Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

haha, I was talking about the list & club.

he is a part of the change, to turn over the list, as is Mr Byrnes.

even if they aren't stars they will be depth once we get better, in the best 15 players bracket. as we develop the upper level of our list with no pretenders these depth guys will play better.

its hard to play well as a battler, when many of the top players are Krarpp.

I agree. Just dispute that Pedersen is a culture changer. Let's hope he can improve though.

Quote me on the 500 comments i have made then you [censored]

While staying on topic i agree with the people that say we shouldnt deal pick 20 for Vince. Id rather it towards Lyons.

Hoping the Ox is right about Shiels..

Another wasted post, why do you even bother......what a tool the laughing stock of this site

Mate of mine at the gym said he heard on the radio a three way deal which included Melbourne's pick 2 to Port Adelaide in exchange for Hamish Hartlett and pick 13? Said he heard it on the radio on one of the news stations reporting it. Not sure if he misheard or not but can't find any information regarding this, did anyone happen to catch or hear about this?

Haven't heard anything....

It's a little hard to believe it given Hartlett is a SA boy, and also it's an exchange fraught with too much danger from Melbourne's point of view given Hartlett's dodgy injury history.

Edited by Roosy's Bruisers

Mate of mine at the gym said he heard on the radio a three way deal which included Melbourne's pick 2 to Port Adelaide in exchange for Hamish Hartlett and pick 13? Said he heard it on the radio on one of the news stations reporting it. Not sure if he misheard or not but can't find any information regarding this, did anyone happen to catch or hear about this?

Make it Ollie Wines and pick 13 for pick 2 and you've got a deal

• Like 1

Interesting, I need to think about that

Could be irrelevant but Jarred Polec just started dating a girl i know who lives in Melbourne, and she is hot enough for him to consider relocating his whole family to Melbourne

The Dees should swoop in and offer pick 20 to Brisbane and score the hottest WAG in the AFL :blink:

• Like 3

5aa getting excited maybe?

It's not something that works for me.

Could be irrelevant but Jarred Polec just started dating a girl i know who lives in Melbourne, and she is hot enough for him to consider relocating his whole family to Melbourne

The Dees should swoop in and offer pick 20 to Brisbane and score the hottest WAG in the AFL :blink:

"Could be irrelevant"? Fair chance I'd say.

Make it Ollie Wines and pick 13 for pick 2 and you've got a deal

I'm a big Wines fan, but Wines is so overrated on this forum is it's ridiculous. Hartlett is a much better player than Wines and only a few years older. If you go back and watch the debacle that is Rd 1, you will see what a class player Hartlett is, he tore us to shreds!

Yeah, it's all Pedersen's fault that he got taken by the club and just may not have been good enough to make it at AFL level... but given time and the right coaching he might be able to make it yet. If you want a good example of how a very average player can blossom under Roos, look no further than LRT at the Swans.

And I agree with you whole heartedly... we SHOULD all make it personal and start bagging him for his poor physique and his poor play... I mean to say, we should be sending the link to these shots off to Jenny Craig so she can come to his rescue.

LRT had commitment and worked hard for his team, a whole different kind of player.

Another wasted post, why do you even bother......what a tool the laughing stock of this site

If you have nothing to add this topic do demonland a favour and boot of from here you muppet.

If you wanna get personal then inbox me but dont hijack this thread for people having to read your trash.

• Like 1

If we were offered Hamish Hartlett and Pick 13 for Pick 2 we would jump at it. Imagine a midfield with Hartlett, Vince, Michie , Cross and maybe Bontempelli or Freeman. That would be an awesome set of additions to our present players and would propel us up the ladder quite a bit.

• Like 2

Why when you have bedazzleddavys crap

Ohhh thats right your still [censored] that i said how Gold Coast would basically laugh at you for a trade you brought up.. Wow obviously you need to grow up and harden the phk up if your still sulking over that comment.

Edited by dazzledavey36

Ohhh thats right your still [censored] that i said how Gold Coast would basically laugh at you for a trade you brought up.. Wow obviously you need to grow up and harden the fk up ifnyour still sulking over that comment.

At least I put theories up, we print your posts out at work and put them on the wall under the heading of look what the jackass has come up with now

I'm a big Wines fan, but Wines is so overrated on this forum is it's ridiculous. Hartlett is a much better player than Wines and only a few years older. If you go back and watch the debacle that is Rd 1, you will see what a class player Hartlett is, he tore us to shreds!

I agree with you to an extent...the only worry for me is that Hartlett couldn't string together more than 16 games a season until this year. Also have concerns that Port might have been using an alternative type of Orange Juice this year, which in turn hides players real proneness to injury....But that's just my opinion

Edited by Roosy's Bruisers

I agree. Just dispute that Pedersen is a culture changer. Let's hope he can improve though.

sorry thats not what I'm saying at all. he would benefit from a better culture.

------------------------------

the bearers of the poor culture, are those who grew from within it. infected by it. to change the culture its easier to ship out many.

crack it like an egg, then work with the ones who are more highly motivated to succeed & willing to open the mind & do the real hard work to change themselves personally. ones who can see their faults & willing to work on them. this is a stumbling block to many who will not acknowledge their flaws. some are too hard headed to change or even listen.

IMO we are in a good position IMO after Neeld broke it open.

Roos is the perfect IMO to take charge with the cracked culture to reform it & build it, guide it & take us all forward.

sorry thats not what I'm saying at all. he would benefit from a better culture.

------------------------------

the bearers of the poor culture, are those who grew from within it. infected by it. to change the culture its easier to ship out many.

crack it like an egg, then work with the ones who are more highly motivated to succeed & willing to open the mind & do the real hard work to change themselves personally. ones who can see their faults & willing to work on them. this is a stumbling block to many who will not acknowledge their flaws. some are too hard headed to change or even listen.

IMO we are in a good position IMO after Neeld broke it open.

Roos is the perfect IMO to take charge with the cracked culture to reform it & build it, guide it & take us all forward.

Well said.

Now with Stone on board i expect a different culture next couple of years.

I'm actually surprised the Hartlett rumour hasn't come earlier I really rate him and I think he would be a perfect fit for us but no way would he leave port now after the year they had. They are on the up and he would be stupid to jump ship now

Hahaha I love the keyboard heroes on here FWIW I'd back Dazzle to have it over both of you if you were ever man enough to say it to his face

This thread is for rumours and if you have a problem with people posting them I suggest that you raise your grievances/crap on another thread.

I actually enjoy reading dazzle's posts so keep them coming mate

Tingles.

Absolute all star mate.

Anyway back on topic heard. I know you have a fairly close connections with alot of tassie footballers. Any word on Mav Weller?

Tingles.

Absolute all star mate.

Anyway back on topic heard. I know you have a fairly close connections with alot of tassie footballers. Any word on Mav Weller?

Haha thanks mate

Not 100 % sure mate to be honest. Haven't heard much on him apparently we are looking at him but waiting to see who else we can get before we go ahead. From what I heard Hawthorn and StKilda were looking at him. Mitch Thorp from all reports will definitely be re drafted and I think St Kilda/Freo are probably favourites for him.

Bit of chatter about that Eagles will do the deal with Collingwood for pick 10 & 27, with 6 going the other way. Dom Sheed tipped to be selected by Eagles at 10, with 27 going to Brissy for Yeo.

Not sure if Collingwood have their eyes set on a particular player at 6 or whether it's going to form part of a bigger deal with GWS. Pick 1 perhaps? Might explain why they're pushing hard for pick 2...