Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Cronulla Sharks facing relocation as result of potential ASADA penalties etc

Now I dont expect Messendon to suddenly fly off to Wagga ( but only if they would ) but I really dont think they are aware of whats about to whack them !!!!

Now I dont expect Messendon to suddenly fly off to Wagga ( but only if they would ) but I really dont think they are aware of whats about to whack them !!!!

Didn't they get into a bit of strife last time they flew in that general direction.

I heard that they were going to fly off to Wangaratta, but it was raining.

Here we go...It is getting to the serious bit now....i knew it would..

I still want to know how the AFL can drop all charges against the Essendon Club Doctor....

ASADA & WADA will not be so accomodating i am sure....

Essendrug they haven't forgotten & it hasn't been swept under the carpet.

That said carpet has been vaccumed over & over again,,,,samples tested & retested

Sleep tight now.

Bomber Thompson backflips on coaching position ( he now wants it )

ok. maybe ive read too many Christies and watched to many Holmes but there is definitely a game afoot here folks.

For mine i read into this the following : Hird is utterly screwed and not returning anytime soon, Thompson smells this and goes the main game.

The thick plottens :)

• Like 1

Bomber Thompson backflips on coaching position ( he now wants it )

ok. maybe ive read too many Christies and watched to many Holmes but there is definitely a game afoot here folks.

For mine i read into this the following : Hird is utterly screwed and not returning anytime soon, Thompson smells this and goes the main game.

The thick plottens :)

and the drugs keep on flowing

Guilt by association or is it really happening in schools?

Elite school in turmoil: the team no one wants to play

Some interesting new thngs in there, and some very old.

Inducements..scholarships?? tame shlt. My old alma mater was notorious for awarding half and full scholarships to anyone who could swim better than OK. It was common knowledge that you didnt have to be the brightest or sharpest but it you could cut a wake welcome ....lol

The worrying aspect of that article was the alluding to "Sports Science/ Enhancement programs" sadly I dont think theres much new here either, just possibly some have access to better "vitamins"

Inducements..scholarships?? tame shlt. My old alma mater was notorious for awarding half and full scholarships to anyone who could swim better than OK. It was common knowledge that you didnt have to be the brightest or sharpest but it you could cut a wake welcome ....lol

The worrying aspect of that article was the alluding to "Sports Science/ Enhancement programs" sadly I dont think theres much new here either, just possibly some have access to better "vitamins"

Apollo bay ,inducements were at a much higher level

the school introduced a surfing program to all high school students.

this was a massive failure as seaweed sucks don't play footy

as for sports science,they introduced no smoking on Tuesdays and Thursdays.that didn't work

so im not a believer in school inducments to enhance the said schools honour board

still at Apollo bay we knocked off lorne colac and Winchelsea on a regular basis

so something was right.but it weren't SPORTS SCIENCE/ENHANCMENT PROGRAMS

Guilt by association or is it really happening in schools?

Elite school in turmoil: the team no one wants to play

Haileybury is the epitome when it comes to questionable scholarships.

Around 2006/7 their tactics were pretty appalling - they quite literally poached a whole netball team from a rural school.

They were the raining champions so Haileybury offered each player a scholarship and the whole team came.

They did this in quite a few other codes but never had any success when it actually came to playing...

Re the article its pretty misleading and all they are alluding to guilt by association. Scots is a very good school, cant see a performance enhancing type of program there. Just other schools kicking up a fuss re scholarships but they all do the same thing anyway.

Must admit the thing about scholarshps is a bit of nothing. As you say PJ they are all up to it and have been for ages.

It was the nefarious dropping of the boogey-man's name in Danks i thought either worrying and/or humorous.

Haileybury is the epitome when it comes to questionable scholarships.

Around 2006/7 their tactics were pretty appalling - they quite literally poached a whole netball team from a rural school.

They were the raining champions so Haileybury offered each player a scholarship and the whole team came.

They did this in quite a few other codes but never had any success when it actually came to playing...

Re the article its pretty misleading and all they are alluding to guilt by association. Scots is a very good school, cant see a performance enhancing type of program there. Just other schools kicking up a fuss re scholarships but they all do the same thing anyway.

They basically poached the whole Girls Victorian Volleyball team too

• Like 1

Sandor Earl breaks silence on peptides

When is ASADA going to get around to interview Dank?

That is the question.

