The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Hence my trade or re-sign Frawley thread.

When a club puts up an unmatchable offer for Frawley next year all we get is an end of first round pick.

There's an article on melbournefc quoting Frawley saying it's time the players step up.

Well it's time you step up James. Offer him the big contract 5 years 3.5-4 million and tell him he either signs it or we look to trade him now.

The problem wth this theory is that a player with a year to go on his contract does not have to agree to a trade. Thus we'd have to trade him to a club of his choice or he might decide to serve out the final year. Result being player's club may not get much more in a trade than they get from free agency compo though the later may be abolished within a few years. Point that a player has to agree to a trade stands.

Edited by demoniac

Just to make sure I didn't hear you wrong; are you Jewish?

I do have the nose for it!

My source told me we are interested in the following:

Kane Lucas/ Josh Bootsma/ Brad Sheppard - One of those players will be traded for a 3rd pick. Bring on Sheppard, hes a gun.

Alan Didak - Has spoken to Paul Roos, if no one picks him up we'll get him.

Savage - Happy to come to us if for second round pick if he doesn't go to Carlton.

Mitchie - Richmond might make a run at him.

Cross - Between as Blues and us.

Janesch - Staying at Adelaide since Callilan most likely will go.

Callilan for a 4th/5th pick.

Don't be surprised if we only use 3 picks in the drat on kids. After pick 25, the draft is very very weak.

Liam Patrick - Senior Rookie list

Jake King - Roos keen on him. Loves his grunt and passion for the jumper. I don't want the [censored] though.

Roos thinks our major problem is most of the players don't show heart, so he's trying to bring in players with mongrel and toughness: ala Cross, King etc

• Like 8

The issue here BH, is not your judgement of Cam Pederson, it's your judgement of your fellow posters. I had high hopes for Pederson too, but I did not go as far as saying he would be the recruit of the year. Everyone has an opinion, as supporters that's all we have. If you wanna pretend you sit on a higher pedestal, then expect to be taken to task.

In other words, stop being the ego maniac!

Look, it's really easy. Don't frigging read me.

It's not hard. I have threads where half the content doesn't appear thanks to ignore. You won't miss me, nor I you.

My source told me we are interested in the following:

Kane Lucas/ Josh Bootsma/ Brad Sheppard - One of those players will be traded for a 3rd pick. Bring on Sheppard, hes a gun.

Alan Didak - Has spoken to Paul Roos, if no one picks him up we'll get him.

Savage - Happy to come to us if for second round pick if he doesn't go to Carlton.

Mitchie - Richmond might make a run at him.

Cross - Between as Blues and us.

Janesch - Staying at Adelaide since Callilan most likely will go.

Callilan for a 4th/5th pick.

Don't be surprised if we only use 3 picks in the drat on kids. After pick 25, the draft is very very weak.

Liam Patrick - Senior Rookie list

Jake King - Roos keen on him. Loves his grunt and passion for the jumper. I don't want the [censored] though.

Roos thinks our major problem is most of the players don't show heart, so he's trying to bring in players with mongrel and toughness: ala Cross, King etc

Either your info is crap or Roos is a fruitcake.

Edited by Ben-Hur
  • Like 11

I just report what I hear.

Take it at what you will.

In Roos We Trust.

If Roos wants to get King/Didak and turn them into serviceable players for us who play with heart and passion, a bit of morgrel. Then go ahead, he's more qualified than anyone on this site to make that judgement.

I just want us winning. WINNING. Not happy with anything else.

And you have spoken to? (Not being funny but a coterie member has told me that)

I have spoken to people with more clout than coterie members. I'm not saying we won't keep pick 2 and I'm not saying Dylan Shiel won't necessarily come to the Dees. But I know the club is looking at other avenues and has offered pick 2 directly for another player which hasn't been resolved yet and the player hasn't been mentioned in dispatches anywhere. Now Im not going to say who the player is because Im not going to betray the source of my information - and the likehlihood of his club letting him go is extremely remote, in any case - am merely saying that your contention of it being Shiel or the pick kept is 100% incorrect!

• Like 6

I told him he was a joke for coming here and spruiking on absolute trash and got howled down for it. This bloke is a fruitcake and people take him too serious. He also said we were close to signing Luke Shuey when we were not even close, he said Bernie Vince was requesting a trade home to Perth when he is from SA, mentioned janesch wants a trade back to his home state in Victoria when he is from SA..

Plus he thinks Didak and Callinan will become demon players.. seriously thats not Paul Roos.

Hasn't even named where his source comes from..

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

It makes horrific reading BH. Id take Mitchie, the rest are spuds or are one step out of a nursing home.

We wouldnt be doing much wininng if that is the type of garbage we are looking to trade for

I just want us winning. WINNING. Not happy with anything else.

That sig is just cruel.

It's not funny to mock those that are mentally deficient...

Yeah it would suck to get a star like Lewis Jetta plus up and coming midfield star Rohan for pick 2

Heaven forbid we get some serious players to the club

Remember: Roos turned Ted Richards into a decent player.

Now I knew Ted Richards as an acquaintance back in the day, and hoped he'd come good eventually... but he was rubbish.

I agree.

There were a good few, probably 5, in the Xavier First 18 team ahead of him that year...

Good on him for making a fist of it, but I suspect a lot had to do with his coaching and development.

With the prospect of Jamar being traded, maybe we should look at getting Billy Longer.

I wonder if the lions would be interested in pick 2 for Longer and Pick 7? I think that would be a good deal. There could even be a 3 way trade with collingwood so they can get Karnezis maybe.

I would love to steal the hawks possible ruckman from under their noses!

• Like 2