DEMONLAND PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Demonland

6. N Jones .....yawn!

5. J Watts ..... When he gets it in his hands we look like breaking the game open

4. L Dunn..... Not beaten, and used the ball properly

3. M Jones..... Good ball finder, decision maker and user.

2. D Tyson..... For pushing through the game and getting the pill despite inexperienced errors

1. J Toumpas.....as per Tyson

So we've established that Deanox knows nothing about football. Toumpas, Spencer and Georgiou. My God.

Actually all we've established is that you're a [censored]. Put your own votes up and justify them.

Spencer played as our sole ruck all day, 40 (?) Hit outs, ran hard, made efforts to shepherd both sound the ball drop and in pay, used his body and actually kicked the thing when in hand. He may not have been a dominant player but not for lack of effort, and I rate effort more than polish.

Toumpas ran very hard all day, long runs regularly. Was often used as a target and fought hard, despite it not being his position, and he generally used it Ok. Was a solid game.

I have already said my assessment of Georgiou was based mostly on a few key plays that stood out and I didn't identify him stuff much up. Can you give some examples? The other options for 1 vote for Tyson (a lot of turn overs), trengove (who imo had no impact either), or Matt Jones (who was sold but unspectacular and I thought Georgiou's efforts stood out in my mind more).

Unless you have something worth while perhaps you may as well log off and go so where else.

• Like 3

6 N Jones, our best by a mile, super game. Relentless courage.

5 Watts

4 Dunn

3 Vince

2 Tyson

1 M. Jones

I must admit I was pretty shattered after last night.

However in the cold light of Sunday morning...

6: Jones N. In doing this, I long for the day when I can regularly give my top votes to another player.

5: Watts. Could well be this bloke if he keeps showing what he did last night!

4: Dunn. Maturity, courage and leadership, he's gone from bit player to essential.

3: Vince. More than just a pretty face and a great off season pick up, but needs to kick straight.

(Maybe a few lessons from Dunny and Wattsy would help).

2: Tyson. Good game, but for a couple of bad clangers could have been a great game.

(Refer comments re Watts).

1: Spencer. An elephant stamp for effort.

And by the by, did anyone see #38 at the game? He was listed to play!

Or did we play with just 17 men on the ground?

I reckon this is pretty well on the money re votes.

I have a concern, not that I don't admire N jones but, I don't like the way he puts his head under into the opposition to get a free kick. It is effective, if you want a free kick, but even if you don't think it's dangerous and unfair I think it is disadvantageous to us. It stops the game, stops our momentum and allows the opposition time to reset. I know he got a lot of possessions but I hope that's not why he is getting lots of votes. Just sayin

I have a concern, not that I don't admire N jones but, I don't like the way he puts his head under into the opposition to get a free kick. It is effective, if you want a free kick, but even if you don't think it's dangerous and unfair I think it is disadvantageous to us. It stops the game, stops our momentum and allows the opposition time to reset. I know he got a lot of possessions but I hope that's not why he is getting lots of votes. Just sayin

How is it disadvantageous to us? If we don't get the free kick, then it's a ball-up. Or worse, HTB to the opposition.

• Like 1

6. N Jones .....yawn!

5. J Watts ..... When he gets it in his hands we look like breaking the game open

4. L Dunn..... Not beaten, and used the ball properly

3. M Jones..... Good ball finder, decision maker and user.

2. D Tyson..... For pushing through the game and getting the pill despite inexperienced errors

1. J Toumpas.....as per Tyson

+ 1 with daylight inserted between votes 3 & 4

I pretty much agree. Best for us was either Jones or Watts. One opens the game up with fluidity and creativity, the other slams himself in with frequently ineffective hanging-on-too-long. I know which I think was, and is actually, even now, more valuable.

Watts is our future, he could win a Brownlow, he could tear apart a Grand Final with his superior skills. Whereas I think Jones is far easier countered, and on Saturday I don't think his contributions "turned to gold". Gotta love him, but he probably could look for the lightning handball to a team-mate more often. I mean, do you get excited when you see Jones get the ball, do you expect to see something happen? Just sayin too.

Thanks to everybody for your contributions. As usual, we've selected three posts at random and tallied your votes. The result is that Jack Watts leads Nathan Jones who is going for a three-peat in 2014.

16. Jack Watts

14. Nathan Jones

10. Dom Tyson

8. Bernie Vince

7. Lynden Dunn

3. Matt Jones

3. Jack Trengove

2. Jimmy Toumpas

Please note for future reference that you should always specify which Jones you are selecting if you pick those players to get votes.

After 5 years of being mauled, necked, jumped on, held without the pill, and any other offence you care to mention, TOTALLY ignored by the umps, Jonesy deserves every questionable free kick he gets.

Thanks to everybody for your contributions. As usual, we've selected three posts at random and tallied your votes. The result is that Jack Watts leads Nathan Jones who is going for a three-peat in 2014.

16. Jack Watts

14. Nathan Jones

10. Dom Tyson

8. Bernie Vince

7. Lynden Dunn

3. Matt Jones

3. Jack Trengove

2. Jimmy Toumpas

Please note for future reference that you should always specify which Jones you are selecting if you pick those players to get votes.

It's refreshing at least that the voting is keen, even in a loss.

There have been plenty of games over the past few seasons where voters have struggled to nominate someone beyond Nathan Jones.

16. Jack Watts

14. Nathan Jones

10. Dom Tyson

8. Bernie Vince

7. Lynden Dunn

3. Matt Jones

3. Jack Trengove

2. Jimmy Toumpas

I know you cop plenty of criticism for this system, but this result makes it clear why - there were an obvious top three players as indicated by the votes (N.Jones, Watts and Dunn), but because the votes were chosen at random, the results are not reflective of this.

• Like 1

After 5 years of being mauled, necked, jumped on, held without the pill, and any other offence you care to mention, TOTALLY ignored by the umps, Jonesy deserves every questionable free kick he gets.

I think that once our midfield structures improve he will find an "outlet" with a little more ease. However I squirm when Jones is described as elite as this is the one knock on his game. I will not criticise his endeavour, his heart, his continual ability to leave nothing on the park - he is an absolute gem. Watch an elite footballer called Pendlebury - in heavy traffic his hands are pure magic - they are ultra quick and on most occasions when he grabs the ball he has got it out in a split second. Jonesy will often try to bullock his way through the congestion and get wrapped up causing a secondary stoppage.

I love Jonesy with a passion and if he can improve this area of the game ( and to a certain extent he needs good outlets to help him) then he will rise to the next level.

• Like 2