• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - DOM TYSON

angrydee

Look, if he plays like he did at junior days in the afl he is EXACTLY what we need - strong in close with good disposal.

Aish and Kelly - the players we were likely to target with #2 - are more outside runners.

If we are able to secure, with 9, Billings we get that outside ability with ability to develop an inside game, if it's Crouch we get another ball-hunter.

Billings' last two years playing in the state champs have been so exciting. I can't see him sliding to 9, but you never know...

He reminds me of Robbie Gray from Port; a natural footballer who can read the play intuitively, play forward and also push through the midfield and win clearances.

Tyson is the closest player to Pendlebury currently running around. Here's hoping he's over his injuries.

No. 29 in this short under age clip. You'll see his mate no. 7 (Viney) too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpy4mj2Zqhc

Wow, that is impressive. Puts the ball, by both hand and foot, to the advantage of the player receiving it. Not a lot of that happening in Melbourne sides of late

Also seems to have a left footers accuracy which, in combination with Vince, will help delivery to feed the triumvirate of terror

Nice goal from on the fifty too

If Dom can repeat this sort of game on the G it will be happy days for us Melbourne supporters

• Like 2

Tyson is the closest player to Pendlebury currently running around. Here's hoping he's over his injuries.

Well balanced with time, good in close, uses the ball well and opens the game out for his teammates. The same things I noticed on the highlights reel from GWS. I get the Pendles comparison.

Sheed embarrassed Vic Country, made their whole midfield look second rate.

It's just a shame that he done his collarbone, we would've learned a lot more than we currently know about Dom.

The year before Ollie Wines dominated the champs, this year it was Sheed.

They were too good for Vic country but you have to look at more than the stat sheet. My guess is you've only seen that game as well. I'm sure the recruiters would have seen a lot of Sheed and we will have to rely on their knowledge.

'Pennant' maybe able to give us a more balanced view as he keeps a good eye on the local players in Perth.

McKenzie is in half of the proposed sides and left out of the others. Surely with our recent acquisitions he will struggle to get game time. We now look to be in a position that barring injury spots must be earned.

Maybe, maybe with stronger more skilled players around him he will be able to revert to what he does best - hard tagging.

??

What I really like the look of with Tyson is his inherent balance over and with the ball. Keeps his feet beautifully and enables a second chance at the ball as well as giving him the ability to thread through packs. We haven't had many of these really balanced players in the last few years. Looks pretty strong overhead as well. (These observations are made from the very limited number of clips we have of him.)

Has some Hodge similarities. Maybe running and kicking style.

• Like 2

I'd be lying if I said I've seen heaps of Tyson. But the fact that 2 years ago he was pick #3 and now has the advantage of two years in the system, sounds like we landed somebody who can make immediate impact, but more importantly, can make long term and lasting impact because of their age and quality.

That we got pick #9 back just means we can go into next year with a much better balance of young developing mids, and ones that have had some development in their body to withstand the heat week in week out.

To think that next year we can have a starting midfield of Jones, Viney (now in his third season really), Tyson (3rd season), Toump (2nd season), Michie (3rd season)+ Pick 9, that is worlds away from what we had going this year.

The best thing about it all is that we haven't compromised our long term future success by going for short term solutions, and aging stars.

Jaded, well said. I think you make a very significant point. This is not a rebuild from the bottom. Our recruiting here I think is typical Paul Roos. He looks first and foremost for talent, and those who will fit into his gameplay , and then how they can fill gaps in our list. Our obvious weakness is our midfield, but rather than going for "the best in class" (Kelly, Aishe) he has opted for those who are highly talented, but have grunt and are hard insiders (Tyson, Michie, Vince), and have at least some experience.

This has been quite remarkable recruiting. The best I can remember from the MFC. We will have a very competitive side next year.

The club must have a pretty good idea who'll be available at pick 9, but on the surface I reckon we've paid overs. Losing pick 20 is the kick in the guts. There have been plenty of guns picked up in the 20+ plus range - Shuey, Beams, Sloane, Redden, etc. etc.

That said, I'm delighted to get Tyson, Michie, pick 9, who should be a gun, and hopefully Vince. Nathan Jones will be getting far more support than he's used to in 2014 and there is genuine hope as we move forward. the team on paper at least will start looking bloody good.

Fan, your lovechild won't be getting a game next year.

