• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NAB Challenge 2 - Melbourne v Geelong

Whispering_Jack

Getting back onto topic, namely selecting a team for this Friday's match where we are destrined to cause an upset:

B: Georgiou, Frawley Dunn
HB: Grimes McDonald Terlich

C: Watts Jones Toumpas

HF: Howe, Dawes, Trengove

F: JKH, Hogan, Fitzpatrick

Foll: Gawn, Vince, Tyson

Bench: Strauss Viney, Mitchie Cross

Subs: Salem, Bail

Edited by CBDees

Getting back onto topic, namely this Friday's match where we are destrined to cause an upset:

B:Strauss Frawley Dunn

Grimes McDonald Cross

Trengove Vince, Jones

Howe, Dawes, Toumpas

JKH, Hogan, Fitzpatrick

Gawn, Michie, Tyson

Bench: Georgiou, Bail, Terlich, Viney, Kent

I'm sure Watts will be playing but I don't think Dawes will be.

I'm sure Watts will be playing but I don't think Dawes will be.

I would hate to see Pedersen replace Dawes, so maybe slot Bail into the pocket?

HF: Howe, Fitzpatrick Trengove

F: JKH, Hogan, Bail

Subs: Salem, Kent

Edited by CBDees

I don't think this applies to a fit Gawn. He has shown in some games an admirable intensity around the ground, and in a good mark in general play (especially up forward) and is not a bad kick for someone so big. Personally if he can keep on the park I think he is by far our best option, and will only get better with experience.

I agree with you in part, he has shown some ability to get the ball around the ground. The trouble is getting him on the park and him having the tank to run out a game when he is.

• Like 1

I would hate to see Pedersen replace Dawes, so maybe slot Bail into the pocket?

HF: Howe, Fitzpatrick Trengove

F: JKH, Hogan, Bail

Subs: Salem, Kent

Although I like your sentiment, we are getting dangerously small. It is asking a lot of Fitz to play CHF (a high energy and energy sapping running position at the best of times, let alone in 35 degree heat), and second ruck. Further, Gawn, although in my view the best option, has had a limited pre season and will certainly not ruck all day. I would think he will be on the ball only half the time.

Pederson is an option of course, but may be it would be better to have Hogan at CHF and fitz and max change at full forward which is not as demanding physically and they are both highly suited to that position. I agree with you, Bail was admirable against the Tigers, and deserves to keep his spot. Maybe change Kent for Pederson to cover if anything happens to any of our talls.

Apart from that, i think it is a pretty good side, and might, just might, give the Cats some grief.

Interested to see if the same effort we put in against Richmond, adding Watts, Viney, Dawes and Hogan to the side and conditions we are used to up north will be enough to get us over the line, i think it will be a very tight game, at least for 3 quarters.

Dawes won't play, according to a news report. Hopefully its wrong.

Why am I not surprised Redleg?

We must have close to the biggest crock forwards in the comp.

Not sure how we manage this but seemingly every time we spend up big we get small return on the park.

Edited by old dee

Not sure how we manage this but seemingly every time we spend up big we get small return on the park.

Don't worry OD. Shannon Byrnes will tear it up as a small forward and kick us to victory.

• Like 1

It's been going on for some little time, "Diamond Jim" and Templeton being early such classics.

Its not about the injuries for mine. Its no surprise Chris Dawes is not fit.

I cant see why (financial) supporters cant be fully informed of when players are realistically expected back.

I can understand playing your cards close in big games but MFC isnt known for keeping us up to date about how the players are going, fitness wise.

was there a time when it hasnt been this way? Nup, so its at least consistent.

Are other clubs being kept in the dark by our "ready to go" lists? Not likely.

I cant see why (financial) supporters cant be fully informed of when players are realistically expected back.

I can understand playing your cards close in big games but MFC isnt known for keeping us up to date about how the players are going, fitness wise.

I suggest you take an interest in one or two other clubs.

They are all the same.

I have mates who support the Pies, Dogs, Hawks and Carlton.

All have the same complaint.

It always mystify's me this game they all play.

I struggle to see where telling pork pies on fitness etc gains an advantage.

• Like 2

I don't think it's done for any tactical benefit, I think it's done just out of respect for the injured player and for the professionals treating him.

All we know so far is Dawes had some ice on a calf after the practice match. It could be that he tore the calf, or a small strain or no strain at all just tightness. Likely that means getting a scan which takes time, then if there isn't a tear seeing if it settles and so on I'm not a physio I don't know.

Once the club get a proper diagnosis and understand how long things will take to get better they have been reasonable publicly stating the injury and time frame. Things went a bit quiet on Clark with his hammy I'll give you that much but at the moment he truly is indefinite. If Dawes doesn't play Friday then I would expect a public statement at some stage detailing something with the prognosis of the injury.

I'm not sure we need NFL style injury updates after every training with players listed as doubtful, questionable or probably at all times. Especially in preseason at least.

• Like 1