Blease and Tappy on the table ...

Bingo

Gilbert Gardiner

Dees will be heavily involved over the next few days, room to move and have a couple likely types Blease, Tapscott on the table

1:07 PM

I posted this in another thread, but thought it deserved its own topic...

What do people think we could get for them?

On the table as they ought to be. Not doing a lot at the MFC

Gilbert Gardiner

Dees will be heavily involved over the next few days, room to move and have a couple likely types Blease, Tapscott on the table

1:07 PM

I posted this in another thread, but thought it deserved its own topic...

What do people think we could get for them?

A gold pass at crown , two packets of crisps and some breathing room on the list.

in a nutshell....not a lot !!

Would not be keen on seeing them leave.

They both have something we need. Blease with his electric pace and Tappscott being as hard as nails. Both have had less than adequate coaching and development IMO and I believe they will flourish under Roos if given the opportunity.

• Like 8

Could their value get any lower than it is right now? I'm not against trading them, but continually trading away players when their value is at its lowest just continues the cycle.

None of the players have gone on to perform at other clubs.

Rivers and Moloney excluded, but both performed her anyway and were FA.

Rivers was a gun for MFC.

• Like 1

Could their value get any lower than it is right now? I'm not against trading them, but continually trading away players when their value is at its lowest just continues the cycle.

The alternative is keeping them, which is also continuing the cycle if they don't add value.

• Like 7

Would not be keen on seeing them leave.

They both have something we need. Blease with his electric pace and Tappscott being as hard as nails. Both have had less than adequate coaching and development IMO and I believe they will flourish under Roos if given the opportunity.

I tend to agree with this

Blease may have some trade value but Tapscott probably none.

Better off seeing what they can achieve under the new Roos regime rather than putting them out for scavengers on hard rubbish night

Edit Blease not auto correct Blasé

Edited by fndee
  • Like 1

I tend to agree with this

Blasé may have some trade value but Tapscott probably none.

Better off seeing what they can achieve under the new Roos regime rather than putting them out for scavengers on hard rubbish night

Thats probably the fall back position should no one bite but with Blease you have a 1 to 1-1/2 trick pony that puts in cameos and the other a man mountain that like a mountain doesnt do a lot .

Sometimes the space inside the garage is worth more than the stuff you put on the kerb.

That is because they were not good enough in the first place.

Blease and Tapscott have produced next to nothing more than the odd quarter in the odd game.

If you look at our list there are about 5 -6 players that are not touchable.

The rest I would trade for the right deal.

The last two years has shown that the majority are not AFL standard and are taking us nowhere.

• Like 2

Standalone trade - not much value, but they could offer a genuine sweetener to a bigger deal with the right club who sees some value based on an assumption of poor development at MFC, more so than say Strauss, Jetta and Bail who have zero value.

• Like 6

Thats probably the fall back position should no one bite but with Blease you have a 1 to 1-1/2 trick pony that puts in cameos and the other a man mountain that like a mountain doesnt do a lot .

Sometimes the space inside the garage is worth more than the stuff you put on the kerb.

Spot on BB!

Blease could be a replacement roommate for Scully in some sort of deal for Shiel?

Although if that isn't an option I'd prefer to keep him, he goes and we become 50% slower.

I wonder if Richmond are still into Tapscott, give us Nahas in return. Not that I rate him, but he's more use to us than Tapscott.

I'll be the first to ask - who exactly is this "Gilbert Gardiner" character. Reputable or what?

Tapscott would be no loss - a shame because I was elated when we drafted him and even more elated when he was near BOG on debut. Just too slow.

Blease I would rather see hang around for one more year. He was starting to look pretty good in 2012 but has stagnated again.

• Like 1

The alternative is keeping them, which is also continuing the cycle if they don't add value.

Like I said, I'm not against trading them, but what I said stands. It's more a lament that every year we seem to have a few bits of slop left that we hope to trade once it's clear to everyone that they have not a lot to give. Case in point is Jamar. Old's sweetener idea is the most palatable with Blease and Tapscott.

Anyhow, I understand that getting on the front foot and trading guys while they still have value is often unpopular (Woey, TJ) and can sometimes backfire (Bishop, Jolly), but the time for fist-pumping at hearing Blease or Tapscott's name on the trade table was 1-2 years ago.