• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Didn't see that coming :blink:

It just he loved preseason and thought it showed how good we would be in the main season

I am still scared Cry Cry Cry

It just he loved preseason and thought it showed how good we would be in the main season

I am still scared Cry Cry Cry

Chin up, DF. Once OD gives the new coach the once over at the AGM, things will be a lot clearer! :lol: :lol:

Chin up, DF. Once OD gives the new coach the once over at the AGM, things will be a lot clearer! :lol: :lol:

Not sure OD will recover from the Mitchie thread in time for the AGM.

This one's about steroids but the question as to whether science has created a monster for society lies at the heart of the matter and could explain why the investigations into both the NRL and the AFL seem to be dragging on into eternity. The authorities need to get this one right because there are big fish to fry - Australia's Illegal Steroid Trade Is Exploding, And Could Be Fuelling Street Violence.

• Like 3

US Cycling Athlete, Baker, Accepts Sanction for Anti-Doping Rule Violation

Baker was taking synthetic testosterone in a therapeutic dose under the care of a physician and although he disclosed that information during the sample collection, he did not follow the Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) requirements prior to competing.

So this guy gets 2 years just for not filing some paperwork - if the Bombers get nothing ...

• Like 1

There was movement at the station ...

Stephen Dank has 11 days to hand over documents about his supplement program to two former Cronulla Sharks players who are considering legal action

Relates to his association with Cronulla Sharks, but I would imagine that will set the scene for him in relation to Essendon as well.

Still no charges approaching twelve months!

It's not 12 months since ASADA started their enquiries. Interviews with Essendon players were in May/June. Given that even in the straightforward case of a positive test for a single athlete it can take up to a year, I don't know that I'd be reading anything into it.

But …. could be very messy if they started to bring in infraction notices once the season got under way, though equally, I don't know that that factors anywhere in ASADA's thinking.

... for the word had passed around that the colt from Canberra Raiders was going to get away ...

Sandor Earl could be free to play in weeks

Well, well, well ... there's been no hearing for Sandor Earle, the one and only player served with an infraction notice and provisionally suspended but possibly free to play very soon which is what happens when you co-operate and give the investigators further information that leads to infraction notices being served on others. Earl will get a remission of his sentence for spilling the beans (most likely 6 months) and a number of others including Dank will then have to face the music. Once the precedent is set, we might even find some Bombers deciding to co-operate with the investigation as well.

The interesting bit to me is: "The development is significant because Dank has resisted all interview requests by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and has threatened court action to ensure he never has to."

I though the assumption was ASADA had not contacted Dank for an intereview...

... for the word had passed around that the colt from Canberra Raiders was going to get away ...Sandor Earl could be free to play in weeks

Well, well, well ... there's been no hearing for Sandor Earle, the one and only player served with an infraction notice and provisionally suspended but possibly free to play very soon which is what happens when you co-operate and give the investigators further information that leads to infraction notices being served on others. Earl will get a remission of his sentence for spilling the beans (most likely 6 months) and a number of others including Dank will then have to face the music. Once the precedent is set, we might even find some Bombers deciding to co-operate with the investigation as well.

Looks like you were wrong about Bombers getting Infraction Notices on Australia Day, though to be fair, there are still 15 hours left in the day.

The interesting bit to me is: "The development is significant because Dank has resisted all interview requests by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and has threatened court action to ensure he never has to."

The question if he has been requested to give an interview and has refused is, why haven't ASADA acted on that refusal?

Looks like you were wrong about Bombers getting Infraction Notices on Australia Day, though to be fair, there are still 15 hours left in the day.

Which year though?

No idea whether ASADA had requested an interview but always thought he would be last on their list so they had plenty of ammunition. I know these things take time but it's now bordering on ridiculous. The interview with players would have shed little light on anything. They would have reeled out the company line of "our medical team said it was alright", a medical team that consisted of Dr Reid who had nothing to do with the program, had serious concerns about the program, wrote emails to various key staff at the EFC about the program then decided to lock himself in a cupboard while it all went on. Drug testing is expensive so only certain things are targeted in tests, with the list of things thrown up as potential things taken, could be a safe bet some of them wouldn't have been tested for, plus most drugs are out of your system in days, hence no positive tests.

Time to cut the crap and break Danks plums to get the facts. Good on the Cronulla players for seeking the truth, however any player stupid enough to take part in systematic injecting program deserves to be rubbed out of the game. At Essendon when one player stood up and said no wouldn't you start to think...why, I don't remember getting injected as a junior, then I need to sign a contract to keep my trap shut about it. What ever the result this whole saga needs to be put to bed.

^^ 9 and counting

^^ 9 and counting

cant believe anybody would work on australia day and hand deliver INs to a person sitting on the beach with family,probably having thier last day off before footy season.

if anything it would be febuary2nd

where did this aussie day serving of INs rumour begin,primary school?

cant believe anybody would work on australia day and hand deliver INs to a person sitting on the beach with family,probably having thier last day off before footy season.

if anything it would be febuary2nd

where did this aussie day serving of INs rumour begin,primary school?

Don't think it was said to be "on Australia Day" but rather by it.

It's not 12 months since ASADA started their enquiries. Interviews with Essendon players were in May/June. Given that even in the straightforward case of a positive test for a single athlete it can take up to a year, I don't know that I'd be reading anything into it.

But …. could be very messy if they started to bring in infraction notices once the season got under way, though equally, I don't know that that factors anywhere in ASADA's thinking.

Fair point Bing. It's gonna get messy if infraction notes are issued at any time. And ASADA should move to the beat of it drums not others.

The AFL has a lot to answer over all of this. Having concluded it's so-called case against Essendon, taken them out of the finals, there's been a virtual cessation of interest on its part over the peptides regime. Let's face it, it's highly likely that someone from within the club knew exactly what the players have ingested into their bodies but does the AFL care?

this isnt the AFL's call. This isnt their investigation. They are almost not even 3rd party ( but they are)

All the AFL does now is rubber stamp whatever WADA/ASADA come up with...thats the length and breadth of their involvement in all of this..

oh...other than trying to to scuttle it of course :rolleyes:

The AFL has a lot to answer over all of this. Having concluded it's so-called case against Essendon, taken them out of the finals, there's been a virtual cessation of interest on its part over the peptides regime. Let's face it, it's highly likely that someone from within the club knew exactly what the players have ingested into their bodies but does the AFL care?

Never let the facts get in the way of.......

It just might be that the ASADA case is taking precedence over any further actions of the AFL and other public bodies (eg Workcover). I think the AFL needs to be sensitive to the ASADA protocols. We must remember that this all came about out of an ACC investigation.