming up against WCE, who have great talls. So, it's gunna be tough. But I want every MFC person there because the team needs you and we want to show everyone the fight we have. And if we fight well enough for long enough, who knows..." things might feel a little different.

What price leadership?

I would love if he said this.

Strike me dead.

What price leadership?

You're dreaming. You are a member yes. It doesn't entitle you to that much.

The club has to balance objectives of members, media, players and their privacy, the coaches and competitive info etc

And really does it matter? The uproar in the MClarke thread is unbelievable. The guy wants to play. If he ain't ready for whatever reason then who cares if we know every detail or not.

Sometimes the medical staff just don't know what is wrong with players. The way you would have it is that scans and xrays would be sent to all members before consulting wit the player!

• Like 6

Give it a rest old man. Every positive comment doesn't have to be jumped on

I agree it is getting very very tired

Im expecting a response from OD along the lines of "the last 7 years has been very tired"

• Like 1

Strike me dead.

What price leadership?

God, you're a painful sook.

• Like 3

Hang what is going on.

This is supposed to be a training report.

I was only there about 45min after having a knee procedure at AAMI park imaging centre.

Not many spectators in attendance.

The training didn't really get underway until after 10am

Misson called the boys into a huddle to talk about Match day.

The talk lasted about 10 min. There was a bit of back slapping going on.

Jetta was the point of concern I thought.

(Surely he hasn't been upgraded to the Senior List) Who would be in line for LTI.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Watts looked good moved well _ No compression bandage around the calf.

Dawes was running well.

Hogan didn't look too happy when he eventually turned up. He had a face like a smacked bottom as my mum would say.

Everyone was in good spirits. Fitzy who was last to join the ranks,looked switched on.

Tommy McD's corkie still looked as if there was still quite a bit of blood in the muscle.

The training looked like it was heading into typical Friday Session before a Sunday Game.

Pretty light and making sure everyone is fit.

At that point I decided to go home.

I hope someone can report on what happened after 11am

Edited by Chippy
  • Like 5

Strike me dead.

What price leadership?

TGP is a relative of mine but not me - another fail for your paranoia.

Notwithstanding, my views on this issue are probably closer to yours than those of TGP (if you might have cared to take notice). My own view expressed elsewhere is that if the club wants to regain the faith of supporters it needs to fix the apparent credibility issue over injuries once and for all and not string us along, as you say.

• Like 1

You're dreaming. You are a member yes. It doesn't entitle you to that much.

Sometimes the medical staff just don't know what is wrong with players.

Geez i hope you dont work at the Club. No wonder the AFL had to bail us out.

If member does not entitle to better information that is clearly BS then the Club fails another metric.

If the medical staff dont know whats wrong with a player particularly one thats been injured on and off for 3 years then we should sack them, recognise that another failed metric and employ competent doctors. We have already sacked one medical clown for dealing with Danks 12 months ago and potentially compromising players.

And playing it straight with supporters is saying in the papers if they really dont know "TBA" or "Indefinite" rather than 2-3 weeks which rolls over a period multiple times of that.

• Like 3

So many sour, sour people on this site.

Tragedy is, once in a while each one individually makes a sporadic attempt to be more positive, but gets dragged back into the pit within a couple of posts as someone else turns their comment into an excuse for a personal attack.

And the surliness at the club is remarkable.

• Like 7

Hang what is going on.

This is supposed to be a training report.

I was only there about 45min after having a knee procedure at AAMI park imaging centre.

Not many spectators in attendance.

The training didn't really get underway until after 10am

Misson called the boys into a huddle to talk about Match day.

The talk lasted about 10 min. There was a bit of back slapping going on.

Jetta was the point of concern I thought.

(Surely he hasn't been upgraded to the Senior List) Who would be in line for LTI.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Watts looked good moved well _ No compression bandage around the calf.

Dawes was running well.

Hogan didn't look too happy when he eventually turned up. He had a face like a smacked bottom as my mum would say.

Everyone was in good spirits. Fitzy who was last to join the ranks,looked switched on.

Tommy McD's corkie still looked as if there was still quite a bit of blood in the muscle.

The training looked like it was heading into typical Friday Session before a Sunday Game.

Pretty light and making sure everyone is fit.

At that point I decided to go home.

I hope someone can report on what happened after 11am

Gee you can see blood in muscles

Thanks for the report

• Like 1