Mebbe.

But at least a certain poster should get their facts right.

Maybe it's you.

My source is impeccable about the truth.

NM were soooo keen to keep him that they were only prepared to trade him for.....uh..oh...Gysberts.

I have no doubt he would have wanted to leave.

IIRC Petersen wasn't getting many games under Brad Scott at North. It's logical that he wanted to leave in those circumstances. So it's likely both views are right. He wasn't in the coach's favour and North were quite happy to let him go and Pedersen saw the writing on the wall and was happy to leave.

IIRC Petersen wasn't getting many games under Brad Scott at North. It's logical that he wanted to leave in those circumstances. So it's likely both views are right. He wasn't in the coach's favour and North were quite happy to let him go and Pedersen saw the writing on the wall and was happy to leave.

I don't think it was because the coach didn't like him. I just think they had four better tall forwards and a settled backline.

I think that this is the way clubs should recruit players willing to leave other clubs. Look for clubs with excess players of a certain type, where potentially good AFL players can't get a game because there are too many similar players at that club.

A classic example was Sydney picking up Kennedy from Hawthorn , who had a surfeit of midfielders.

I'm not saying Pedersen is a star, but he could still be a very good player and not displace some of those North forwards.

Then it would be hard to do well in the disjointed rabble that the Demons were last year.

I don't think the issue is that we recruited him but the length of his contract. I'm hoping the reported 3 year deal is one where the third year is dependent on performance criteria of the second year. That would seem logical in the circumstances.

As for him ducking his head I'm in the camp that says he didn't go when it was his turn. If I'm right the damning thing is the situation didn't look all that dangerous.

It will be interesting to see what he produces under Roos. He reads the play ok and marks well so if Roos can find a role for him where he plays to those strengths he's not without a chance. But I'm not really a believer.

Scott's arrogance got the better of him and he thought he could develop Gysberts into a player.

What he didn't take into account in Gysberts was a poor attitude and laziness.

Pedo will work harder and prove to be a good swap.

yep,i think he has something to offer also

Scott's arrogance got the better of him and he thought he could develop Gysberts into a player.

What he didn't take into account in Gysberts was a poor attitude and laziness.

He probably also believed that Melbourne's player development was to blame, but as we can clearly see about 90% of the issues come from recruiting and the rest development.

I'm currently watching the season from start to finish, very tough watch, up to round 6 now. And just to clarify to those who hang onto that one duck of the head, pedo is not soft. If anything he is reckless. He regularly hurts opposition players by using his size to just crash through. The next 16 games might change my mind but I can see cam becoming a usual player for Melbourne.

I'm currently watching the season from start to finish, very tough watch, up to round 6 now. And just to clarify to those who hang onto that one duck of the head, pedo is not soft. If anything he is reckless. He regularly hurts opposition players by using his size to just crash through. The next 16 games might change my mind but I can see cam becoming a usual player for Melbourne.

You actually watched the Port, Essendon and most of West Coast games.

You sir deserve a medal for bravery.

As for Pedo, you'd say 10 games this year would be a good result for both he and club.

As for Pedo, you'd say 10 games this year would be a good result for both he and club.

I enjoyed watching port last year.

It's not all horrible, there was 20 minutes against gws where we kicked 12 goals..... Actually, that's it. That's all I've seen that wasn't painful

• 1 month later...

Pedo did back into a pack last night without any concern for his own well being but the bloke needs to lay off the Burger King. In any other era, he would be approaching Mick Nolan status.

Neeld's recruitment of dad's army second-handers just showed you the guy couldn't pick talent from the phone-book.

That said, Pedo put his body on the line in a NAB Challenge first rounder. Even though he aint in my first 22, he gets a gig if he puts his body on the line regularly.

Super-hands named a hotel after him by the way.

Given Garland's absence, we may need another tall in Defence. Georgiou is a real find I believe, and although he plays tall and tough he is only 187cm. Dunn is 193cm (or thereabouts) but is more value as a running long kicking half back (when we get our forward line) than a tall stopper in the BP. Pederson is the logical choice to take the second tall forward. I think he showed enough on Friday night to do an adequate job until Garland returns. He certainly appears fitter and more bulked up than in the past , and has a long kick on him as was seen by his super goal.

Although I am not a huge fan, I think where we are up against a tall forward line (as Geelong and Hawthorn will be) I think we have little choice but to play him as our second tall back. If he prospers, then we have added depth, and the Roos magic has worked yet again. If he doesn't, he plays a bit part for the rest of the time on our list. It is what it is. No point in continually complaining about it.

• Like 1

Pedo did back into a pack last night without any concern for his own well being but the bloke needs to lay off the Burger King. In any other era, he would be approaching Mick Nolan status.

You are right Colin in the 70s Cam would have actually been tall enough to be a ruckman as Mick was, but would need a torch to find his way out of Mick's shadow who was just one cm taller but roughly 40kg heavier (135kg). Imagine rocking up to Roosys first day of pre-season at that weight. Guessing his 3km time wasn't too flash

Mick also had one of footballs great nicknames; the Galloping Gasometer

He got slightly more than a handful of touches and did nothing memorable with them. Back up tallish utility at absolute best.

He got slightly more than a handful of touches and did nothing memorable with them. Back up tallish utility at absolute best.

. Except drill a 9 pointer from 60 metres that kept us in touch at s time when the tiges were threatening to kick away

. Except drill a 9 pointer from 60 metres that kept us in touch at s time when the tiges were threatening to kick away

Sadly, the ability to kick a 60 metre set shot does not in itself warrant game time. I seem to remember Michael Newton taking mark of the year, and look how that turned out. Edited by Webber