Another way of looking at it is that all of those guys would still be available at pick 9 as well, including Shuey who was taken at 18 and thus wouldn't be available at 20 or 22, as I think the pick has ended up being. The trick is identifying the talent and then developing it properly, with fingers crossed that they don't suffer a career hampering injury. There are no guarantees,just a higher likelihood of success the higher the pick, with a few strange ones thrown up, such as pick 6 for example, until possibly recently.

It will come down to how successful Tyson and who we pick at 9, up against who GWS pick at 2 and 20. As GWS probably won't use their pick in the seventies on a new player we could gain an advantage by picking up a Paul Puopolo or Alex Johnson with pick 57, unlikely in the modern era to get a good player here, but who knows. Time is the only way we will know who won or lost on this one. We still don't even know which players the clubs are taking with their respective picks.

Written in a Herald Sun article in today's paper that the MFC strongly believe that if Tyson was available in this year's draft, he'd be the clear #2 selection behind Tom Boyd.

Make of that what you will........................

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Which is why I am so happy with the ability to land Tyson along with pick 9 which will also see us snag another midfield player. Tyson looks amazing in close, has the ability to give off the perfect handball, strong overhead mark and exceptional in traffic and a tall big bodied mid. Exactly what we need going forward.

To some extent I beleieve the injuries he has sustained and the lack of games he has contributed in has played in our favor. This has really limited his development and ability to make an established name for himself, which allowed for us to get him and pick 9 for 2 and 20.

Edited by juzzk1d
  • Like 1

Looks strong through the middle and seems to have a knack of staying very upright (possibly drawing parallels between he and Pendlebury). Looks to have time, awareness and solid disposal. Couldn't ask for any more than that. Welcome aboard.

• Like 2

Funny how Sydney, when Paul Roos was in charged recruited a kid called Josh Kennedy who had only played 13 games with the Hawks and battled soft tissue injuries and couldn't break into the line up, went on to then become one of the best Inside Mids in the competition.

Tyson has played 13 games, battled a bit of injury and plays the same role as Kennedy..

Connect the dots??

• Like 6

Can see why he went at 3. Strong and clean in tight.

Composed in traffic, classy disposal when he has it on the outside.

Decent overhead.

The only think he really lacks is a decent burst of speed, but you can't have everything.

At first I thought the HS's Simon Black comparisons were ridiculous, but on reflection they're not really that far off the mark.

Finds space and time in tight, despite not being very quick, classy disposal.

Tyson has a lot of tools to work with, and will plug some serious holes in our midfield.

The only thing with this kid is getting him to do it on a consistent basis.

Funny how Sydney, when Paul Roos was in charged recruited a kid called Josh Kennedy who had only played 13 games with the Hawks and battled soft tissue injuries and couldn't break into the line up, went on to then become one of the best Inside Mids in the competition.

Tyson has played 13 games, battled a bit of injury and plays the same role as Kennedy..

Connect the dots??

Same height too.

• Like 1

They were too good for Vic country but you have to look at more than the stat sheet. My guess is you've only seen that game as well. I'm sure the recruiters would have seen a lot of Sheed and we will have to rely on their knowledge.

'Pennant' maybe able to give us a more balanced view as he keeps a good eye on the local players in Perth.

Seen very little of Sheed he is hard at it and a good player who will play from Round 1 next year. Hard to judge the effect he will have at the next level, stood out in the colts with his ball winning ability and I wanted to have a real good look at him after the championships but with the broken collarbone and already having the knowledge he would go first round Subiaco put him in cotton wool for the season as they had no chance of making finals.

Stevie Armstrong is his coach at Subiaco Colts. On what Iittle I saw of Sheed I would describe him as almost a carbon copy of Matt Priddis, only he has a better kick. Speed could be a question mark but has excellent hands and is better around goal than Priddis

• Like 1

Looks like the complete midfielder, smart and composed, good ball user with pace. One thing that really caught my eye from his highlights was how fast he disposes of the ball when under pressure, instead of being tackled. I had never seen him play, but I am excited at what we have landed.

Let's hope Tyson, Vince, Viv and our pick 9(Bontempelli/Lennon) can have a big impact in 2014

Written in a Herald Sun article in today's paper that the MFC strongly believe that if Tyson was available in this year's draft, he'd be the clear #2 selection behind Tom Boyd.

Make of that what you will........................

He is way better than anyone from this draft, including Boyd.