• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

seriously,

""ASADA's investigative process has been ongoing for nearly a year and is of unprecedented complexity," Dutton said yesterday.

"In light of this, it is appropriate that a suitably qualified person be engaged to assist ASADA as the investigations approach conclusion"

does not in any way equal

A RETIRED Federal Court judge has been called in to investigate ASADA's glacial probe into drugs in sport - a year since it was dubbed "the darkest day".

Justice Garry Downes will conduct a thorough review of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's probe

having said that, i do like the usage of the word glacial. glaciers might go slowly but they stop for no one and totally change the landscape!

Thought it was an interesting spin. Be interesting to see how they interpret the infraction notices when they come.

Its a shallow view. If a player (Club employee) no matter their ability has been compromised by the unprofessional conduct of one or more senior persons at a Club its a pathetic outcome that in no way should be condoned or dismissed easily.

In particular to a player like Trengove who has already been treated poorly by the Club with the ill conceived captaincy position. Havent we mishandled his development enough?

Agree they are employees of the club and I'd think at some point Worksafe (in the next 10 years... ) would have to have a look at the club if any of our players were issued notices and suspended. Then lawyers for those players would become involved and it could again set us back years.

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." (Churchill)

It's going to be a while till any infraction notices are given and then the [censored] storm will begin!

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." (Churchill)

It's going to be a while till any infraction notices are given and then the [censored] storm will begin!

What if there are none?

What if there are none?

we just go back to hating them even more and with more venom

in a way it will be good to sling mud at thier supporters for the next 25 years

Edited by jazza

IMO there will definately be infraction notices that will be served on the club officals under rule 6 (I think) of the ASADA rules. This includes Dank, Robinson, Hird, etc etc. While is think infrcations to players is probable I am not so confident there

we just go back to hating them even more and with more venom

in a way it will be good to sling mud at their supporters for the next 25 years

I actually think there will be none jazza

I know I will not live that long but I want them in the stocks now not hit with a wet tram ticket.

What if there are none?

Putting aside ODs usual negativity, we don't know whether infraction notices (if any) will be issued.

While we all agree that ASADA code breachers should be brought to justice we just don't know the strength of the ASADA evidence and it's application to clubs and individuals.

While the appointment of the ex-judge on the surface is a good thing it might just spin to prop up a process (given its a year since this started and they had to be seen to doing something visible) or it might be a necessary requirement to road test and validate the basis of future infraction notices and mitigate contingent litigation against their enforceability.

There is a general expectation that infraction notices will be/ should be issued at the end of this investigation. The actual outcomes will surely be different to the public expectations.

ASADA are on a hiding to nothing on this whatever the outcome through litigation avenues if notices are issued and court of public opinion if either insufficient or no infraction notices are issued.

Fascinating to watch this unfold (particularly when there is no footy on).

• Like 1

LOL, Rhino......you must like watching paint dry too

Yeah watching paint dry is boring. But this can be like waiting for a fine wine to mature before drinking it. Then again there is the chance the wine may be off.

Yeah watching paint dry is boring. But this can be like waiting for a fine wine to mature before drinking it. Then again there is the chance the wine may be off.

I would hate to sit around for 5 - 10 years watching the wine mature either adc.

I need a little more instant appeal than either.

As another sidebar, (this time speculation, so Rhino take a Mogadon) what do you reckon AD will resign within 3 months of any infraction notices issued and before the whole mess ends up in court, or do you think he will brave the fires of cross examination? My two cents is that it won't just be EFC and ASADA getting a toasting and the AFL board will have to push accept the fat controllers resignation.

I would hate to sit around for 5 - 10 years watching the wine mature either adc.

I need a little more instant appeal than either.

Good things come to he who waits OD.

I would have thought you understood that as a MFC supporter.

As we are experts at waiting!

Big article on the back page of todays HUN.

Federal Government has a retired Judge investigating why it is all taking so long

Also commented "why has Dank not been interviewed"

It makes a claim that one reason maybe the problem of if AOD.... was legal or not at the time.

I have smelt this coming for sometime!

i would suggest a retired fed judge could offer no help in this case

asada,have run races before and this should be no different.

besides the dons legal team has about 18 miles head start,so appointment of an ex judge wont help

all it does is give an air of political respect to the process and make people think the outcome is more profound

mutton dressed up as lamb

i would suggest a retired fed judge could offer no help in this case

asada,have run races before and this should be no different.

besides the dons legal team has about 18 miles head start,so appointment of an ex judge wont help

all it does is give an air of political respect to the process and make people think the outcome is more profound

mutton dressed up as lamb

Jazza do you know what team does our PM follows in the AFL?

Jazza do you know what team does our PM follows in the AFL?

gws?

i just hope its not apollo bay

then my world would be stuffed

Edited by jazza

How are the Hawks going jazza?

well,i drove 3 hours to melbourne for every dees game last year

...why risk it....just drink it now.

• Like 1

...why risk it....just drink it now.

I just like to see the Bombers issue mature a little longer. Like to see them finish below us this season. Let their pain drag on.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1