• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

There's mutterings at hq about doing away with compo for teams that lose free agents.

I hate free agency.

the reason they quote is that clubs who lose a fa are then reluctant to bid for a fa because of the netting/compo issue

instead of chucking out compo entirely just remove the netting (as discussed before)

• Like 1

I wonder if Adelaide would do Sylvia compo for vince and their 3rd rounder, assuming that's around the 45 mark? I would love to bring in vince as he offers the foil for our new younger recruits. Perhaps even compo pick and our 3rd rounder for Lyons, vince and Adelaide's 3rd rounder. Dom Tyson is a great get, pick 2 could have been aish or Kelly, and we can judge how that plays out in time. That said, aish or Kelly could have had a bad knee injury in their first year as well. This guy has had 2 seasons now to understand the system. It's a great trade.

As everyone has alluded to, 9 would be great on crouch or freeman, but even if we miss out there, there is still dumont, billings, haratung and my dark horse for this years draft- Blake acres.

Great work dees!

• Like 2

I assume we are confident we will get who we want at 9 and that we see Tyson as a homesick pick 3 coming into his 3rd year as better than an unknown pick 2 with no development.Also big believer that you should go by how a kid finishes their year to see what to expect they will build on. The below is a good sign. Look forward to recording these games when Fox Footy play them in a couple of weeks, Just missed Michie' round 13 game v Geelong as it was played 3 days before we announced :)

"But he finished the season in brilliant form, with 24 disposals against St Kilda in round 22 and 26 touches against North Melbourne in round 23."

• Like 2

As has already been mentioned by a few I reckon the clubs already know ( unofficially ) what the compo will be .

The AFL needs to somehow stimulate all of this and the quiet leaking of intending compensation would do that.

Good post. I would trade Jamar and Spencer, and go after Longer. After all, we tatgetted Hannath last year and just missed out. I think also Roos has plans of using Fitzy and Clark as ruckmen particularly in the front half. Clark, I think I'm right in saying, played the majority of his football in the ruck for Brisbane, and is very competent at it. With Dawes, Hogan, Fitzy and Howe down forward this year, Clark's forward skills are not so much needed, although he was extraordinarily good at it in his first half year at the club. The thing I really like about Clark up forward is he is an elite kick for goal. Nevertheless, I think we will see big Max and Clark as our primary ruckmen this year. I expect max to be one of the standout improvers under Roos.

I like your thinking Dees2014, however I'm open as to whether its Gawn or Spencer, + Jamar.

Frawley is worth much more than this. Pick one and Shiel I might consider but really Frawley is going nowhere.

alternatively what about Shiel & the General? as recompense?

I think losing Dew might be a blessing in disguise. If it is true they have postponed the appointment of Roos successor for twelve months, then it would certainly ensure Roos has a third year, and maybe even PR gets the taste of coaching again and decides to commit for the long term. If we have some success next year (and the way we are positioning ourselves over this trade period I think that is increasingly likely), Roos might be so encouraged by this that he might once again see himself again as a 5-8 year coach. And that would have to be good for all of us.

again agreed, but also IMO PR, & PJ are realising its a bigger task atmo, than they first realised, but now seems like some trade changes are flowing & this will help us reshape the club, grassroots up.

I'd like to see Roos on for 5Yrs, & still allow him to work on the changeover at the same time. if he steps aside after 4 OK, with the right person there alongside. but I think it will take 4yrs to solidify the new club culture. we should be well & truly deep into finals I'd hope by then.

I assume we are confident we will get who we want at 9 and that we see Tyson as a homesick pick 3 coming into his 3rd year as better than an unknown pick 2 with no development.Also big believer that you should go by how a kid finishes their year to see what to expect they will build on. The below is a good sign. Look forward to recording these games when Fox Footy play them in a couple of weeks, Just missed Michie' round 13 game v Geelong as it was played 3 days before we announced :)

"But he finished the season in brilliant form, with 24 disposals against St Kilda in round 22 and 26 touches against North Melbourne in round 23."

Totally agree, but isn't that quote about the end of his 2012 season? Dom finished 2013 with 10 and 18 disposals against Richmond and Gold Coast respectively.

Still very pumped though!

Compo article

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-18/clubs-sweat-on-compensation-picks

Sounding like we might only get pick 38 for Sylvia. Just hope the Crows will accept it for Vince.

"Melbourne is sweating on a pick after its second-round selection for losing its best midfielder, Colin Sylvia, to Fremantle."

You'd think that since Ryan has written so much about the Dees, he'd be well aware that Nathan Jones is far and away Melbourne's best midfielder. It's an insult to Jones to say that Sylvia is a better player than him.

• Like 3

"Melbourne is sweating on a pick after its second-round selection for losing its best midfielder, Colin Sylvia, to Fremantle."

You'd think that since Ryan has written so much about the Dees, he'd be well aware that Nathan Jones is far and away Melbourne's best midfielder. It's an insult to Jones to say that Sylvia is a better player than him.

True. But happy if saying that ups his compo pick. Not that it will.

Smashed it!

Now let's land Vince, Cross and Lyons.

We're close to having an engine with some horsepower. There is some hope for 2014.

Throw in our pick 9. I think we can get the ball into the Fwd 50.

Watch those backmen s**t themselves.

• Like 2

If this midfield can mesh well we will be completive next season. We have a very good fwd line and back line on paper, hopefully we see it put in practice!

He's a camberwell boy so he'll fit in nicely. Stick that in your pipe Greg Denham.

Given he lived in Camberwell and went to Trinity, I'm going to put money on him being a Melbourne supporter growing up. :P Can anyone confirm or deny this?

• Like 2

The person im pumping for info tells me 'he can't know everything' when I asked about pick 2 v Tyson. Lol.

We were keen on shoel, they tried to palm off a package of grunt players, but Dom was happy at gws but open to playing under Roos according to his manager. Shiel was less keen and they wanted to keep him.

Guy at work with questionable sources tells me Lyons not particularly keen on a trade.

as for the trade some are suggesting we lose but anyone with a modicum of footy smarts can see the clear merit in us snaring a pick 3 rising star nominee who is as good inside as many of their talented mids, has the height that Roos loves and who is great in traffic and has composure.

he looks a quality talent and being from Camberwell would probably have MFC / MCC family or friends.

• Like 1

NSC, thanks for the goodish oil. Has your source heard anything about Black coming to the dees as an assistant coach?

The person im pumping for info tells me 'he can't know everything' when I asked about pick 2 v Tyson. Lol.