Frawley wants to know...

Undeeterred

I doubt Chip will be with us next year. We have been theough this charade before.

I don't blame him. Playing in defence for the MFC would pisz me off too.

Being a RFA The club has the ability to trade for a replacement(Better) player.

It's Free Agency. I no longer hold emotional ties.

I just want flags.

That view is understandable. But there has to be a limit for supporters somewhere. To illustrate what I mean by an extreme example, I would take no joy in a 2014 flag if the entire MFC team was replaced tomorrow by Hawthorn players. Would anyone?

I doubt Chip will be with us next year. We have been theough this charade before.

I just want flags.

You mean with Watts?

FMD.

Frawley has not come out bleating to the media, pleading for patience as he makes his mind up.

He's quietly gone about his craft & this has been let slip by JM.

No "prepping the AFL public for the inevitable."

Put down the pitchforks FFS.

As a leader, he should be wanting to drive the change, not waiting to see if it happens.

Great post. The club has made significant changes off field and has recruited well. The players are running out of excuses. Paul Roos won't be around forever, the senior players need to set the tone not a first year player.

Restricted free agent

We will match any offer for him

Nothing to worry about

Personally I can't wait until the trade and draft rumours thread to kick off this year.

You'll do your best work with Frawley, I'm sure.

So "until he knows the direction of the club" is the convenient excuse to get him through to mid year until he can then postpone until the end of the year. Funny thing is I don't think it's about money as we can surely offer as much as any other club. If it's about success he should realise that leaving doesn't guarantee him anything. Look at Moloney, McLean or Rivers. They haven't won a flag and Rivers was awful in the finals last year.

If we can't convince Frawley that things are improving then I don't see how we will ever convince enough players to play good footy. They should already feel like things have improved. Of course they will be jaded about results but come round 1 they have to run out there feeling like they will crush the saints.

Also whenever journo's quote 8 coaches in 8 years it makes me sick because it's such a cheap way to make something sound shocking.

None of us know for sure but I would be surprised if it was the case of a convenient excuse. Things are still a little unsettled at the club, not knowing who the next coach will be after the talk of the players having a settled future knowing what's ahead of them. And not knowing the CEO. If Roos and Jackson commit to 2016 then things will be a lot more settled.

As for the journos it might be a cheap way to make something sound shocking but it doesn't change the fact that it has been shocking...

You guys are missing the point.

Someone quoted Chip saying he "bleeds red and blue" and was enjoying being a leader, as reasons he would stay.

No I got the point the point I was making was that Beamer did bleed red and blue and would still be there if it were not for Neeld. U remember him Mr Approachable/Personality!!

I just want flags.

An admirable stance with one aspect I can't overlook - this 'charade' was not a 'charade' when Jack Watts did it last year.

As you note, the Free Agnecy Era has begun and that means that October is the power month of the year, as clubs and players have to wait until then to negotiate (or do it a year in advance like Ablett and Scully).

This means that waiting and delaying talks is the future and more and more players will be doing this. The renewal of contracts months before they have finished is foreign to most salary cap and draft regulated sports. It is very rare in the NFL and the NBA.

And emotional ties are fine, as long as one doesn't prematurely burn those ties because a Demon isn't re-signing on blind faith 8 months before his contract ends.

Should have traded him for a top midfielder last year, the Hawks will replace Lake with Frawley and go on there merry way, the competitions a shitfull disgrace these days and barely worth following, the Hawks have one 9 flags since Iv been alive it hardly seems fair.

My dad plays golf with Danny Frawley, well at least at the same club. Danny told him, that James being a country boy is very loyal to the team that gave him a shot, however his dream is deep finals football. If he sees any possibility of playing it with Melbourne he'll stick around for life, but if there's no progression he won't risk his dream for a team who in 7 years has really not delivered.

I am perfectly fine with this opinion, and in the same position I would do the same.

He's stood up for alot of blokes in the last 7 years, and it's time for them to repay him. If they do that, he'll be a dee for life.

