• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Miller joins Roos' coaching panel

MadAsHell

Miller time for Demons as ex-forward returns

I don't quite understand this. Dean Bailey was the coach of the club when Miller was delisted, Junior was retired and Bruce decided to go to Hawthorn. He also coached the club in the following season and all three events were seen as a mistake during 2011 well before Mark Neeld took up the coaching reins.

The historical revisionism that abounds today is nothing short of appalling.

Everyday in everyway another Journo f*#@!s it up !!

I think what a lot of people need to do is cast their suppositions and assumptions, prejudices and biases to the four winds and look at the event on its merits.

Paul Roos ( in whom we trust lol ) who has a record of picking reasonably sound types thinks the lad ( BM) has some , no, not some, many , redeeming qualities and despite having have had no coaching experience to date has something that warrants hiring him in a newbie development role. Roos likes grooming and developing people. His track record isnt too shabby. Lets see how it goes, big of us huh !!! lol

• Like 1

Miller was an excellent clubman, while never a great player and did frustrate the living hell out of most of us, he was never questioned in his commitment to the Dees.

He was, and I imagine still is a very hard worker, had true leadership and has Paul Roos' backing now which is more than enough for me.

Personally he was always a favourite of mine and I spent huge amounts of time defending him on here, so I love this move.

Welcome home Brad :) !!!

• Like 2

Couldn't mark, couldn't kick .

I thought he had Stewie Lowe hands, was a great contested mark, his kicking I used to pray for, proof there is no god because everyone was praying for him to develop a kick.

Does anyone really doubt Roos is not all over this decision? +1 welcome back Brad.

Not revisionism. Just an honest mistake muddied by the turbulence of our recent past. He really meant Schwab. Bailey was just a puppet on a string. Thats why he is in consideration for the Bombers caretaker. A good foil for new puppet master Hird.

Assuming you're right about that, why on earth was he appointed in the first place and how did he remain coach for almost four years?

LOL congratulations the finest comment yet. If you were a loser of a player, come to Melbourne to coach our losers.

Brad Miller is no loser, he played more than 150 games at the top level and at 30 y/old is kicking off a coaching career under Paul Roos. Im sure he feels like a loser waking up to Pia every morning.

• Like 4

I don't mind this appointment of Miller as I always rated his endevour at the contest when he played - hopefully he'll rub some of that onto the boys.

I don't know if anyone else thought this (it may be just me) but is his appointment as a coach the clubs way of trying to mend the wrongs of the past - Unfortunately Junior turned them down, so next up Miller?

I don't mind this appointment of Miller as I always rated his endevour at the contest when he played - hopefully he'll rub some of that onto the boys.

I don't know if anyone else thought this (it may be just me) but is his appointment as a coach the clubs way of trying to mend the wrongs of the past - Unfortunately Junior turned them down, so next up Miller?

I don't think you just give away coaching appointments to heal rifts of the past.........He has been appointed by the club for football reasons I would say....
  • Like 1

Across the world, it is generally agreed the greatest ever Acting teacher was a Russian called Konstantin Stanislavski, he could express with great detail the process and method to being a great Actor. He himself was NOT at all a very strong Actor. It never came naturally to him, because of that struggle he was forced to learn and educate himself to get to where the naturals found themselves. His 'Method' created some of the greatest Actors of the 20th century.

Those who are challenged find the alternate paths to success

• Like 1

I don't think you just give away coaching appointments to heal rifts of the past.........He has been appointed by the club for football reasons I would say....

Your prob right, and maybe I've turned sinister.

I do though think it's quite coincidental - they offer a position to Junior which is knocked back, then soon after Miller is appointed. It's like they either want to fix wrongs of the past, or to at least have someone with Dees history on the coaching staff (which could be made up of predominately ex Swans).

I thought he had Stewie Lowe hands, was a great contested mark, his kicking I used to pray for, proof there is no god because everyone was praying for him to develop a kick.

Does anyone really doubt Roos is not all over this decision? +1 welcome back Brad.

Happy for Brad to be back but he was opposite player to what you state, Brad wasn't a strong contested mark he was a pure work horse lead up forward. His ability to perform well was dictated on how the ball was delivered to him. I still believe Brad was a very good CHF to only problem was our mids couldn't hit him. I think it was the last final we played against Fremantle he never stopped leading and had his best game from the club. With the demise of our midfield it brought meant the end for Brad. Would love for him to grab Watts to show him how to play as that hit up high half forward and the work rate required.

• Like 1

Happy for Brad to be back but he was opposite player to what you state, Brad wasn't a strong contested mark he was a pure work horse lead up forward. His ability to perform well was dictated on how the ball was delivered to him. I still believe Brad was a very good CHF to only problem was our mids couldn't hit him. I think it was the last final we played against Fremantle he never stopped leading and had his best game from the club. With the demise of our midfield it brought meant the end for Brad. Would love for him to grab Watts to show him how to play as that hit up high half forward and the work rate required.

We've already got a guy who is absolutely perfect at that job and has slightly stronger hands and much better foot skills than Miller in Dawes.

I don't think Miller will be working too much with key forwards, they are one group on our list who actually don't need much coaching.

Despite Brad been 6'4 or whatever he was I'd like to see him work with our small forwards and those who rotate into the midfield about how they can lead up and get to open space as well. Guys play whole games at half forward (Tapscott, Bail, Blease) without getting out in space and getting the ball.

Miller could teach Watts a lot about being physical and playing like a big man even if he isn't that big. Would love to see Watts suspended like Miller was a few times early in his career.

We've already got a guy who is absolutely perfect at that job and has slightly stronger hands and much better foot skills than Miller in Dawes.

How is that relevant? In case you didn't know it already, Miller won't actually be playing for us.

Across the world, it is generally agreed the greatest ever Acting teacher was a Russian called Konstantin Stanislavski, he could express with great detail the process and method to being a great Actor. He himself was NOT at all a very strong Actor. It never came naturally to him, because of that struggle he was forced to learn and educate himself to get to where the naturals found themselves. His 'Method' created some of the greatest Actors of the 20th century.

Those who are challenged find the alternate paths to success

Demonland has reached new heights of cross cultural quality, comparing the Stanislavski 'method' to Brad Miller's appointment as a coach. I LOVE IT! :)
  • Like 2