Jobe took banned drug

jnrmac

This is what I don't understand.

it is the players and ONLY the players responsibility RE what goes into their bodies.

if a drug that is banned by WADA has entered their bodies, how do they NOT get a penalty?

the AFL cant have a 17 team comp

the players will sue whats left of the dons

sponsorship drop off

no crowds to games

opposition playing dons and resting their best players

don't wont a bye

Watson doesn't have to explain , I was injected with AOD

now they have a great result

we are going to punish the bombers. no evidence produced of wrong doing

we are punishing the players. no evidence of wrong doing

asada has an ONGOING investigation. asada keep face

problem solved. keep the public happy with a scapegoat

get the finals started. the story will be buried

the AFL cant have a 17 team comp

the players will sue whats left of the dons

sponsorship drop off

no crowds to games

opposition playing dons and resting their best players

don't wont a bye

Watson doesn't have to explain , I was injected with AOD

now they have a great result

we are going to punish the bombers. no evidence produced of wrong doing

we are punishing the players. no evidence of wrong doing

asada has an ONGOING investigation. asada keep face

problem solved. keep the public happy with a scapegoat

get the finals started. the story will be buried

free for all on organised doping then

• Like 1

free for all on organised doping then

not happy about it big fella

just think when vlad lands to rockstar like paparazzi he will do the

DADS BACK AND I WILL SORT IT OUT type comment at the airport

and it gets the AFL out of trouble in the future with him always pointing at media saying

YOU WANTED ME TO SORT IT OUT,I DID AND ITS OVER

no more investigations as action has been taken and all future evidence tainted already by this

it is the players and ONLY the players responsibility RE what goes into their bodies.

if a drug that is banned by WADA has entered their bodies, how do they NOT get a penalty?

Yes but the the WADA code can also ban support staff like coaches, trainers etc also as they to have a responsibility.

2.8 Administration or Attempted administration to any Athlete In-Competition of any Prohibited Method or Prohibited Substance, or administration or Attempted administration to any Athlete Out-of Competition of any Prohibited Method or any Prohibited Substance that is prohibited Out-of Competition, or assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up or any other type of complicity involving an anti-doping rule violation or any Attempted anti-doping rule violation.

10.3.2 For violations of Articles 2.7 (Trafficking or Attempted Trafficking) or 2.8 (Administration or Attempted Administration of Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method), the period of Ineligibility imposed shall be a minimum of four (4) years up to lifetime Ineligibility unless the conditions provided in Article 10.5 are met. An anti-doping rule violation involving a Minor shall be considered a particularly serious violation and, if committed by Athlete Support Personnel for violations other than Specified Substances referenced in Article 4.2.2, shall result in lifetime Ineligibility for Athlete Support Personnel. In addition, significant violations of Articles 2.7 or 2.8 which may also violate non-sporting laws and regulations shall be reported to the competent administrative, professional or judicial authorities.

They wont be penalised (as would be required by WADA) because Essendrug is deemed by Vlad as "too big to fall"; were say 20 players to be suspended for the required 2 years, then they would need special salary cap and draft "arrangements" to enable them to field 22 players a week, but they wouldn't be competitive (even with Melbourne) so wouldn't draw crowds or TV audiences. The AFL wouldn't be able to pay Vlad his inflated salary (+/- bonuses) unless of course they also fined them a million or more.

They wont be penalised (as would be required by WADA) because Essendrug is deemed by Vlad as "too big to fall"; were say 20 players to be suspended for the required 2 years, then they would need special salary cap and draft "arrangements" to enable them to field 22 players a week, but they wouldn't be competitive (even with Melbourne) so wouldn't draw crowds or TV audiences. The AFL wouldn't be able to pay Vlad his inflated salary (+/- bonuses) unless of course they also fined them a million or more.

so, does that mean the afl should withdraw from the wada umbrella?

we surely can't sign up for wada but ignore their player responsibility and sentencing protocols, can we?

if wada accept this reasoning from the afl the face of professional sport will be changed worldwide

• Like 3

so, does that mean the afl should withdraw from the wada umbrella?

we surely can't sign up for wada but ignore their player responsibility and sentencing protocols, can we?

if wada accept this reasoning from the afl the face of professional sport will be changed worldwide

They are going to get off with light sanctions dc

They are going to get off with light sanctions dc

the only way the players can get off od is if asada accept there is no hard proof (ie that would stand up in court) that they were actually injected with aod (or other banned)

i.e. a technicality

the only way the players can get off od is if asada accept there is no hard proof (ie that would stand up in court) that they were actually injected with aod (or other banned)

i.e. a technicality

hard to deny it when they signed consent forms specifically for that ....

