The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Old man and Carr were having dinner with dodoro and Goodwin from essendon last night, hardly a good sign for BnF tonight..

Anyone confirm this ? No way Essendon could afford him and they have nothing to trade to Richmond.

until he proves his foot is back to good after a full season who the hell would take him?

Beat me to it OD... I was trying to fathom how anyone could think Clark would have good trade currency with Freemantle when there is still a massive dark cloud hanging over his immediate future, which will probably remain unknown until he has played freely for a few uninterrupted rounds next year.

Zaharakis would be a good trade

He would but he won't leave Essendon now. plus they still couldn't afford him. Gone into debt for their new training facility and still need to pay the AFL's fine. Losing Crameri and Zaharakis would help but I don't think Zaharakis will leave.

anyone suggesting to trade Mitch Clark should be ashamed of themselves

Anyone judging others for constructively discussing options to improve our overall list on a trade rumour mill thread, regardless of probability or popularity, should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 2

Not directly related to Melbourne, but my mail is that three Essendon players asked to be traded because of their loss of faith in the club with everything that happened this year. Zakarakis, Myers and Kommer. Apparently they managed to talk the former around (although i'd love for us to get into his ear). Crameri wanting out is due to money / oppurtunity, not the drugs scandal.

At the right price, i'd be interested in getting Myers to our club.

The beginning of the end for Essendrug, lol not only has it closed their window now, but the club will be on it's knees for a decade. It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch :)

• Like 2

why is trade week radio on?

Surely the trade period hasn't started yet?

Because people like us listen.

Because Hutchy has found enough advertisers to pay for a couple of B grade presenters to do some talk back that doesn't cost much

And because clubs and managers are happy to provide content which they use to push their argument or distribute misinformation

Yes he may say hello but he also played in an era that is not as taxing on the younger bodies as the afl is now. If you go by that then Cale Morton would have been a superstar

Cale Morton entered the AFL with only slightly different build than Nat Fyfe who was top 5 on ground Saturday and is 22.

Jack Gunston is only 21 and has a super skinny build but was second best on ground.

Can't deal with the no skinny kids attitude

• Like 6

Cale Morton entered the AFL with only slightly different build than Nat Fyfe who was top 5 on ground Saturday and is 22.

Jack Gunston is only 21 and has a super skinny build but was second best on ground.

Well played

I just don't think that our reults with skinny kids have gone well. Blease Cook Morton and a few others spring to mind.

Watching Fyfe is a tease, as he is the perfect example of size doesn't matter and comparing him to Morton makes me weep. I think we are a little gun shy on drafting the skinny kids now because every skinny kid we draft is an utter failure. It is the reason why I want to draft a ready to go "bull" because we are in no position to gamble on another stick insect at this point in time.

Not directly related to Melbourne, but my mail is that three Essendon players asked to be traded because of their loss of faith in the club with everything that happened this year. Zakarakis, Myers and Kommer. Apparently they managed to talk the former around (although i'd love for us to get into his ear). Crameri wanting out is due to money / oppurtunity, not the drugs scandal.

At the right price, i'd be interested in getting Myers to our club.

I'd really hope we talk to Zaharakis.

the others I haven't taken much note of?

Watching Fyfe is a tease, as he is the perfect example of size doesn't matter and comparing him to Morton makes me weep. I think we are a little gun shy on drafting the skinny kids now because every skinny kid we draft is an utter failure. It is the reason why I want to draft a ready to go "bull" because we are in no position to gamble on another stick insect at this point in time.

Sadly we drafted the 'bull' himself Luke Tapscott, and he's proved to be just as useless as the skinny kids. I hope all the Melbourne drafters completely ignore the past. Don't rule out skinny kids, fat kids, red heads or women.. Pick who Paul and his trusted rate will develop into an a-game player. Whoever they back, I'll support....

At least until Round 1 :)

• Like 2