Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Ok then do not be surprised then that media people and others seem to have us in the gun because of what they perceive the MFC to be about.

It is marvelous when the boot is on the other foot how much we complain.

Sad reflection on the human race IMO.

My father told me a long time ago that hate consumes the hater more than the hated.

Bit late on this, sorry... I agree with your last sentence, but, I've got to agree. essendon supporters are not my favourites. Watching them last week against Brisbane, their supporters booed at every Brisbane possession, even when they looked like winning. It reminded me why they are one of my least fav teams, lots of examples like this over the years. And I, like probably everyone on DL have some close and dear friends, who barrack for them, I sympathise with them, smiled with gritted teeth, as they expressed relief, when our association with dank came out, and generally avoid talking about footy with them!

Disagree with the opening post. Don't forget a few weeks ago Demetriou publicly suggested James Hird should be thinking about whether he should stand down.

For what it's worth, I think Demetriou has been the best CEO the AFL has had in my memory (I remember back to the 1960s). He's not perfect, but I don't see any bias for or against any individual team in the competition.

Each to their own on how they see Demetriou. For mine he will leave the competition divided when he is done.

Unless there is a massive change, all of us will have to watch between 4 and 6 of the same clubs fight out the premiership over the next 20 years. This will be Demetriou's legacy.

Hey guess what? Most of us will be in nursing homes by the time the MFC gets it poo together.

• Like 1

The people potting for inaccuracies are mainly not in the position to make these claims. It's get back to who her sources were and what was said by them. We don't know that.

Like Brayshaw when she got the story about the North fitness guy terribly wrong and was forced to apologise?

Oh. So she got it wrong. That's what I'm talking about.

And she called it out and retracted it. So it does not anyway deride the accuracy of her reporting to justify the vilification ( some of it sexist) she puts up with. You've proven my original point you responded to.

Each to their own on how they see Demetriou. For mine he will leave the competition divided when he is done.

Unless there is a massive change, all of us will have to watch between 4 and 6 of the same clubs fight out the premiership over the next 20 years. This will be Demetriou's legacy.

Hey guess what? Most of us will be in nursing homes by the time the MFC gets it poo together.

Could not agree more with expansion clubs, free agency and players on contracts just saying thy want out,MFC and the other smaller, less achieving clubs are in big trouble. The AFL is looking at a two tier league where every second game is a blow out. That will effect the brand and what they can demand for TV rights. The big clubs will just continue to top up with FA recruits to keep them competitive. The lower sides will get what is left and have to pay overs for that as well. The AFL now hates the priority pick after its tanking investigation but I reckon you need a double dose of priorities going to the lower sides to get some equity in the competition.

• Like 1

And she called it out and retracted it. So it does not anyway deride the accuracy of her reporting to justify the vilification ( some of it sexist) she puts up with. You've proven my original point you responded to.

I don't think so. I didn't mention the vilification or sexist comments. They're irrelevant to my argument about her getting things wrong.

She's not what she used to be and she's become a bit of a know it all. The problem is that other know it alls don't recognise this.

• Like 3

I don't think so. I didn't mention the vilification or sexist comments. They're irrelevant to my argument about her getting things wrong.

She's not what she used to be and she's become a bit of a know it all. The problem is that other know it alls don't recognise this.

The comments were valid in describing the efforts made by many who have sought to prove her wrong and not succeeded.

And the problem you outline is not as great as the know nothing's who think they know but only confirm their ignorance. Clearly you are not alone in that position.

As long as essendon escape and golden boy thrives duplicitous dimwitiou and his brood will be happy

Well Andy boy has come out and continued his Essendon barracking today by supporting golden balls.

And in the meantime, there are more thrashings and blowouts between the haves and have nots. This competition is quickly becoming an EPL thanks to Demetriou's policies.

• 2 months later...

There goes James Hird saying, "We are not drug cheats."

Well Hirdy you may not intentionally be a drug cheat but you and your cohorts at Essendon systematically drove a program of on the edge drug supplements to your players.

This type of behaviour breeds mistrust no matter what your intentions are. The sporting world and those who participate at the highest level must hold themselves to the highest level. Personally I am bloody fed up with sporting drug cheats around the world. I want to watch sport knowing that it is clean.

Essendon embarked on a program that smells like rotten meat, do I trust this club? No way!

• Like 1

Hird >>>> We are not drug cheats

Clinton ..>>>> I did not have sexual relations with that woman

Must go to the same hardware; they paint with the same brush!!!

• Like 1

If Essendon players are guilty, the Trenners might go as well.

External use potions will be looked on as minor compared with an injection program of untested muscle building compounds.

Besides, Trenners is into puzzles.

Not an evil bastard like Hird.

Shouldn't you be waiting for the actual ASADA report before spouting off on the outcome?

So you are saying Essendon did not systematically dope their players (whether illegal or not)?

Hird needs to understand that it IS his club under HIS watch who brought this on. No point whining now, it was you Hirdy who wanted to embark on this type of activity.

Hird and others at Essendon need to show a bit of humility instead of arrogant carp.

• Like 1

Hird >>>> We are not drug cheats

Clinton ..>>>> I did not have sexual relations with that woman

Must go to the same hardware; they paint with the same brush!!!

Lance Armstrong. "I never doped"

• Like 3

So you are saying Essendon did not systematically dope their players (whether illegal or not)?

Hird needs to understand that it IS his club under HIS watch who brought this on. No point whining now, it was you Hirdy who wanted to embark on this type of activity.

Hird and others at Essendon need to show a bit of humility instead of arrogant carp.

There is actually an element of reality about this. To date the only argument really seems to be upon whether AOD 9064 was ok or not. Everything else has been admitted ( other than any other phials that anyone finds :unsure: )

But as to the jabs etc no one is denying that sought to establish a methodology of gaining some sort of advantage. This in itself isnt a transgression. All clubs try to find an edge. The issue is the legaility of the one Essendon sought.

It seems the various parties to this little Lu Wow cant seem to figure out half the time what it is they are actually trying to establish.

Is it whether AOD 9064 was up for grabs? ( ASADA would suggest not )

is it whether the players knew what they were getting ? Well one answer is it was that substance to signed on for on the waivers !! :rolleyes:

Did anyone know it was a no-no ?? Well given all the clandestine meetings and hush hush and attempts to murky the trail, given all the double speak ( Winston would be proud ) and back peddling , then speed peddling then back again It all goes to the notion there WAS some form of coherent plan about all this.

The paperwork and schedules and player analysis all point to a systematic approach to it all.

Its all but impossible to argue there wasnt a plan in place to give the players a benefit derived from pushing the envelope. They knew it was 'going to the dark side" they just wanted some form of deniablity in place should it ever surface.

They in effect wanted a form of an ALIBI.., something to corroborate a non-guilty stance amongst things. ( bad news James, no one is buying it )

Now they ( Hird and Co ) want us to understand ( believe ) that that path was paved with good intents and they really arent naughty boys.

Well James heres the thing...Even if you didnt mean to break that window when you picked up the stone and threw it...it did break. therefore YOU broke it.

Wear it...... you detestable imposter of innocence.