Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Just by watching it all unfold on Fox something is not right at the footy club and there is a rat in there. I think if anyone is going to get punished it will be individuals.

AFL not really worried now about the Drugs we took as it is approved.

Dermie saying he really feels for the supporters.. Also said that to build a good football club you need good people, besides Jim Stynes (God bless him) there are no good people at that football club.. and you know what he is right..

Rubbish... how would he know. I think they would be good people, maybe out of there depth but good people.

Don't blame the media for this one.

The CLUB has done it to themselves because they are so F*%*ing stupid.

They still act like they are in the Good Ol' VFL days of amateur football.

LIES LIES LIES. I can't take it anymore.

Goodbye, Bates, McLardy Neeld Misson Craig Mahoney.

Hooroo supporters.

See ya later bell end

• Like 1

There was no banned substance so it was never going to be evil.

Now who knew what the Dr. was up to?

Craig, Misson, Coach, CEO has escaped....The Board. i do not care who it is.

Anyone who knew ANYTHING since February must walk now...

Peter Jackson needs a new clean page.

• Like 2

There was no banned substance so it was never going to be evil.

Now who knew what the Dr. was up to?

Craig, Misson, Coach, CEO has escaped....The Board. i do not care who it is.

Anyone who knew ANYTHING since February must walk now...

Peter Jackson needs a new clean page.

If everyone walks.......Peter might have to play in the ruck AND f/forward And F/Back...etc......

• Like 1

what do you expect? They issued a detailed statement. Why would they do anything more while they await developments? What could they usefully say? Some strong words to make MC supporters feel better? Would you believe it if they did? If they put their heads up it would just give more opportunities for the media frenzy.

How about a bit of patience to see what's what rather than over-reacting every tick of the clock. Some of you guys seem to love being as depressed as possible at every opportunity. Sure there has been plenty to be depressed about, but get a grip. I just hope the players aren't as negative as you lot.

Fair enough.....Maybe it's me that's punchdrunk. I found myself defending Essendon last week...purely because of the media frenzy against it. So much negative media attention over such little information re illegal substances. So much inuendo against clubs that still say nothing illegal was given/taken. Such indignation at clubs having the audacity to text that some players may be getting legal drugs injected..wowee.

Agree with others anyone who knew about this in the club needs to walk now. I can't believe how dumb anyone could be realizing that SMS's are leaking and would only be a matter of time before we were named and yet they chose to stay silent. Any sympathy that AFL may have had about our plight as being the whipping team of the league would have vapourised with the club failing to be open honest and transparent, it would appear that within our club at the moment multiple instances have shown that honesty and integrity are nothing more than words.

• Like 1

So, if the club statement released now is true, then the club statement in the first place was true.

Dank never employed by the club, never had contact with players, only role was recommending a clinic to Bates. Possibly also recommended certain treatments to Bates.

Still has a little stink of dodgy to it. But the club really needed to get a visible 'talking head' on television underlining that key point - Dank never administered or prescribed anything to any player, coach or official at the Melbourne football club.

Or, y'know, they could have a meeting and release a one page statement and go quiet.

I can only say, there had better be some kind of brilliant counter-punch coming up soon.

• Like 1

So, if the club statement released now is true, then the club statement in the first place was true.

Dank never employed by the club, never had contact with players, only role was recommending a clinic to Bates. Possibly also recommended certain treatments to Bates.

Still has a little stink of dodgy to it. But the club really needed to get a visible 'talking head' on television underlining that key point - Dank never administered or prescribed anything to any player, coach or official at the Melbourne football club.

Or, y'know, they could have a meeting and release a one page statement and go quiet.

I can only say, there had better be some kind of brilliant counter-punch coming up soon.

You need muscle to deliver a punch

His ain't done yet, we are still going to be torn apart from the AFL then ASADA.

If there is anything wrong in our football department I reckon the AFL will find it over the. coming months.

Let th Spanish Inquisition begin.

Club statement: Friday, 19 April

By melbournefc.com.auExclusive to melbournefc.com.au 8:50pm AEST Friday, April 19, 2013

THE MELBOURNE Football Club today accepted an offer by Club doctor Dan Bates to stand aside, effective immediately, pending the outcome of an investigation by ASADA and the AFL into a pre-season supplements program at the Club.

MFC President Don McLardy said that the Club felt it was appropriate that Dr Bates stand aside while the details of the program and the circumstances under which it was administered are independently reviewed.

"We have sufficient concerns about an identified breakdown in reporting protocols that we believe it is appropriate that Dr Bates stands aside until these matters are further investigated," McLardy said.

Immediately following the announcement of the Essendon investigation in February, the MFC board commenced an internal review into supplements, headed by a suitably qualified director. That review involved numerous interviews, including three with Club doctor, Dr Dan Bates.

To date, the internal review has found no evidence that the supplements program at the Club contravened any ASADA or WADA guidelines, and no evidence that any player has been administered a banned substance at any time.

The Club is fully committed to cooperating with both ASADA and the AFL, as part of their ongoing investigation.

The Club is unable to comment further until the investigation is complete.

"We have sufficient concerns about an identified breakdown in reporting protocols"

Don't tell me it's Bates' fault and the McLardy lynch mob is in the wrong....

willy-wonka-really-gif.gif

You will still post gifs at every available opportunity.

And if they are right, see line one.

"We have sufficient concerns about an identified breakdown in reporting protocols"

Don't tell me it's Bates' fault and the McLardy lynch mob is in the wrong....

willy-wonka-really-gif.gif

The buck still stops at his door.

The cases continue to mount.

• Like 2

No, the clubs statement in Feb is still wrong. If, and a big if, the text messages are true (and it is looking more and more like they are, Bate hasn't disputed them) then Dank had contact with players, opposite to what the club said in February.

Club statement: Friday, 19 April

By melbournefc.com.auExclusive to melbournefc.com.au 8:50pm AEST Friday, April 19, 2013

These statements are becoming so frequent we should have an "MFC Statement of the Day" thread stickied at the top of the board..

• Like 7