hard to deny it when they signed consent forms specifically for that ....

i agree bub.......................i'm just trying to understand an angle that might be used to get the players off

at the end of the day unless there is hard proof or danks admits it under oath it may be just circumstantial....just playing devils advocate

Essendon players given banned drugs

The headline says it all but the story tells us that there's no conclusive proof; rather, that so far, it's all circumstantial and that's why the investigation must go on and on. The players get a reprieve for the moment but one wonders whether this is for the good of the AFL, the EFC, its players or the game in the long run. And I wonder how much the AFL, ASADA and the investigators are interested in getting to the truth of the matter and what's WADA's position on this?

The headline says it all but the story tells us that there's no conclusive proof; rather, that so far, it's all circumstantial and that's why the investigation must go on and on. The players get a reprieve for the moment but one wonders whether this is for the good of the AFL, the EFC, its players or the game in the long run. And I wonder how much the AFL, ASADA and the investigators are interested in getting to the truth of the matter and what's WADA's position on this?

Records of who took the banned drug were not kept(or conveniently shredded) before the bombers handed themselves in. So to be on the safe side all players must be banned for 2 years. The records might suddenly appear then.
  • Like 2

a wise man might be monitoring all of Danks banking :rolleyes:

And theres a very simple and logical reason why the particular records of who was given what are so shonky.. You dont have to think too hard about this.

• Like 1

No hard proof that a banned drug was taken??? Hasn't the skipper admitted taking a banned substance on national television. I just can't see how WADA will let this one go through to the keeper.

True but they may argue that he was not in control at the time of his confession due to all the banned drugs he was on. The AFL will surely accept this as Big D want to keep the cash rolling in and can hide in the USA for years if needed.

IMO nothing real bad will happen to the untouchable football club after all they are prepared to do what ever it takes and the AFL is not.

Clearly Essendon as a club will have to be whacked by the AFL regardless of whether the players get off, so what do people feel will be the likely penalty?

What will be the balance between points, bans on non-players and fines for 'bringing the game into disrepute' and not looking after layers welfare?

As for fines, if the MFC was fined $500K for 'not tanking' (when several other teams also didn't tank), I'd say at least $10M for Essendon's sins. But I bet it will be the minimum number above $500K the AFL think they can get away with. Any thoughts?

i agree bub.......................i'm just trying to understand an angle that might be used to get the players off

at the end of the day unless there is hard proof or danks admits it under oath it may be just circumstantial....just playing devils advocate

I keep telling you dc they are going to get off lightly.

A lot sort of depends on when any fines and penalties can/will be handed down.

I really dont think there will be anything clear until after the season, finals included.

Personally Id really like to see the bustards have to play a season for NO points.. Just let them wallow in the futility of it. Storm did. They survived.

The loss of the first two rounds of draft picks for 2 seasons

2M in club fines

Monetary fines for those who seemingly too the AOD ( because as OD and others keep telling me thats most likely ) Any player who took anything else Thyomsin etc 2 year ban or reduced to 12m if mitigation is applied.

Hird banned for 10 years for being a fwit

• Like 2

A lot sort of depends on when any fines and penalties can/will be handed down.

I really dont think there will be anything clear until after the season, finals included.

Personally Id really like to see the bustards have to play a season for NO points.. Just let them wallow in the futility of it. Storm did. They survived.

The loss of the first two rounds of draft picks for 2 seasons

2M in club fines

Monetary fines for those who seemingly too the AOD ( because as OD and others keep telling me thats most likely ) Any player who took anything else Thyomsin etc 2 year ban or reduced to 12m if mitigation is applied.

Hird banned for 10 years for being a fwit

Therre would be a long list at the MFC that would fall into that category bb

Can we fine them $50 000 each?

Would help the coffers no end.

• Like 1

I seem to recall very early on in this saga, that ASADA/WADA don't need much more than circumstantial evidence, as lets face it if people are doing the wrong thing, why would you keep records? and secondly with the whole drug testing regime, the only concrete evidence is basically catching someone in the act, or a positive drug test. Since none of these can happen with this investigation, and it's ASADA/WADA's role to attempt to preserve the integrity of sport and 'clean athletes' they don't need to be seen to be giving 'benefit of the doubt' in such situations, and tend to be harsher as a result. Circumstantial evidence is often enough...

I can't even remember the last time hearing a player/athlete EVER getting off lightly after being found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs... unwittingly or not. This is the one thing that baffles me with this whole damn thing.

• Like 1