Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Hmmm I just re-read Caro's article I stand by my comments. She is writing on behalf of the AFL in my opinion. The charges have been dropped but of course as a result the Doctor's case has not been heard in full so there is still scope to throw some mud about what he should have done. The AFL pulled out of the case because it had jackshyte real evidence on the Doc.

Yes in hindsight we should all be heroes but most people are human and have to operate within organisations, hierarchies, cultures and so on. The Doc seems to have put his concerns in writing expecting they would be taken seriously. I suspect they were not and those involved worked around him once they knew of his concerned. It then took six months to a year for others to realise there was a problem.

You're naive and misinformed. And fantasising an ill conceived conspiracy theory does little to cover the gap.

... and despite Doc Reid's stroke of good fortune yesterday, this ain't going away ...

Heart tests worried Dons

ASADA ready with lifetime sport bans

The Australian has learned that the first tranche of infringement notices will be issued at the conclusion of the current AFL season, marking the "first step" in several sanctions that will be sought by ASADA. Players and officials face bans of up to two years for taking the supplements, but it is believed ADADA is looking at issuing some of the infraction notices with trafficking infractions, which could bring about a life ban.

Oh dear. Goodnight Essendon. They will not survive this. Hird will never work in the AFL or any Australian sport ever again.

"Tassie....... Demetriou here, how that team of yours ??? " :unsure::rolleyes:

There goes the notion of Messendon only needing a caretaker coach !!

I wonder if infraction notices for the AFL players/officals include any MFC players or past MFC officials?

Cards13 I am past caring.

Do we have any players that would be missed all that much.

The ones suggested in the past in Dunn and Trengove have hardly put up performances in recent times

that would show a big loss if rubbed out.

As for Officials are there any left from that time?

I wonder if infraction notices for the AFL players/officals include any MFC players or past MFC officials?

How could they? They haven't commenced the investigations yet.

Cards13 I am past caring.Do we have any players that would be missed all that much.The ones suggested in the past in Dunn and Trengove have hardly put up performances in recent timesthat would show a big loss if rubbed out.As for Officials are there any left from that time?

Good God OD. You should care.

It goes beyond players performances and concerns their health, welfare and livelihood.

And the fact the officials may or may not be at MFC is irrelevant. They should be duly punished for their failure of a basic duty of care.

For those with more knowledge than i, what sort of punishment comes with an infraction notice and would this apply to every player who took the substance so everyone but Goddard and Zaharakis in theory?

There goes the notion of Messendon only needing a caretaker coach !!

True

Do you know when the funeral is on?

May Messendon RIP

For those with more knowledge than i, what sort of punishment comes with an infraction notice and would this apply to every player who took the substance so everyone but Goddard and Zaharakis in theory?

2 years is standard unless the individuals have contributed to mitigation through testimony etc etc then its halved. Theres no real if buts or maybes about this..This is in the WADA code.

trafficking..if shown to have been involved , contributed , over seen etc in trafficking of any substances scheduled as no-no then its a life ban...from EVERYTHING SPORT !! ( participation )

2 years is standard unless the individuals have contributed to mitigation through testimony etc etc then its halved. Theres no real if buts or maybes about this..This is in the WADA code.

trafficking..if shown to have been involved , contributed , over seen etc in trafficking of any substances scheduled as no-no then its a life ban...from EVERYTHING SPORT !! ( participation )

I still have Essendon supporting friends who deny their team are drug cheats, guess this will ruin their day hahaha

True

Do you know when the funeral is on?

May Messendon RIP

Messendon will survive I suspect. Be a bit like a reboot ( sts ) . Many 'loved' faces will be gone. Will take a whiles to rebuild etc. They will hangar around I suspect :rolleyes:

nothing to say zaharakis didn't take the supps

just that he didn't get injected

guessing

I hope players under 24 1 year

over 24 =2years

reality minimum 2 years

but at least its not going to be a boring summer of cricket,and training reports

its gonna be full of drugs,bans,essendon bashing,hird lambasting,queries,threads to ponder

maybe the equivalent to summer 68 of love,as OD and BB lived throughout

no more JW threads ,but dragging somehow,essendon into every live thread

I still have Essendon supporting friends who deny their team are drug cheats, guess this will ruin their day hahaha

Suggest you wait to the actuality of the infringement notices being issued.

If ASADA have done a proper and thorough investigations then there will be no one where for square earth theorists at Essendon to hide.

nothing to say zaharakis didn't take the supps

just that he didn't get injected

guessing

I hope players under 24 1 year

over 24 =2years

reality minimum 2 years

but at least its not going to be a boring summer of cricket,and training reports

its gonna be full of drugs,bans,essendon bashing,hird lambasting,queries,threads to ponder

maybe the equivalent to summer 68 of love,as OD and BB lived throughout

no more JW threads ,but dragging somehow,essendon into every live thread

age is irrelevant to WADA...you can be 15 and get done...

age is irrelevant to WADA...you can be 15 and get done...

realise that

also took into account self reporting,group dynamic and potential wrongful medicine suiut

hence players under 24 1year suspension and 1 year suspended

palyers over 24 2 years

officials ,10 year ban

or lifetime in some cases

Good God OD. You should care.

It goes beyond players performances and concerns their health, welfare and livelihood.

And the fact the officials may or may not be at MFC is irrelevant. They should be duly punished for their failure of a basic duty of care.

Have they not commenced looking into the Dess yet Rhino? I assumed they would have by now.

Have they not commenced looking into the Dess yet Rhino? I assumed they would have by now.

My understanding is they wanted to complete the Essendon investigation before proceeding to MFC. We need to remember they are also investigating Cronulla at the moment.

thought I heard niel craig say

"all the statements have been completed"

but I could be wrong.

I understand that interviews took place some time ago.

I would imagine that ASADA will direct its attention back to us after it finishes the Cronulla business but that our situation will not warrant a long investigation.

• Like 1

thought I heard niel craig say

"all the statements have been completed"

but I could be wrong.

I seem to remember something along those lines. There will only be any more investigation if the cursory one reveals probable cause.

• Like 1

Things could be about to get very interesting. If as said WADA wait til eos to issue notices then everyone should be heads up before trade week etc..

I wonder how it goes re salary cap. Do suspended players , who are still being paid , appear on the for purposes of cap ??