Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

This should be Demonland's motto.

It is Demonlands motto, 37 pages of waffle on something that hasn't even been proved as being true yet, hence very little from me, same as the Demetriou topic.........always look if you have posted TU so hence my post, don't be too flattered, at least your posts are normally interesting not that I agree with them all the time

Reccomended reading; Pages 1-375 of Bommberblitz's Essendon Press Conferene Thread!

Total denial. quotes along the lines of 'so some of our coaches were taking supliments on the WADA banned list at the club, who cares, its not illegal'

mean while

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun
if coaches took drugs which players weren't allowed to.... have to ask, why were prohibited drugs at the footy club in the first place?

suffer bommers, suffer!!

Don't forget to watch The 7.30 Report tonight.

Danks no doubt will deny all but watch his body language closely.

Clues.

That nose scratch was almost too obvious. No blinking either - what does that mean? ^_^

He said that some of the coaches were using peptides (or suchlike) that were on WADA's banned list and it sounded like they knew about it (?). Not a good look to say the least. This could take quite some time before it's done with. Better them than us. I wouldn't trust one word he said.

The interviewer's name sounded like the name of a character that Marg Downey would have used on 'Fast Forward' ...

Edited by Macca

I wouldn't under estimate teams early on.

It will take months for the investigation to reach a head and any teams find they have a large list of unavailable players. It is such a foreign concept that a team be found of doping and players will actually be banned for up to 2 years. Having said that in cycling whole teams have been withdrawn after even 1 member has been found guilty.

How will the ACCC prove the supplements were tainted? Do they have old batches of PED's to test for contaminants or will a retrospective blanket ruling be made about any PED supplement use?

As for the other mystery player I do hope the Age will go after him and his club with the same vigour that MFC has been dusted and Hirdy has been attacked it would be fascinating if, god forbid, it was a Richmond player. How would the Age cope. They do have a habit of sacking individuals before all the facts are available.

My perhaps poor understanding is that players' blood and urine samples are stored for years and can be analysed retrospectively for PEDs that may not have been able to be analysed in previous years. IF a banned PED is found then......wham!!

Edited by monoccular

My perhaps poor understanding is that players' blood and urine samples are stored for years and can be analysed retrospectively for PEDs that may not have been able to be analysed in previous years. IF a banned PED is found then......wham!!

the ped peptide in question only lasts in its original form for a couple of hours in the bloodstream

gonna be hard to test for

That nose scratch was almost too obvious. No blinking either - what does that mean? ^_^

He said that some of the coaches were injected PED's or suchlike and it sounded like they knew about it (?). Not a good look to say the least. This could take months. Better them than us. I wouldn't trust one word he said.

The interviewer's name sounded like the name of a character that Marg Downey would have used on 'Fast Forward' ...

Danks is no fool but i didn't believe all his answers.

That club is a mess right now i believe that!!

It is such a foreign concept that a team be found of doping and players will actually be banned for up to 2 years. Having said that in cycling whole teams have been withdrawn after even 1 member has been found guilty.

Just to note, the team-wide withdrawals that have occurred in cycling have been done by the organisers - or the teams themselves voluntarily - not by WADA or their affiliates, or even (in the case of cycling) by the UCI, the governing body. WADA and related penalties only apply to individuals.

Also worth noting, is that in the Festina affair, the biggest team-wide drugs bust in cycling, that there were no positive tests, nothing was found on or with the riders, and it was initially only the trainer who was driving the car carrying the "products" who was arrested. Riders subsequently confessed, and were banned based on those confessions.

Edited by bing181

Guest José Mourinho

Dank made a few slip ups.

There were a few different "tells".

The nose scratches at the exact time when he was telling the biggest fibs.
Nodding his head in a positive fashion, when making a negative statement.

He accidentally threw in a "sort of" qualification when attempting to be unequivocal.

He perplexingly was unable to recall if it was "maybe 3 or 4 or 5" coaches on the additional supplements.

ABC iview might get a workout tomorrow.

• Like 1

i gave peptides to the coaches who don't play but not to the players who do play

yeah, sure ....makes sense

and i only injected vitamin C and vitamin B nothing else

like you really really need to inject vitamins. there is no other way

and billing $10K a round of injections is cheap vitamins......right

pup must be wasting his time with swisse flogging a months supply of multiviamin pills for $20

• Like 4

Essendon NAB Cup Team Rd 1

B Goddard Goddard Goddard

HB Goddard Goddard Goddard

C Goddard Goddard Goddard

HF Goddard Goddard Goddard

F Goddard Goddard Goddard

Foll Goddard Goddard Goddard

Int ? ? ? ?

Total games played for Essendon

tee hee.....

i gave peptides to the coaches who don't play but not to the players who do play

yeah, sure ....makes sense

and i only injected vitamin C and vitamin B nothing else

like you really really need to inject vitamins. there is no other way

and billing $10K a round of injections is cheap vitamins......right

pup must be wasting his time with swisse flogging a months supply of multiviamin pills for $20

One $30k invoice would buy a lot of Swiss vitamin C tablets........

He said that some of the coaches were using peptides (or suchlike) that were on WADA's banned list and it sounded like they knew about it (?). Not a good look to say the least. This could take quite some time before it's done with. Better them than us. I wouldn't trust one word he said.

Smart move by him muddying the waters and implicating others. Banned drugs were a part of the club culture but not used by players???? well may be inadvertently.

Smart move by him muddying the waters and implicating others. Banned drugs were a part of the club culture but not used by players???? well may be inadvertently.

Yeah, been thinking about why he put some of the coaches in. Of course he was sacked by the club and it might be his way of getting back at them. He must have known that the media will now be all over it.

Clubs have a lot of support coaches so any of them could be implicated. Of course, these coaches may not have done anything wrong. However, it's not a good look and a lot of assumptions could now be made.

Thank goodness we knocked him back.

Edited by Macca

Hmmm...

I would assume the AFL would choose to blame the 'handful of miscreants' in this case, rather than interrupt the TV money.

So... proposal one -

Club gets a whacking great fine, loses draft picks, and all players may choose to declare themselves free agents at end of year.

Result? - see also Carlton 2002...

Don't forget to watch The 7.30 Report tonight.

Danks no doubt will deny all but watch his body language closely.

Clues.

Yep- the nose rub.

You picked it-or did you watch the interview at work?

WTH !

Intravenous vitamins B and C?

If you beleive that rubbish you would have to beleive in Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

typical of the hysterical reporting though, The coaches used WADA banned drugs (that were entirely legal for everyone except sports participants) They love a beat up.....

For once I don't think this is a typical beat-up. It is reasonable to raise - Why the hell are coaches taking such things? What is the ramification of them being around the club, physically and culturally?