The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

MELBOURNE has secured outstanding young Greater Western Sydney midfielder Dom Tyson, plus picks No.9 and No.53.

In exchange, the Demons have given the Giants three draft selections: No.2, No.20 and No.72.

MELBOURNE has secured outstanding young Greater Western Sydney midfielder Dom Tyson, plus picks No.9 and No.53.

In exchange, the Demons have given the Giants three draft selections: No.2, No.20 and No.72.

Let's assume Sylvia compensation is pick 21. That puts us in a great position to get two more quality midst (eg crouch) plus Cross. It is starting to look seriously good.

Well done to the team, PJ and Paul Roos. That's what happens,when have professionals in charge of the asylum.

Let's assume Sylvia compensation is pick 21. That puts us in a great position to get two more quality midst (eg crouch) plus Cross. It is starting to look seriously good.

Well done to the team, PJ and Paul Roos. That's what happens,when have professionals in charge of the asylum.

I think the rumour going around today is that the Sylvia pick is off to Adelaide for Vince.

Either way, we end up with pick 9, Tyson, Michie, Vince, and maybe Cross as a DFA.

In: Tyson, Picks 9,53

Out: Picks 2, 20, 72

Going to make the Vince deal hard if Sylvia compo pick isn't in the 20s.

I suspect a birdie would have told us what to expect.

• Like 2

I am going to listen to trade radio today just to hear that [censored] Barrett come up with some insane reasoning to say it s horrible deal for us, just for an excuse to stick the boots into the MFC

Should be funny

• Like 1

I am going to listen to trade radio today just to hear that [censored] Barrett come up with some insane reasoning to say it s horrible deal for us, just for an excuse to stick the boots into the MFC

Should be funny

Clearly trading a pick for a player packaged with 2 upgrades is a "scattergun" approach akin to Neeld's last year. Demons are a mess, etc etc

If you do happen to hear him, please post it. I too would be interested to hear what the [censored] has to say.

Just in regards to the saints rumour - them chasing Billy Longer for their pick just after ours in the 2nd round...

I'm a fan of Gawn and think he's a decent developing prospect, but he's an ACL away from his career being on the rocks.

Spencer I'm more lukewarm on.

Jamar is gone.

Fitzy is a fwd, not a ruck.

None of these 4 have claimed the number 1 spot as theirs in recent times.

Longer however is a promising young ruckman, available on the cheap.

I've heard whispers about iffy character, but know no more.

Surely a decent prospect to bolster our ruck stocks for a 2nd round pick in a weak draft?

Worth having a crack at gazumping the saints?

Can't see how they'd be a more attractive destination than MFC.

Viv certainly agrees.

at the moment, Fitzy's not a ruck, well not yet, an AFL grade ruck. but so was Ottens when he came over, more a forward who had to learn. similar natural skills & size IMO.

But I agree with you as you talk on, Re Gawn & Snake. I'd like to get a deal with Billy Longer & ?????

Rumour - Frawley/Shiel - Straight swap - I heard it I am passing it on for what it is worth.

Would have to be Shiel & Ploughman to work. Or Shiel & an early pick?

I have no doubt Frawley to GWS is on the cards. Roos planted the seed through the media. If he won't sign up - then trade him. Free agency compo looks like being scrapped next year so need to put the acid on Chip.

have been.

Compo article

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-18/clubs-sweat-on-compensation-picks

Sounding like we might only get pick 38 for Sylvia. Just hope the Crows will accept it for Vince.

The timing of our trade announcement today would suggest that we are about to get shafted on the Sylvia compensation.

A bit of sugar to help the medicine go down.

Edited by Roosy's Bruisers

Remove the comp and you remove this hold up we have seen while teams are waiting for the comp, and removes the desire to not 'spoil' your comp by not signing a FA if you lost one.

It has restricted movement of players.

But a simplified compensation model is the answer in my book.

I'm not against F/A compo picks, but against the dilution of, if you recruit another free agent. also don't like the long delay in realising which pick number compo assigned.

• Like 1