Fancy winning dummy of the year on January the 1st, well done bright spark.

not everyone can be a genius like you oh one that tears everyone else to make yourself feel better about yourself, i have known a few people like you, normally they are tosses

Anyone have any footage to the SS approach on Dipper?

If anyone has they're not Melbourne supporters unless they're total and utter masochists. We lost that grand final by what was then a record margin for a grand final of 96 points.

On players pulling out of contests, one thing that hasn't been mentioned here is the effect that this has on the team overall and that's almost as much of a negative than the act itself.

However, I think there are few players who could say they haven't felt fear on a football field or felt the instinct for self-preservation at some time in their careers. Some are better able to disguise it than others and we don't always know the circumstances of what happens on the ground.

If it happens once in a career then I'm willing to give the player the benefit of the doubt but there are others who get away with it for their entire careers. One well known player for a leading club was such an outside player that when the going got tough, you'd find him in Brunton Avenue.

Stretcher played long enough and well enough to get the benefit of the doubt and Pedo should also be given his chance of redemption.

• Like 1

I think the ducking the head thing has overtaken this thread. Pedersen needs to work harder, and involve himself more as a team player. At the moment he plays as an individual and goes when it suits him. As 'Robbie' and 'old dee' say his is a VFL level player, he needs a big shift to be anything more than that. At 27 the clock is more than ticking.

Pedo....... as they say, you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter! ;)

Mythbusters showed that this old saying is indeed a myth; they did polish a turd!

lets stop digging up the past, not too many of our beloved team covered themselves in glory last year, this year will determine if they are going to be afl players or not, new coach, new attitude, a lot of new players. if they dont measure up, then there will be a lot more new players in Demon colors come draft time.

My daily care factor determines my output. You won't be surprised to learn that it won't be governed by you, or anyone else.

Although I'm flattered that you and others get so agitated by my offerings that they feel the need to enter the fray when it doesn't concern you.

I clearly occupy your thoughts far more than you mine.

This here is where your posting ceases to have anything to do with football opinion or discussion, and is solely about pathetically beating your chest, and stroking your own ego.

There's a large element of subcutaneous self-loathing involved here too.

It's just sad, really.

You should go have yourself a holiday.

This here is where your posting ceases to have anything to do with football opinion or discussion, and is solely about pathetically beating your chest, and stroking your own ego.

It's just sad, really.

Not a fan ?

It's just sad, really.

Not a fan ?

Like both of these!

I'm struggling with the fact that a VFL player somehow got a 3 year contract.

It is just another piece of rubbish perpetuated on here, Pedo has been at the Club during a period which ranks, by general consensus, as one of the worst, I am willing to give him a pre season under Roos, if he doesn't get games then I don't think he will be at the Club next year, for me he is a good solid backup forward or defender.

We had to "overpay" to get anyone to join us at the end of 2012, we lost a lot of ordinary players who didn't work hard enough, and replaced them with a mixture of older ordinary players who were here to set an example and kids. Pedo falls in between and he has the chance to really set himself up as a first 22 player, or an average vfl/depth player. Truth is, he will never get a better chance than having roos incoming as head coach and surrounded by genuine development coaches. Whilst he has his flaws, he deserves a chance to improve in the same manner as Strauss, blease, tapscott and bail. If they don't, 2015 will be out playing for minyip/murtoa in the Horsham league.

We had to "overpay" to get anyone to join us at the end of 2012, we lost a lot of ordinary players who didn't work hard enough, and replaced them with a mixture of older ordinary players who were here to set an example and kids. Pedo falls in between and he has the chance to really set himself up as a first 22 player, or an average vfl/depth player. Truth is, he will never get a better chance than having roos incoming as head coach and surrounded by genuine development coaches. Whilst he has his flaws, he deserves a chance to improve in the same manner as Strauss, blease, tapscott and bail. If they don't, 2015 will be out playing for minyip/murtoa in the Horsham league.

Thats rubbish we had to overpay to a VFL player from another club.

If they had done the investigation on the player from his time at Box Hill and NM, they might have detected that he was ranked ordinary and selfish. I am not sure how he was to set "an example" for younger players. His 1st round squib dealt with that.

He is 27 this year so Roos will be a genius extracting further "development" from a very limited footballer.

I dont know why you think we can jettison him in 2015 given we have mysteriously given at best a depth player a 3 year deal.

Thats rubbish we had to overpay to a VFL player from another club.

If they had done the investigation on the player from his time at Box Hill and NM, they might have detected that he was ranked ordinary and selfish. I am not sure how he was to set "an example" for younger players. His 1st round squib dealt with that.

He is 27 this year so Roos will be a genius extracting further "development" from a very limited footballer.

I dont know why you think we can jettison him in 2015 given we have mysteriously given at best a depth player a 3 year deal.

Hasn't he built a reputation as a coach doing exactly that?

I refuse to write Pedersen off after 1 season under Mark Neeld.

Yes but I refuse to write him on after he was recruited to be a tall forward/back up ruck and was miles off in terms of ability both skill wise and athletically to contribute at that position. Not only that but we gave him a 3 year deal as well.

At least now he gets a full preseason aiming to improve for his best fit as a back up key defender and might prove some what capable in that job. Which would put him way ahead of Gysberts. Unfortunately he's not out of contract and playing for his career right away.

Hasn't he built a reputation as a coach doing exactly that?

No, he (with his team) picked players he thought were starved of opportunity, had a bit of ability, a willingness to work hard and were somewhere around the 22 - 25 yo mark. This player wasn't picked by him, hasn't shown a capacity for work and is about to turn 27.