Harry O

To be honest I don't see where O'Brien would fit in our list.

We have Garland, Frawley, Terlich, Clisby, Grimes, Tommy Mac, MacKenzie, Pedersen ect.

The money he would want could be used on getting a better mid which is the real issue.

Also he is a [censored].

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 1

Apparently Harry didn't front up to training today, so I guess Cloak's comments about everything being hunky dory are not quite accurate. Wonder what it was that Buckley said re same sex marriage that got him so offside?

Buckley nicknamed Paul Seedsman 'Lez' after Lesbian because of his horrific haircut. He said it in a team meeting and apparently Harry spoke up and said don't say that he said it again and all the players cracked up laughing. Harry went off at Bucks and the rest is history. Just be bloody glad he's not at Melbourne. For someone who's plays AFL and supposes to have ideal views I personally think he's so far off he doesn't even notice it.

Apparently Harry didn't front up to training today, so I guess Cloak's comments about everything being hunky dory are not quite accurate. Wonder what it was that Buckley said re same sex marriage that got him so offside?

So as far as I've been able to ascertain.

Collingwood players have a nick name for Seedsman in 'Lesie' due to his new haircut resembling that sported by many women of a certain sexual orientation

Pies players are having a meeting

Bucks refers to Seedsman by his nickname in which Harry O doesn't have a huge problem with

Bucks then asks Harry O if he's ok with him using the nickname and then somehow offends Harry by make a point of Harry's personality and his over the top full of himself nature on moral issues.

To me it doesn't sound like Bucks had a go at Harry for his beliefs, but because of the way he articulates them and his bigger than the team nature. But you could spin at around the other way and say Bucks was in a way bullying him and undermining him just because he stands up for what is right. When you remember that Harry O is not only against racism but he's also of some notion that most of us white Australians are also supportive on racism just because we don't go into a fit when someone strings a few words together you start to understand how Harry's mind works.

As for Harry the footballer

- Elite endurance

- Great work rate and good trainer

- Good long kick

- Poor short kicking/decision making under pressure

- Not a great one on one defender of clever forwards and not sure he's hugely accountable on the wing

As for Harry off the field

- Has great positives as a role model and community activist

- Has a big negative in that he is definitely full of himself and can be a distraction

I'd take him for a cheap pick up if he quit the pies but I'd also like to give him some serious PR and Media training and help rebrand him. He doesn't have a good grasp on the media and has been exploited by it and now appears a pseudo intellectual [censored].

Buckley nicknamed Paul Seedsman 'Lez' after Lesbian because of his horrific haircut. He said it in a team meeting and apparently Harry spoke up and said don't say that he said it again and all the players cracked up laughing. Harry went off at Bucks and the rest is history. Just be bloody glad he's not at Melbourne. For someone who's plays AFL and supposes to have ideal views I personally think he's so far off he doesn't even notice it.

Why be glad he's not at the MFC because of that? I would like to think we would want guys who can play good footy... and he is someone who can definitely do that.

Why be glad he's not at the MFC because of that? I would like to think we would want guys who can play good footy... and he is someone who can definitely do that.

Notwithstanding the fact that Buckley's (alleged) comment was completely inappropriate and he deserved to be called on it.

• Like 2

you should know hardtack that we only take skinny choir-boys preferably from a "good" school

that way we have a continuous choice of those to heap blame and scorn on by all those posters with mfcss

• Like 1

I was pretty shocked to see hes only 26 (turns 27 in November)

Still got a fair bit of footy left in him.

I bet incoming coach Paul Roos would love him playing off the HBF for us next season.

I have also heard on good authority that following Harry O and Bucks confrontation there were text messages exchanged with the final message from Harry O telling his coach to "Eat a dick".

Probably a fair indication as to why Harry O is now on the outer.

I have also heard on good authority that following Harry O and Bucks confrontation there were text messages exchanged with the final message from Harry O telling his coach to "Eat a [censored]".

probably a good lesson to a coach not to manage player personalities via social media

I have mixed feelings about him as both a player and media figure (the only two things I can actually see)

Sometimes he can be a potent weapon counterattacking from defence. But we have that.

The flipside is, he often plays pretty loose on his opponent which we certainly can't afford given our midfield weakness and the number of occasions that would get exposed for the next year or two.

I worry that we'll end up with another Moloney situation - expecting the other defenders to sacrifice their game so he can play his preferred way.

Also... he'll cost as much as or even more than Dawes and not actually meet any particular need in our structure.

Off the field, I didn't like what seemed like attention seeking, but he does actually back his hype with action at the day-to-day level.

For instance, if the story is true and Buckley basically had a go at him for being so outrageously selfish as to sometimes point out that the AFL's respect and responsibility guidelines are actually there for a reason, well, Harry gets a little tick for having a bit of courage to bring things up, even when Buckley doesn't get it.

• Like 3

I have also heard on good authority that following Harry O and Bucks confrontation there were text messages exchanged with the final message from Harry O telling his coach to "Eat a [censored]".

Ahhh ha ha ha, ok, I've changed my mind, let's get him.

He's a [censored] but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Thank god there are some people here who understand footy.

He's not Akker. He isn't on rape charges.

Harry O would be awesome in our backline. We would have the best backline and forward line in the comp.

He does sound a bit high maintenance to me :rolleyes:

Do we a vacancy for a prima dona ?

Notwithstanding the fact that Buckley's (alleged) comment was completely inappropriate and he deserved to be called on it.

Please Nasher that's PC gone crazy. If you think that's the most derogatory nickname in the AFL. This is a sport where it's 44 blokes who need complete trust in each other. If that joke is considered fine I'm gonna turn up to footy Saturday morning and tell the fellas to be very careful in the rev up speech. This is not racism, Harry needs to understand that understanding is a two way street. Just because he's doesn't take a liking to something he doesn't need the final say. I am incredibly firm against racism but at the end of the day Football clubs whether you like it or not are glorified blokes clubs and where you let off some gas where you cannot do at work or around the family. Cannot disagree with you more mate.

• Like 3