We're a week or so away from the opening of free agency/trades etc and already one Bomber player has decided to go elsewhere but is it wise for the Bullies to take Crameri if he's been involved in the Dank programme?

It does make yo ponder as to what the stumbling block is there. Dank, the first big domino

That is the question.

We're a week or so away from the opening of free agency/trades etc and already one Bomber player has decided to go elsewhere but is it wise for the Bullies to take Crameri if he's been involved in the Dank programme?

I wonder if there is anything the AFL can do to insure clubs which take Bombers players against the player being banned in x months. Not easy to see how they could. An extra pick in 2014 - doesn't really sound workable?

Sandor Earl's evidence - damning.

That is the question.

I would hope our club would not deal with Essendon. There is too much that could still go wrong and we could end up with a player banned for up to 2 years.

I think the doggies are taking a big risk.

• Like 1

That is the question.

Is it true that Dank can be requested to front ASADA but cannot be forced? Can they subpoena him like in a Court? I understand they could fine Danks $5,000 a day for not responding to their request.

If Danks has significant information to hide, he would probably be best to declare himself bankrupt than face the music. If that were the case then ASADA would have no leverage on Dank.

In the absence of Danks testimony, I wonder whether ASADA have enough evidence to tie individual players to actual substances administered without Danks help.

If that's the case then it's unlikely any infraction notices could be issued to the players. The lack of records has protected the culprits but damned the players to ongoing uncertainty.

Pretty naive but I'm amazed how all of this comes down to organised crime... latest club to fall under ASADAs gaze are 6 players from the Roosters after testing which showed elevated hormone levels of these players were found on a crime figures phone.

Is it true that Dank can be requested to front ASADA but cannot be forced? Can they subpoena him like in a Court? I understand they could fine Danks $5,000 a day for not responding to their request.

If Danks has significant information to hide, he would probably be best to declare himself bankrupt than face the music. If that were the case then ASADA would have no leverage on Dank.

In the absence of Danks testimony, I wonder whether ASADA have enough evidence to tie individual players to actual substances administered without Danks help.

If that's the case then it's unlikely any infraction notices could be issued to the players. The lack of records has protected the culprits but damned the players to ongoing uncertainty.

I think your last sentence says it all RR.

I will not be surprised if that is the final result.

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think Dank can be compelled to answer questions and if he doesn't show then the fine would apply. I suppose he might be prepared to allow himself to be bankrupted if he really wants to avoid giving evidence but that could open up a real can of worms for him.

However, under the new powers, Dank does have to produce his documentation and that could be enough.

Bear in mind the rules that apply in dealing with the WADA Code differ from sovereign law, there is an ACC investigation and government is keen to uphold our standing in the sporting world. ASADA doesn't have to operate to anyone else's timelines.

They eventually got Armstrong in the USA despite no positive drug tests. The appropriate authorities will eventually get the offenders in the AFL and NRL and at their own pace which is frustrating for the rest of the world that has things like the trade and free agency period to concern itself with.

However, under the new powers, Dank does have to produce his documentation and that could be enough.

Yes I've seen that requirement but how does that work in practice? He's had ample time to destroy any documentation and how do the authorities know they've got it all anyway, he's also had ample time to put it somewhere out of their reach and their knowledge. Surprise midnight seizure of computers and filing cabinets is all very well if it's a surprise.

Yes I've seen that requirement but how does that work in practice? He's had ample time to destroy any documentation and how do the authorities know they've got it all anyway, he's also had ample time to put it somewhere out of their reach and their knowledge. Surprise midnight seizure of computers and filing cabinets is all very well if it's a surprise.

Good questions and there are no guarantees that Dank hasn't destroyed or tampered with the documentary evidence.

However, the evidence in this case also happens to be evidence in an investigation by the ACC in respect of which Dank actually was interviewed at length a year ago. I don't know what evidence he gave and whether the ACC had access to his records or whether, if it did, the ACC may have shared evidence with ASADA and Dank would have to be very careful if he has harboured ideas about tampering with evidence in a criminal enquiry.

Dank's other problem would be whether others have some of the documentation by way of duplicate documents so destroying what he has is not going to solve anything for him.

In short, messing around with evidence in a criminal enquiry can lead to substantial complications as if Dank's life isn't already complicated.

Danks may also like to know thst most emails and sms stay stored on archived severs for quite some time lol

You can burn a paper trail but good luck getting rid of digital ones :)