Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Just a hypothetical, I know it all flows back to ASADA and WADA but knowing the AFL they will be trying to work something behind the scenes ala MFC tanking, Dons penalties, Doc Reid getting off. I assume the AFL and Dons have no chance of reducing but who knows...

"behind the scenes" won't wash with ASADA. If ASADA squib it, WADA will appeal and impose the harsher penalty anyway. There is no way out for EFC (or the AFL if it comes to that)

No you said that

I am past caring what happens with the doping enquiry.

No you didnt..

You said....

..I am past caring.

Do we have any players that would be missed all that much.

The ones suggested in the past in Dunn and Trengove have hardly put up performances in recent times

that would show a big loss if rubbed out.

And then repeated

I was meaning I am past caring if any get rubbed out RR.

Ungracious regard for the players whether you think they performed or not.

And the impact of such an event will have a huge impact on a confidence sapped spiritless group.

No you didnt..

You said....

And then repeated

Ungracious regard for the players whether you think they performed or not.

And the impact of such an event will have a huge impact on a confidence sapped spiritless group.

old dee Big Brother is watching you.

May be its time for a Banana Drink?

Unlike Whateley, Jacquelin Magnay has some good form on the issue and I suspect, her sources are better than Whateley's hired consultant for the Essendon Football Club. And she's been consistent on this for some time:-

Journalist Jacquelin Magnay claims football codes allowed cheating to fester by refusing to address obvious issues

It hasn't just been drugs but also the tanking issue which the AFL condoned (until Vlad turned his back), the inequality of fixtures, different rules for the rich and the poor and a raft of other matters including ground utilisation. The AFL's governance of the game is a complete shambles and while it's been able to massage over the cracks with money up until now, it won't get away from WADA and the ACC.

• Like 1

Unlike Whateley, Jacquelin Magnay has some good form on the issue and I suspect, her sources are better than Whateley's hired consultant for the Essendon Football Club. And she's been consistent on this for some time:-

Journalist Jacquelin Magnay claims football codes allowed cheating to fester by refusing to address obvious issues

It hasn't just been drugs but also the tanking issue which the AFL condoned (until Vlad turned his back), the inequality of fixtures, different rules for the rich and the poor and a raft of other matters including ground utilisation. The AFL's governance of the game is a complete shambles and while it's been able to massage over the cracks with money up until now, it won't get away from WADA and the ACC.

What an interesting read.

I really hope ASADA & WADA have no bias & clean up the entire sport regardless of who it is.

Doesn't look good for your tenure Vlad does it?

• Like 1

I have this sneaking inkling that Vlad already has his exit strategy in place !! Dont think he'll be AFL next Grand Final (the one after this coming ) if you know what I mean ...lol

I have this sneaking inkling that Vlad already has his exit strategy in place !! Dont think he'll be AFL next Grand Final (the one after this coming ) if you know what I mean ...lol

Me too - I reckon he has been practising his golden parachuting

golden-parachute.gif

• Like 1

Vlads transitioning of his role commenced when the AFL secured Gil McLachlan tenure from the NRL top job over 12 months.

It became obvious when Gil McLachlan fronted the media to close out the contrived tanking outcome earlier this year.

I don't believe Vlad will be around for the 2014 GF.

I would think that once the transition will be finalised when the ASADA report is handed down and some of the dust settles.

Me too - I reckon he has been practising his golden parachuting

golden-parachute.gif

Is that condescending*? *the well known Greek parachutist

• Like 3

Dunno why the need to move on. Less than a month ago it was revealed in a Mike Sheahan interview with Tony Liberatore that Libba was still adamant that Carlton tanked in 2007. He also revealed that the so-called investigation into what he said was conducted by a former Carlton player. The President of the AFL is a Carlton "great". Nothing necessarily untoward about that but it ain't a good look.

What makes it stench worthy is the fact that as late as last week the tanking issue was being used in argument against Melbourne getting a compensatory draft pick.

I think true Demon fans have a right to feel aggrieved now and there's no reason to move on unless you're not a real fan.

• Like 4

What makes it stench worthy is the fact that as late as last week the tanking issue was being used in argument against Melbourne getting a compensatory draft pick.

A good reason to not 'move on'.

It doesn't happen very often but Vlad gets slapped around by the boss of WADA - Fahey slams Demetriou over WADA leak call.

The AFL and clubs will learn soon that you don't mess with WADA. I think John Fahey is sending a few messages there over and above the obvious.

In the meantime, it would be wise for the AFL boss to STFU as much as possible about the entire subject until the ASADA report issues. He already has a couple of omelettes on his face over Doc Reid; he really doesn't need to make things worse.

• Like 1

It doesn't happen very often but Vlad gets slapped around by the boss of WADA - Fahey slams Demetriou over WADA leak call.

The AFL and clubs will learn soon that you don't mess with WADA. I think John Fahey is sending a few messages there over and above the obvious.

In the meantime, it would be wise for the AFL boss to STFU as much as possible about the entire subject until the ASADA report issues. He already has a couple of omelettes on his face over Doc Reid; he really doesn't need to make things worse.

Egg Shampoo !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1