• Like 12

My dad plays golf with Danny Frawley, well at least at the same club. Danny told him, that James being a country boy is very loyal to the team that gave him a shot, however his dream is deep finals football. If he sees any possibility of playing it with Melbourne he'll stick around for life, but if there's no progression he won't risk his dream for a team who in 7 years has really not delivered.

I am perfectly fine with this opinion, and in the same position I would do the same.

He's stood up for alot of blokes in the last 7 years, and it's time for them to repay him. If they do that, he'll be a dee for life.

This was about 3 or 4 weeks ago however, and any conversations in that period of time I have no idea about. Given how he seems to be off the field and leadership group etc, I can't see it would've changed.

• Like 1

Brought this up a while ago in regards to chip. One of his close mates was playing footy up my way and he mentioned that money was never an issue for Frawley it was all about on field improvement and the direction of the club. So im not surprised he has put of contract talks.

We must improve this year or its bye bye chip.

• Like 3

I think we all need to understand that all these guys are professional athletes and bigger prizes are a goal they all chase.

Lucky the supporters don't feel that way otherwise it would be goodbye Melbourne.

Should have traded him for a top midfielder last year, the Hawks will replace Lake with Frawley and go on there merry way, the competitions a shitfull disgrace these days and barely worth following, the Hawks have one 9 flags since Iv been alive it hardly seems fair.

But the yellow and browns still have not matched our record - 10 flags in 26 years(1939-64).

How sick of us the rest of the competition must have been!

Oh let it be so again!

Lucky the supporters don't feel that way otherwise it would be goodbye Melbourne.

Supporters do feel that way, which is why we lost thousands upon thousands of supporters in the 70s and early 80s and now after 2007.

• Like 2

But the yellow and browns still have not matched our record - 10 flags in 26 years(1939-64).

How sick of us the rest of the competition must have been!

Oh let it be so again!

This is all the aftermath of 186, they should listen to what the players told them , they sacked Bailey and extended that weasel Schwabs contract , then they decide to hire some halfwit that one 3 flags at Ocean Grove and they wonder why they can't hold players, these days it's very rare to have guys like Jones and Garland on your lists and probably add Trengove as well, loyal players are hard to find and who can blame chip after the last 7 years. Edited by mjt

You mean with Watts?

FMD.

Frawley has not come out bleating to the media, pleading for patience as he makes his mind up.

He's quietly gone about his craft & this has been let slip by JM.

No "prepping the AFL public for the inevitable."

Put down the pitchforks FFS.

No need for swearing Machsy. You are answering my posts again rudely.

I was thinking more of the Rivers $cully scenario actually.

Chip has wanted out for at least 2 years. People on here rate him higher than i do.

If he wants out let him go. The club has the ability to trade hard ball because he is restricted Free Agent. Use it to advantage.

• Like 1

In all honesty I can see why he wants to see the direction of the club before he re-signs.

Each and every year he gets a solid workout down back with little midfield support. I find it perfectly understandable.

I hope for ours and his sakes the club has a good year and that he enjoys the atmosphere and enjoys playing.

If it all goes well I can see him re-signing.

OK, lets run a poll on how many pages and replies this topic is going to run for, especially if he leaves.

I can't believe the Scully one is still going after over 2 1/2 years and 339 pages and 8450 posts.

OK, lets run a poll on how many pages and replies this topic is going to run for, especially if he leaves.

I can't believe the Scully one is still going after over 2 1/2 years and 339 pages and 8450 posts.

216 pages

4961 posts

baggs thats mine

• Like 1

No need for swearing Machsy. You are answering my posts again rudely.

I was thinking more of the Rivers $cully scenario actually.

Chip has wanted out for at least 2 years. People on here rate him higher than i do.

If he wants out let him go. The club has the ability to trade hard ball because he is restricted Free Agent. Use it to advantage.

What advantage another draft pick, there's no advantage for free agency when your a poorly run club.
  • Like 1